1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Anyone play their PS2's in progressive scan with components?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BumperMan, 10 October 2006.

1. BumperMan

BumperMan Champions League

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    Is there noticable differences. wondering as I know fifa 07 for the PS2 is able to do 480p.

2. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Component is better than RGB and composite.
    But the 480p is not much better than 480i.

3. jumbo

jumbo Premiership

30 May 2003
    WE Heaven
    Looks better. I was playing WE10 in 480i last night and I could count the pixels on my screen. FIFA in 480p looks sharper and smoother.

4. BumperMan

BumperMan Champions League

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    Is this for fifa 07?

5. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    dude you are on crack.... fifa looks like ps1 graphics compared to WE10...

i have played both fifa and we10 on a 42 inch widescreen LCD HD, with a upconverting denon audio receiver, both are displyaed in 480p and WE10's graphics absoltuley blow fifa 07 out of the water... its not even close...

6. jumbo

jumbo Premiership

30 May 2003
    WE Heaven
    dude YOU must be on damn crack coz I wasn't talkin about graphics but image quality.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

7. jeblo05

jeblo05 League 1

27 May 2003
    Tuebingen
    1. FC Koeln
    I use YUV (component) to connect my PS2 to my 32" Samsung LCD

480p games look better than 480i, because it seems the Sammy has problems with de-interlacing (almost any LCD TV has this problem)
    -> SD interlaced looks awful on (most) HD TVs

that's one of the reasons I'm still looking forward to PES6/X360 with its cut-down content

8. babs

babs Guest

It'll be interesting to see how good a job the new HD upscaler for PS2 does.

9. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Sharper AND smoother? How did you pull that off? :lol:

I'm guessing the difference will look kinda like how PSX games look on a high spec PC running an emulator. Which means the models will look much better but the textures will look stretched.

10. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    then its your TV... not the game

11. mikemcenroe

mikemcenroe Conference

29 April 2002
    i've had burnout revenge and Black running at 480p via Component cables and the difference is very distinct, it made a huge difference to Burnout Revenge as i could see more more detail in the distance(in the game). but i find playing WE10 through my projector via Component at 480i is also better than playing via SCART.

12. the_thing

the_thing ps3!

4 August 2004
    Toronto
    Juve, MU
    does anyone kno where i can find a list of games that support progressive scan?