1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by STR, 30 January 2005.

1. STR

STR .

15 April 2003
    This show is brilliant. It's the best American comedy since Seinfeld and on par with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Really good, absurd, embarassing fun. I highly reccomend you buy the Season 1 DVD (or torrent it, whatever).

Last edited: 30 January 2005
  2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Loved the first season, watched it since it began on news year day of 2003/04.

3. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Great band, I loved Mr Wendal

4. Black

Black Guest

Just noticed last night that the main boy on this show is the same guy that was in the ultrashit "teen wolf 2".

Man, I hate teen wolf 2 almost as much as teen witch!!

5. H4wk3y3

H4wk3y3 Guest

Yeah I bought it as soon as it came out on US dvd. Good show, better than curb but not as good as sein (and quite different to both). Can't wait for series 2. I just love the guy from Larry Sanders who plays Hank.
    Hey Now!

Actually the fonz is the best character from series one.

"they can't try a man and his wife for the same crime!"

6. EatonTJ

EatonTJ Why Today Doesn't Suck. Staff

11 April 2002
    Dallas, Texas.
    Liverpool FC
    This is a great show, more of you should watch it so I could start quoting it all the time.

"Oh, that’s... that’s-that’s great. The guy who’s dirty dancing with his niece is going to tell the guy in the thirty-six hundred dollar suit how to run the business. Come on." GOB to Michael

7. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
  8. STR

STR .

15 April 2003
    I might just redeem Fox for all their misdeeds for doing this. Simply excellent show.

9. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Recently seen all the eps. Definitely my third favourite show behind Family Guy and South Park

10. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Personally I rank this highest. Series 2 DVD confirmed for 11th October in the US of States, which is nice.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3781

Also, Season 3 premieres on 19th September on Fox so that's not too long to wait.

11. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    Its aired on Paramout but never got to watch it
    guess wills tart watching some epsiodes since most of you are sayin its great!

12. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Make sre you watch them in order or it wont make sense.

13. munkee

munkee Guest

You can Watch them out of order, The narrative Makes it Very Easy .

14. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Yeah i guess but its not as funny.

15. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Season 3 premiere airs tonight in the US of States. It can only be a matter of hours before we all have new bits to randomly quote at people.

16. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I've seen one or two episodes on BBC2, was pretty funny. :)

17. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Taste the happy, people. :)

18. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4431576.stm

Some people don't deserve good comedy. :(

19. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Damn Straight, tis sad to see this go, no doubt they need space for some american version of X Factor or other dubious hideous complete and utter tripe. I bet if they characters had been little animated yellow people (that is not a jibe at the Simpsons, rather a jibe at the yankee audience)Amercian's would of loved this show. Tis such a shame :(

20. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Yeah, im so sad, hopefully it gets sindicated. Last ep is 13, theyre gonna rap it up so it finishes there. Sigh.

21. munkee

munkee Guest

Good ep on Monday Again Taking the piss out of fox like the Contract shortage last year. Also a host of small cameo's with Ben Stiller again and Zach Braff The never nude ( Scrubs season 5 started tonight also ) .

Even though Season 3 has not been on par with the 2 previous seasons , Its Still probably one of the most refreshing comedies around .

22. EatonTJ

11 April 2002
    Dallas, Texas.
    Liverpool FC
    Really hope some other network picks this up, good rumors so far, but nothing concrete.

23. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Just ordered the first season from Play.com, bargain. :)

24. STR

STR .

15 April 2003
    Showtime are being touted. It would be a great coup for any. Fuck it, I just hope it's picked. Shit like this is always happening to great shows. Titus and Freaks & Geeks to name two. Entourage has been keeping me busy lately, however, and thankfully it's praised by critics AND (I assume) is doing well.

Off-topic, but does anyone else find Zack Braff chronically unfunny? Garden State was good and Scrubs has been excellent and he plays his character rather well, but in person he seems about as funny as Robin Williams.

25. EatonTJ

11 April 2002
    Dallas, Texas.
    Liverpool FC

Wow, I agree with everything in this post... with one exception. Towards the end, Titus got a little sucky.

And yes, Scrubs can be funny despite its main character not being funny. Weird.