Anyone else feel sick after playing.

Mark1981470

Conference
4 May 2005
Whenever i stop playing i feel really sick. Been playing games for years now and ive never had this before. Think it might be the fps or something.

it does give you the whole sea sickness thing sometimes. except im not at sea...im in my bedroom playing my expensive pro evo game on my expensive ps3 console and im fucking pissed!!! :)

Weird, I thought I was the only one. I have never felt "Sea Sick" after playing games before but after the first time I played this for a decent amount of time I did. Hopefully the patch will sort it.

This is actually VERY common, it's called simulation sickness(kinetosis). It happens most of the time during first person games or anything that uses fast motion. Apparently they ran some test in a school where 100 people played Halo for an hour non stop and around half of them felt sick afterwards.

What happens is your eyes tell your brain you are moving whereas your inner-ear tells your brain you aren't moving. This causes a conflict within the brain and it thinks it has been poisoned so it induces sickness as a way to try and rid your system of the poison.

In your case your eyes are telling your brain where an item on the screen should be, however with the framerate issue the item isn't where your brain thinks it should be, and with all this happening at quite a fast pace it can confuse your brain and again, induce sickness to try and rid itself of any poison.

I find the best ways to stop it happening are playing in a very cool environment with a fan blowing at your face lightly, also try and sit as far away from the screen as possible and if you do start to feel a little hot and sweaty, stop playing immediately, lie down flat on your back and close your eyes. This stops the conflict with the eye and the inner-ear as your eyes are telling your brain you are asleep and your inner-ear detects no movement. The brain thinks the poison has been flushed and corrects itself.

Can you tell I researched this? It's how I cured my inability to play FPS's. I love them now whereas about a year ago I wouldn't be able to play one for more than 10 minutes.

Yip- I get it too. Also makes my face go read with frustration when playing online and losing goals ridiculous goals due to the lag. I can handle being outplayed but losing this way is unbearable!

well my guess is stop play the damn thing then instead of coming on here moeaning about it , my guess is half or u are still playin this game as i am writing this

lol your right davie i was playing it:D lol i was getting all serious with the online cheats who just run run run with ronaldo, kaka or messi. BORING! however....ahem.....i kicked ass last night as i countered there pathetic attempts to cheat with a lovely counter attacking formation and watched as my spurs team ripped man utd apart time and time again! THATS HOW I ROLL! THATS HOW I ROOOOOOOOOOLL!!!!!!!!........sorry.

I stop playing it and then want to play more just like any other previous pro evo, I have to laugh at all the moaning.

Back
Top Bottom