1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

"Arrgg I've lost a finger" -- "Yellow Card Son"

Discussion in 'Football' started by LemonJelly, 6 December 2004.

1. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    One of the craziest and un-sympathetic bookings ever!!

FOOTBALLER LOSES FINGER [​IMG]

A football player had his finger ripped off as he celebrated a goal.

Paulo Diogo, a midfielder with Switzerland's Servette, leapt onto a perimeter fence after setting up the goal in his side's 4-1 win over Schafthousen.

But his wedding ring got caught in the top of the fence.

He severed the top two joints of the finger as he jumped back down.

Doctors were unable to re-attach the finger joints and the player had the remaining part of his finger amputated.

He was also shown a yellow card for his excessive celebration.

Last edited: 6 December 2004
  2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Read this.... hahahahah!!!

3. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Forever to be known from now as "Fingers" Diogo. ;)

4. yazoo

yazoo Guest

any statements by the amputee?

5. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    lol, i also happened another player in the french league that happened the same! LOL

6. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

really, what a wally :roll: i had a chuckle myself though, pathetic, but it's simple humour like this that really makes me think: "really, im not the only stupid one on this planet"

-fb

7. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    "Fuck!!!!"

8. loz

loz Guest

Surely the player can sue the ref for not making sure he took the offending ring off?

9. Gunplay

Gunplay Guest

Who is dumb enough to play footy with their ring, earings, nose-ring, tongue-ring on ? Very idiotic.

10. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

many people who love their wives and are devoted will wear their rings. all they have to do is tape it up, its not stupid to play with rings, after all, how many times in one's career can a man have ligaments in his finger torn to bits from celebrating a goal because he jumped on a fence?

-fb

Last edited by a moderator: 9 December 2004
  11. Gunplay

Gunplay Guest

It depends, how many stadiums actually have fences ? Quite alot. I'm sure not wearing a wedding ring for 90 or more minutes, won't force your wife/husband to divorce you. I agree with the taping it up comment though.

12. Evo

Evo Gone And Forgotten

28 June 2003
    <------
    [​IMG]

"Give me 4........and a half"