1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Best and worst economy Airlines?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by klashman69, 11 October 2011.

1. klashman69

klashman69 Fight the Power!

28 November 2007
    I Travel.
    What's everyones best and worst Economy Airlines you traveled on? This is for a University project so if you can add detail please do :)

Also hve you ever experienced any blood clots or severe discomfort?

2. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I actually died on my last flight with Easyjet. I wouldn't recommend them!

3. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    I have been on Ryan Air and Easyjet, easyjet more often and I don't see anything wrong with them.

You know you are just getting a flight and thats that, I don't know why people get so pissed off, like they were expected the same standard from a more expensive airline?!

I go to Israel on EasyJet and it is max 5hour journey, I take a book, magazines, my laptop and my own food and I am fine.

If you are taking 1 hand luggage and 1 normal baggage it is great. But if you want to add extra bags then it can add up to lots more. Thats the only problem I have.

The only other one is getting your seats (as it is a free for all and you cant book seats), but I have never had a problem with this either.

I am getting a single flight to Israel for £150 in a months time....Lovely Jubly! :DD

4. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    No return? :CRY:

5. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Yep no return....for now. A new life in the Holy land for the Bobster! :DD

I will still be on Evo-Web, they have internet in the holy Land Yee Haa!

6. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I think low cost is exactly what you pay for. Long queues (if you don't print/check-in), silly charges, no free food or drinks and (common) delays.

Last edited: 11 October 2011
  7. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    I've used Easyjet quite alot for the last few years and the longest delay I think was 30mins. I don't have to que that long (I get there a bit early) and the amount I save, If I really wanted to I can spend a £10 on some food to take onto the plane and its nicer than what they serve on the planes anyway.

The charges can be silly though, if you want to take another 20kg bag on it costs £140.

But if you just take hand luggage or just one check in bag, then it is fine.

I've probably jinxed it anyway, it will be shit next time.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    The only economy airline I've ever flown with is EasyJet and to be honest I couldn't really fault them. As long as you take the experience for what it is and are prepared for/can work around the extra charges then they are a perfectly good airline.

9. we7god

we7god Kreisklassen-Profi

15 August 2003
    Germany - Soester Börde
    FC Schalke 04
    worst airline = air berlin.

this years experience (june/july)
    flight to gran canaria:
    - nearly 3 hours delay
    - our suitcases (5 pcs) +50 suitcases of other customers were removed of the plane before start
    - luggage stayed at dep. airport
    - arrival of luggage at destination = 5 days later

flight back:
    - delay of 2 hours
    - a lot of suitcases were damaged after this flight (also one of ours)

no excuse for this complete desaster, no information about rights and how to go on at destination, still waiting for the money.
    now our lawyer is dealing with this stupid airline.

i wouldn't recommend them at all !!!

10. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Now that's one crappy airline! :CONFUSE:

11. we7god

we7god Kreisklassen-Profi

15 August 2003
    Germany - Soester Börde
    FC Schalke 04
    indeed. they won't get any money from us in near future...
    the most annoying thing: they did not care that we travelled with a 9 month young child...

12. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Steering 747s Up Above U!

15 December 2001
    Southampton
    Glasgow Rangers
    FlyBe are the worst 'budget' airline, purely cos they advertise as such although their prices would suggest they are anything but!!

i despise them...