Anth's FIFA 22 PC/Current-Gen Sim Sliders

Anth James

International
22 September 2017
Hey guys, I thought I'd just put my FIFA 22 PC/Current-Gen sliders here so it's easily accessible for people wanting to use them. I’m really happy with how it’s playing so far.

Next-Gen FIFA 22 looks different gameplay wise, in regards to run tracking (especially midfielders), positioning and overall movement of teams. This means the slider set is unlikely to transfer to Next-Gen as well (although I haven't tried to say 100%). The PC version isn't as good in these regards, but it's still a definite improvement and a good base when compared to FIFA 20 and 21 (other games which had the dreaded 1v1).

My aim with the slider set is to make the game more of a sim - where you have to focus on your passing, looking for openings and you have to think more to create chances.

One of the biggest issues with modern FIFA is that it's just too heavily leaned towards attacking. So first up - the game needs to become more defence oriented. The biggest adjustment comes from correcting the base positions, distances and spacing across the field (so passing lanes are blocked and cover/recovery of positions is better). From my tests, getting this balance is tricky and very easy to throw out the rest of the gameplay. From there, things like passing error, speed, acceleration etc combine to add additional layers to this to really tighten things up. You can't simply play the ball between the lines with no risk - as there's more interceptions, more aggression from the CPU to close you down and the distances mean you have less space to operate in.

A couple of notes/explanations regarding some decisions:

- Speed/Acceleration - Although the advantage is with the CPU here, it doesn't actually make it impossible to get away from your marker with the right player. In my opinion it seems to balance out the issues on default of simply being able to turn your defender easily and get away (which is due to a number of reasons - including Frostbite's general lack of physicality). Another advantage of this set-up is when the CPU presses, it actually puts you under pressure now. On default it's too easy to see the press coming and just play your way out with perfect passing.

- Passing error/First touch error - Everything was just a little too sqeaky clean on default. The high error helps to make good passing matter and it introduces more contextual error. Combined with the compression, it's also more difficult to play through the lines as not all of your passes and control is perfect.

- Marking is quite high, but with the compact field it means that teams base position and shape is held well and it’s far more realistic and tight - hugely important.

- Defending - You still do have to manage your teammates awareness a little too much for my liking on 22 PC, but the distances means you can actually keep a tight team shape and your managing of those positions can actually be quite rewarding.

- Tactics still matter, so you should find that your different tactical adjustments still impact gameplay quite a lot.

- I'm finding possession and pass accuracy have improved a lot with the set. The CPU seems quite happy to hold the ball and look for openings - and there aren't nearly as many, so they don't play as direct. When you're under pressure, you really get pushed back and can feel it.

Semi passing/shooting
Manual lob/crossing
Slow speed (I play on Slow Speed and haven't noticed any issues with it - but in theory it should work with Normal Speed also)
Auto clearances, etc off.
Pass Block Assistance off.

v1
Sprint Speed:
4/6
Acceleration: 47/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error: 70/70
OPTIONAL: 52/52 brings some more variety in AI passing, but it can make things a little too quick in how they play. 70/70 is a slower paced buildup game.
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 50/50
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 15/93
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 22/22
OPTIONAL: This was originally 18/18 but I was just finding it made the gameplay too restrictive with the middle of the pitch not really a viable option for attacking. I'm torn between these two values - but I think 22/22 might be better overall.
Fullback: 45/45
First Touch Error: 95/95

Overall -22 PC isn't perfect, and I'm sure these sliders aren't either - but for me it's far more enjoyable than FIFA has been for a while and I'm liking the games I'm having so far. Hopefully once we have access to gameplay files we can take up the level of gameplay further (I definitely have some ideas of what I'd like to do). Any feedback is welcomed!

Fifa 22 Screenshot 2021.09.26 - 16.12.33.77.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I thought I'd just put my FIFA 22 PC/Current-Gen sliders here so it's easily accessible for people wanting to use them. I’m really happy with how it’s playing so far.

Next-Gen FIFA 22 looks different gameplay wise, in regards to run tracking (especially midfielders), positioning and overall movement of teams. This means the slider set is unlikely to transfer to Next-Gen as well (although I haven't tried to say 100%). The PC version isn't as good in these regards, but it's still a definite improvement and a good base when compared to FIFA 20 and 21 (other games which had the dreaded 1v1).

My aim with the slider set is to make the game more of a sim - where you have to focus on your passing, looking for openings and you have to think more to create chances.

One of the biggest issues with modern FIFA is that it's just too heavily leaned towards attacking. So first up - the game needs to become more defence oriented. The biggest adjustment comes from correcting the base positions, distances and spacing across the field (so passing lanes are blocked and cover/recovery of positions is better). From my tests, getting this balance is tricky and very easy to throw out the rest of the gameplay. From there, things like passing error, speed, acceleration etc combine to add additional layers to this to really tighten things up. You can't simply play the ball between the lines with no risk - as there's more interceptions, more aggression from the CPU to close you down and the distances mean you have less space to operate in.

