Anyone still have the files for FIFA 14 and 13 PC Demo?

Sami 1999

Noob
28 June 2015
14 and 13 demo has been long delisted from EA stores. I have access to the full version but lost the account where I had 14 demo back in the day [I didn't bother adding the demo on my main account and by the time I thought about acquiring it, they delisted it].

Anyway, what am I exactly looking for? Mainly all the data.big, bh and the data, dlc folders and exe itself.

Why do I need it?
For FIFA 14, the graphical downgrade on the final build was not present on the demo. It would be nice to have access to the demo files just in case someone manages to figure out how to restore demo graphics. The normal map shader was severely botched in the final build along with the kit wrinkle normal maps. People successfully managed to take the kit wrinkle files from the demo and put it on the final build back in the day, but to this date the normal map shader intensity problem remains unsolved.

Digging further in the demo files might result in figuring out what caused that downgrade and potentially finding a solution as a result. Or maybe no one will manage to figure out how to fix it. But it's always nice to have access to the files since it was different from the final build.

As for FIFA 13, the demo build had the camera zoom in during goal celebrations like any normal football game should. For some reason EA forgot to put the camera zoom in for the final build.

Playing the demo on pc has become basically impossible though. Having access to the files wont be enough to boot the game since the game wont be registered to your EA account. And unlike final builds, no shady cdkey sites have keys for demo games either. So the purpose of having access to demo files is for only porting them to the final build.

And also last but not the least: Fuck EA for always releasing the final builds with missing features and downgrades compared to the demo builds.

I remembered I had previously added the FIFA 14 Demo to my old Origin account a long time ago. However, it was not showing up on EA App - seems like EA has permanently removed access to the old FIFA demos on EA App, so this Demo is likely to become impossible to obtain in the near future once Origin is shut down completely.

It is still accessible at the moment, as some smart dude on Github has figured out a hack to keep Origin working, so for preservation sake and while I still can, I've downloaded, zipped and uploaded the FIFA 14 Demo for you and others to enjoy.

It's not playable without being run through Origin, but the files are all there to look through, extract, mod, repurpose as required.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y8bpx898h0ta78y/FIFA+14+Demo.zip/file

Mate is there a chance you share the GitHub page with the hack please?
I've been trying to revert to origin in any way (the EA app keeps crashing when offline and I must keep it offline because the 1.0 version of FIFA 16 would refuse to boot otherwise) but I couldn't.
Thanks!

Mate is there a chance you share the GitHub page with the hack please?
I've been trying to revert to origin in any way (the EA app keeps crashing when offline and I must keep it offline because the 1.0 version of FIFA 16 would refuse to boot otherwise) but I couldn't.
Thanks!
No worries, it’s https://github.com/p0358/Fuck_off_EA_App (thank you to @Byronic for the post they made on a PC Gaming thread here mentioning that this GitHub existed).

Best way to do it is to reinstall Origin via this setup file:
https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Login, and you’ll get the nagging pop up for EA App. Close Origin completely, add Version.dll from the GitHub link to your Origin folder, and add a line of code into EACore.ini (which is already in your Origin folder), as per the attached screenshot. Should be good to go after that.

Attachments

• C110E9CB-38AE-49CE-9C5E-22D0C2273410.jpeg
    C110E9CB-38AE-49CE-9C5E-22D0C2273410.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 9
Thank you, definitely trying this.

EDIT: it didn't work, unfortunately. I managed to copy the .dll file where it should've been and to add the lines in the .ini but it kept giving errors while trying to access Origin, and I couldn't get past it.
Well, it was worth a try anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I remembered I had previously added the FIFA 14 Demo to my old Origin account a long time ago. However, it was not showing up on EA App - seems like EA has permanently removed access to the old FIFA demos on EA App, so this Demo is likely to become impossible to obtain in the near future once Origin is shut down completely.

It is still accessible at the moment, as some smart dude on Github has figured out a hack to keep Origin working, so for preservation sake and while I still can, I've downloaded, zipped and uploaded the FIFA 14 Demo for you and others to enjoy.

It's not playable without being run through Origin, but the files are all there to look through, extract, mod, repurpose as required.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y8bpx898h0ta78y/FIFA+14+Demo.zip/file

Thank you! You have done an amazing job.

I didn't know they removed access to demos that were already attached to accounts. This just sucks and shows that digital stores can never be trusted and DRMs just ruin regular customers day.

Also, today I can't seem to even connect to EA app, I keep getting this error:
1694081940458.png

This means I can't even install the games I already purchased. Solving this issue is just going to cause me more time and headache. What a pain in the ass.

Thank you! You have done an amazing job.

I didn't know they removed access to demos that were already attached to accounts. This just sucks and shows that digital stores can never be trusted and DRMs just ruin regular customers day.

Also, today I can't seem to even connect to EA app, I keep getting this error:
View attachment 233668

This means I can't even install the games I already purchased. Solving this issue is just going to cause me more time and headache. What a pain in the ass.

Try to clear the app cache. It is somewhere on the menu options (with the 3 -)

Tell me about :LOL: Couple years ago I tried to install and play my legitimately bought copy of FIFA 11 on Origin and it straight refused to install. There are known problems with older games that EA ahs never fixed to this day and your best bet is to just look up "no cd" patch to bypass Origin completely.

Do you have fifa 16 demo as well???? Man I am searching since weeks without luck...it would be so nice

i hope someone could share fifa 16 demo too.
FIFA 16 not cracked, same Denuvo protection is also used for demo, so even if you get demo files, you won’t be able to play (it’s the same situation for PES 2020 as well, some games just never end up getting cracked).

Only way to play is to buy someone’s account with the game or demo on there, or buy a legitimate Origin key (they are still available but getting pricy) from a key seller and register to your Origin account.

It’s a bit sad as it’s probably the best ‘simulation’ FIFA ever made and no one will be able to start playing it on PC once the last legitimate keys at the key sellers inevitably run out.

Back
Top Bottom