Battlefield 3

Not really the original Battlefield series is or was nothing like BC2 and I hope BF3 stays that way.

So Brian and Cooper fucking bite me.

Last edited:
A edit and you still spell it wrong

tumblr_loa3b2nLO61qk0lryo1_500.png

To be fair I never played BF2, only Bad Company, so I only have that to go on. Personally I love that game, maybe I'd have liked BF2 even more then ;)

BC2 is quite a bit different to BF2, lol.

BF2 was the last PC game I really played, along with Counter Strike Source... funnily enough I was god awful at both of them yet played them like crazy.

I'm good at BC2, yet to this day (had it since release) I've only managed to put 31hrs into it, I just can't sit down and play the game non stop like I can with COD. (ooo I'm the devil :P)

One thing about the game that really grates me even to this day is the insane amount of snipers, that and the morons I seem to get matched up with... I have mates who I play COD with and they are all very good 'gamers' but when they go on the BC2 they choose snipers as well, and only one of them help me with the objectives (yet in COD they all help w/ the objectives) + every couple of rounds the other team manages to spawn trap you and get your helicopter all in the same process which = you're FUCKED.

I play S&D on COD, as do my mates, sound is so important on that game (I have a mixamp/AD700's, which trust me weren't cheap). Sound on BC2 is BRILLIANT but for positional accuracy/knowing where everything comes from... it's too difficult, there is so much going on all the time and only the other day I noticed that footstep sounds do exist (I was so happy) but only in the rarest of circumstances do you actually hear them, lol.

Even through all that, I'm still super excited for BF3, more so than I am for MW3. Also, I traded in my Black Ops b/c the sound was so so poor, S&D without the sound of footsteps is pointless beyond belief. It's just a bunch of people running around like headless chickens and not getting punished for it. Awful game.

I've been hammering through the beta today and I have to say i'm loving it. I did hate it for about 20mins but that was because I was getting owned pretty much every time I deployed.

I've played it on my own machine and my friends, his machine is only a AMD Phenom X2 and he can run the game fine @720p. Unsure how it will run when Dice turn on the destructible environment.

Anyhow, as a self proclaimed COD lover, I'll certainly be jumping ship to BF3 this year :)

BC2 is quite a bit different to BF2, lol.

BF2 was the last PC game I really played, along with Counter Strike Source... funnily enough I was god awful at both of them yet played them like crazy.

I'm good at BC2, yet to this day (had it since release) I've only managed to put 31hrs into it, I just can't sit down and play the game non stop like I can with COD. (ooo I'm the devil :P)

One thing about the game that really grates me even to this day is the insane amount of snipers, that and the morons I seem to get matched up with... I have mates who I play COD with and they are all very good 'gamers' but when they go on the BC2 they choose snipers as well, and only one of them help me with the objectives (yet in COD they all help w/ the objectives) + every couple of rounds the other team manages to spawn trap you and get your helicopter all in the same process which = you're FUCKED.

I play S&D on COD, as do my mates, sound is so important on that game (I have a mixamp/AD700's, which trust me weren't cheap). Sound on BC2 is BRILLIANT but for positional accuracy/knowing where everything comes from... it's too difficult, there is so much going on all the time and only the other day I noticed that footstep sounds do exist (I was so happy) but only in the rarest of circumstances do you actually hear them, lol.

Even through all that, I'm still super excited for BF3, more so than I am for MW3. Also, I traded in my Black Ops b/c the sound was so so poor, S&D without the sound of footsteps is pointless beyond belief. It's just a bunch of people running around like headless chickens and not getting punished for it. Awful game.

LOL there are quite a few snipers in BC2 but most of them are crap, wookie hunting is particularly fun.....just run behind them and their knife dogtag is yours....hehe.

Well the maps are far more urban this time so I hope it'll make sniping a bit more tactical. Anyone hear anything on the map sizes? I understand that BF2 maps were way bigger than the ones in the Bad Company games.

It looks to me like they're taking BF3 down the Bad Company route, which pleases me but obviously a lot won't be happy. Either way, the core mechanics of Battlefield are still there - teamwork, and that's good enough for me.

I read the maps are big on the pc version but BC size on console.

Yes that has been confirmed the game maps on the console version have been hugly reduced.

The developers did say it is down to what elements from the game to cut on the console.
They choose to reduce the game to 24 players and reduce the size of the maps that was the only way they would be able to allow all the features.

Our aim is to give the player the exact same experience and not try to dumb down the console version.

"If you want the same quality of game, I would say it's really, really hard. We tried to get more players in [to the console version] but then you need to scale down all the graphics, scale down all the destructibility, and sometimes you need to scale down all the map sizes. Everything is a compromise on: where do you cut?

"You could argue that other games do [fewer] players as well. There are games that do less, and there are games that do more. We don't see games that have more players as a better experience, so having more players per se doesn't automatically give you a better experience."

Bach also outlined the differences in the game's maps between console and PC.

"More or less. When we say they are smaller, it's not that we have cut them in half. But we tried to compact them slightly to keep the action up. If you compare it to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the maps weren't really small on console. We actually had huge maps even for console. We have the same kind of angle on it right now [in Battlefield 3].

We want to create the same experience for PC as for consoles."

Initially the thought of smaller maps was well disappointing, but thinking about it, if the PC maps are designed with 36 players in mind then it makes sense to scale them down for the consoles anyways, regardless of limitations. As it stands, reducing the size of the maps will probably suit having 24 players. Having less players rattle around a more empty, larger map would have been rubbish to be honest.

Just seen some gameplay videos someone posted, where's the destruction? This guy's blowing up parts of buildings, bits of it are falling to the ground, then the rubble disappears and the buildings barely look like they've been scratched.

Sorry to harp on about BC2, but the destruction in that is awesome. You can use wrecked building rubble as cover, the landscape changes depending on what's done to it. I don't see any of that in this video, despite the fact that DICE are using an upgraded version of Frostbite. Is this just me?

YouTube - Battlefield 3 - Colt M1911 & G36C I Engineer and Assualt Gameplay

Bad to see Origin is required to play the game on PC.

Nice shite way for EA to make PC users download there crap buggy version of steam.

EA announced the addition today at Gamescom with an onstage demo of two players working their way through a dark compound that led into the street. Ground and air vehicles are confirmed for the mode and so is "tight urban warfare."

Not bad having co-op so might actually play the single player game now.

WOW that looks stunning. Any news on jets in the console versions? I initially thought they won't be in seeing as the maps are smaller, but I heard DICE made some statement on how the maps will be smaller, but the airspace above them will remain the same, which indicates maybe jets are in?

WOW that looks stunning. Any news on jets in the console versions? I initially thought they won't be in seeing as the maps are smaller, but I heard DICE made some statement on how the maps will be smaller, but the airspace above them will remain the same, which indicates maybe jets are in?

There's no way jets won't be included in the console versions, mate. They are in the MP fact sheets I posted above, too.

The maps are indeed smaller, so how that impacts on the airspace I don't know. Will be epic, regardless.

You can apparently smash and destruct walls so you have sniper holes and the like. Almost every building structure has an impact variant so they all take damage and it's real time. Cool beans.

Last edited:
I wonder how these Squad Perks work?

Maybe you substitute say a higher boost to the individual player for a reduced but overall boost to your squad?

-

I like the idea of being a team player even more with these Squad Perks to tell the truth. Hell even those Recons who sit too far away to make an impact might help with "Squad Marksman Training" :))

Back
Top Bottom