Best and worst economy Airlines?

klashman69

Fight the Power!
28 November 2007
I Travel.
What's everyones best and worst Economy Airlines you traveled on? This is for a University project so if you can add detail please do :)

Also hve you ever experienced any blood clots or severe discomfort?

I have been on Ryan Air and Easyjet, easyjet more often and I don't see anything wrong with them.

You know you are just getting a flight and thats that, I don't know why people get so pissed off, like they were expected the same standard from a more expensive airline?!

I go to Israel on EasyJet and it is max 5hour journey, I take a book, magazines, my laptop and my own food and I am fine.

If you are taking 1 hand luggage and 1 normal baggage it is great. But if you want to add extra bags then it can add up to lots more. Thats the only problem I have.

The only other one is getting your seats (as it is a free for all and you cant book seats), but I have never had a problem with this either.

I am getting a single flight to Israel for £150 in a months time....Lovely Jubly! :DD

I think low cost is exactly what you pay for. Long queues (if you don't print/check-in), silly charges, no free food or drinks and (common) delays.

Last edited:
I think low cost is exactly what you pay for. Long queues, ridiculous charges, no free food or drinks and delays.

I've used Easyjet quite alot for the last few years and the longest delay I think was 30mins. I don't have to que that long (I get there a bit early) and the amount I save, If I really wanted to I can spend a £10 on some food to take onto the plane and its nicer than what they serve on the planes anyway.

The charges can be silly though, if you want to take another 20kg bag on it costs £140.

But if you just take hand luggage or just one check in bag, then it is fine.

I've probably jinxed it anyway, it will be shit next time.

The only economy airline I've ever flown with is EasyJet and to be honest I couldn't really fault them. As long as you take the experience for what it is and are prepared for/can work around the extra charges then they are a perfectly good airline.

worst airline = air berlin.

this years experience (june/july)
flight to gran canaria:
- nearly 3 hours delay
- our suitcases (5 pcs) +50 suitcases of other customers were removed of the plane before start
- luggage stayed at dep. airport
- arrival of luggage at destination = 5 days later

flight back:
- delay of 2 hours
- a lot of suitcases were damaged after this flight (also one of ours)

no excuse for this complete desaster, no information about rights and how to go on at destination, still waiting for the money.
now our lawyer is dealing with this stupid airline.

i wouldn't recommend them at all !!!

FlyBe are the worst 'budget' airline, purely cos they advertise as such although their prices would suggest they are anything but!!

i despise them...

Back
Top Bottom