Best Game Series?

Hmmm, if we leave out the annual's (PES/FIFA/etc) I would say....

Not sure, I've always enjoyed the beginning of GTA's but have never lasted long (except for Vice City). CoD has been fun, but very short (only play single player), and not really a continues story.

I'd say we could include sports games, too. Only PES would rival GTA, as I think FIFA has only developed well over the last few years.

Metal Gear Solid is a decent option, too.

Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto and Halo.

Maybe Uncharted now too and Final Fantasy.

Well I've probably played PES and Footy Manager longest so they would probably get top spot.

I thought at first of Half Life, but I actually got a bit bored after the first 3, the first is possibly the greatest game I've played, the 2nd was great, then after that it was a case of 'hope there's no more'.

GTA is probably up there outwith the Footy ones I've mentioned, Assassins Creed I love too, but guess GTA for how long it's been going. Best Rockstar game for me though was Red Dead Redemption.

FD

Oh yeah I forgot about Half-Life. In fact there are too many game series to mention.

My personal Winner:
Ultima Series

Runner up:
GTA
Monkey Island
Indiana Jones (Lucasarts games)
Uncharted
Metal Gear
Baldur's Gate
NBA 2k
PES
Final Fantasy

Monkey Island, what a great shout there too. Brilliant adventures.

Think a new one has came out or is coming out.

RE: Mario.

Never got into these platform games, never took to Mario or Sonic. However my little girl can't stop playing Marion on her DS, she has about 40+ games and Mario is the only game she plays, can't mind what one it is, might be Mario Super Bros.

FD

Forgot quite a few of those, I guess Uncharted will be able to apply after the 3rd get's released.
HL is another that I love, although with it only being up to v.2 with a few episodes thrown in I didn't think it was valid.

I would say it has to have 3 full releases or more to qualify for a series.

For me, it has to be PES, in terms of play-time and fun.
GTA and TrackMania are close runners-up.

Objectively, as gerd says, nothing can touch Mario.

Assassin's Creed could be up there too if there are a few more iterations - II and Brotherhood are beautifully crafted works of art (I don't own Brotherhood, played it a bit on a mate's console).

Half life
Broken Sword
Monkey Island
THPS
MGS
Zelda (this is starting to dwindle though, i don't intend to buy the new one)
Rainbow Six
Tomb Raider
Buzz (not the ps3 version though)
&& Fallout would be if it didn't have all those freaking bugs

Last edited:
For me, it has been in this order:

PES
Football Manager
Mario
Zelda
GTA
Street Fighter
Tony Hawk
Halo
Super Smash Bros
Metal Gear
Jak and Daxter

EA Skate - there's been 3 versions so far, all very good games (1 and 3 especially).

Civiliation except 5
Total War
Shenmue
Zelda
Football Manager
Sensible Soccer
XCOM

With the person who put the Rainbow Six games did you mean the really good tactical shooter ones which were released on PC about 5-10 years ago or the god awful console games that ruined a series?

Last edited:
Good shout on Broken Sword, another fab series for me too, forgot about that.

Also Tomb Raider I guess should get a shout, but I've started to get a wee bit bored, think I haven't played the games from Underworld onwards.

FD

With the person who put the Rainbow Six games did you mean the really good tactical shooter ones which were released on PC about 5-10 years ago or the god awful console games that ruined a series?

Well i'd include Vegas 1 because it's still a hell of a lot better than most online console FPS'. Not Vegas 2 though, the only interest i had in that was t-hunt because online was broken and campaign kind of sucked unless it was co-op.

Dynasty Warriors
Dragon Quest
Breath of Fire
Midnight Club
Driver
Battlefield .....

(no love for Halo on here either :LOL:)

I think i neglected Halo somewhat myself, atleast 1-3. I had a ball with the local co-op campaigns on those games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom