Anyone play their PS2's in progressive scan with components?

Looks better. I was playing WE10 in 480i last night and I could count the pixels on my screen. FIFA in 480p looks sharper and smoother.

jumbo said:
Looks better. I was playing WE10 in 480i last night and I could count the pixels on my screen. FIFA in 480p looks sharper and smoother.
dude you are on crack.... fifa looks like ps1 graphics compared to WE10...

i have played both fifa and we10 on a 42 inch widescreen LCD HD, with a upconverting denon audio receiver, both are displyaed in 480p and WE10's graphics absoltuley blow fifa 07 out of the water... its not even close...

I use YUV (component) to connect my PS2 to my 32" Samsung LCD

480p games look better than 480i, because it seems the Sammy has problems with de-interlacing (almost any LCD TV has this problem)
-> SD interlaced looks awful on (most) HD TVs

that's one of the reasons I'm still looking forward to PES6/X360 with its cut-down content

It'll be interesting to see how good a job the new HD upscaler for PS2 does.

jumbo said:
FIFA in 480p looks sharper and smoother.
Sharper AND smoother? How did you pull that off? :lol:

babs said:
It'll be interesting to see how good a job the new HD upscaler for PS2 does.
I'm guessing the difference will look kinda like how PSX games look on a high spec PC running an emulator. Which means the models will look much better but the textures will look stretched.

i've had burnout revenge and Black running at 480p via Component cables and the difference is very distinct, it made a huge difference to Burnout Revenge as i could see more more detail in the distance(in the game). but i find playing WE10 through my projector via Component at 480i is also better than playing via SCART.

Back
Top Bottom