Audiosurf (PC)

D

DagsJT

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks excellent but it all depends on the detection, which is very hard for developers to master.

Vib Ribbon was a PSone game where you could put your audio CDs in and you'd play a game based on the music. You had to jump over dips, climb blocks etc. and if you pressed the wrong button you'd stumble. Honest to God, I absolutely loved that game. But it only worked well for 50% of the songs.

I get quite hypnotised watching the videos, it's worse than Rez for sending me into dazes!

Absoloutely BRILLIANT :D

Just played "Jason Mraz - You And I Both", which is a song I love, and it was soooo cool, possibly better than Guitar Hero for the simple fact I'm playing all the songs I want to play :D Utter brilliance and it's getting bought ...

And me. Do a search for Audiosurf of Youtube ;)

I'm addicted to it. Trying new songs, the mesmerising effects, the thrill-rush when a slow song kicks in and goes crazy so your car speeds right up to match the song, the puzzle element ... wonderful :)

its weird, it looks like it doesnt even go in time with the song, just random things you have to get while the song is on in the background

It goes in time with sections of the song, like when certain notes are hit or the beat changes dramatically. It's not a rhythm game like Guitar Hero where you have to hit every beat.

You guys really should try the demo at least :)

The STEAM website, you need STEAM installed to play it. Bit rubbish but it uses an online scoreboard to send your scores off to and see how good you're doing.

I've tried about fifteen songs so far and I'm not #1 on any of them :( Highest I'm ranked on a song is #3

Ohhh no, didn't realise it was STEAM. I've had so much trouble with STEAM stuff, they can fuck off.

Was looking forward to it as well, oh well. I'll have to look at importing a PS3 for Rock Band. Only costs £410 more...

Aha! Just got #1 ranked on a song! "John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland", I got 54k points and second place has 34k :D

It's a special kind of anti-piracy download system, it's known for being a complete pain in the arse. It works great for some, it totally stuffs some systems up. I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw the disc it came on to be honest.

Apparantly it had problems in its early days but it works fine now. Working fine for me in any case.

Had a quick blast of AudioSurf on my dinner, quality :) I played the song "Still Alive" from the Portal game, had a ball :D

I'll have to get some new MP3's to try with the game.

There are other ways of getting the game so STEAM isn't installed, but then you can't submit scores online and get the patches etc I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam has chopped 75 per cent off the asking price for wacky PC music rollercoaster game Audiosurf.

That reduces the price from USD 10 to USD 2.50, which is about tuppence ha'penny or thereabouts in the Queen's money.

Audiosurf can be described as a cross between Rez, Amplitude, Tetris and Vib Ribbon. [If you're doing it badly, anyway. - Ed] The idea is to match three coloured blocks that appear in time to the music, while zipping along a Guitar Hero fret-style track.

That description is quite confusing, of course, which is why watching a short clip of Audiosurf should make everything clear.

We rather liked Audiosurf back at release in February, suggesting the low asking price should hold few back. Well, now the price is even lower.

Head over to our Audiosurf review for much more detail.

Cracking game, WELL worth the money!

It's $2.50, it's hardly breaking the bank if you don't like the game :LOL:

Watch the Youtube vids, you'll get a feel for it there too.

But yep, I'm pretty sure Steam has a demo as well :))

Back
Top Bottom