- Speed/Acceleration - Although the advantage is with the CPU here, it doesn't actually make it impossible to get away from your marker with the right player. In my opinion it seems to balance out the issues on default of simply being able to turn your defender easily and get away (which is due to a number of reasons - including Frostbite's general lack of physicality). Another advantage of this set-up is when the CPU presses, it actually puts you under pressure now. On default it's too easy to see the press coming and just play your way out with perfect passing.

- Passing error/First touch error - Everything was just a little too sqeaky clean on default. The high error helps to make good passing matter and it introduces more contextual error. Combined with the congested field, it's also more difficult to play through the lines as not all of your passes and control is perfect.

- Marking is quite high, but with the congested field it means that teams base position and shape is held well and it’s far more realistic and tight - hugely important.

- Defending - You still do have to manage your teammates awareness a little too much for my liking on 22 PC, but the congested field means you can actually keep a tight team shape and your managing of those positions can actually be quite rewarding.

- I wanted a much tighter overall pitch but where tactics still matter, so you should find that your different tactical adjustments still impact gameplay quite a lot.

- I'm finding possession and pass accuracy have improved a lot with the set. The CPU seems quite happy to hold the ball and look for openings - and there aren't nearly as many, so they don't play as direct. When you're under pressure, you really get pushed back and can feel it.

Semi passing/shooting
Manual lob/crossing
Slow speed (I play on Slow Speed and haven't noticed any issues with it - but in theory it should work with Normal Speed also)

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Line Width: 18/18

Overall -22 PC isn't perfect, and I'm sure these sliders aren't either - but for me it's far more enjoyable than FIFA has been for a while and I'm liking the games I'm having so far. Hopefully once we have access to gameplay files we can take up the level of gameplay further (I definitely have some ideas of what I'd like to do). Any feedback is welcomed!

View attachment 124362
How can I get my camera like yours ?

- Passing error/First touch error - Everything was just a little too sqeaky clean on default. The high error helps to make good passing matter and it introduces more contextual error. Combined with the compression, it's also more difficult to play through the lines as not all of your passes and control is perfect.

- Marking is quite high, but with the compact field it means that teams base position and shape is held well and it’s far more realistic and tight - hugely important.

- Defending - You still do have to manage your teammates awareness a little too much for my liking on 22 PC, but the distances means you can actually keep a tight team shape and your managing of those positions can actually be quite rewarding.

- Tactics still matter, so you should find that your different tactical adjustments still impact gameplay quite a lot.

Semi passing/shooting
Manual lob/crossing

View attachment 124362
going to try your sliders - thanks for your time and effort working on these

How are you guys finding chance creation for user on this set? I’m wondering if they’re maybe just a little too tight. A number of things could make things just a touch more free. Possibly slightly altering user acceleration or maybe even overall width a little more. Even first touch or passing error could help. I think it might just need to be a subtle adjustment...

I find it very hard (a bit too much) to have chances to shoot from outside the box. Other than that I honestly like it as it is. I played two matches with your new set yesterday and they felt very realistic in terms of chances for both teams. Games are more tight while the score is 0-0 against lower level teams and they open up once I score.

With derby matches, I enjoy the balance as well: played a Benfica vs Sporting and the match was very tense, with some fouls and not too many chances. I think it's realistic to see more contained action in important matches, while the score is 0-0, specially against top teams of the same level as yours. During this derby, the cpu was planning the attacks with patience, even slowing down the build up in the midfield to the point of being noticeable that the ball carrier at times stopped running for a while to look for a passing opportunity. Love to see the AI doing this.

I might buy the NG version on Stadia this weekend to see what the improvements are but I am quite surprised with the pc version as well. It's gonna be pc for mods and NG for the improvements this year for me. Never thought I would end up buying two versions of FIFA in the same year hahaha

I find it very hard (a bit too much) to have chances to shoot from outside the box. Other than that I honestly like it as it is. I played two matches with your new set yesterday and they felt very realistic in terms of chances for both teams. Games are more tight while the score is 0-0 against lower level teams and they open up once I score.

With derby matches, I enjoy the balance as well: played a Benfica vs Sporting and the match was very tense, with some fouls and not too many chances. I think it's realistic to see more contained action in important matches, while the score is 0-0, specially against top teams of the same level as yours. During this derby, the cpu was planning the attacks with patience, even slowing down the build up in the midfield to the point of being noticeable that the ball carrier at times stopped running for a while to look for a passing opportunity. Love to see the AI doing this.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. That’s really good to hear actually. I’ve been playing mainly against big teams lately so that’s probably why I’ve been really struggling to score! I did do a test against Burnley and put their tactics to drop off and quite deep and they really did, so tactics definitely matter still. I’d suggest maybe try dropping marking down just a little and see if that works for shots outside the box, hopefully without changing much else. I agree it’s difficult to get those shots away too, most are blocked. I wonder if even like 75 marking might be worth a go.

Reactions: cb7
I might buy the NG version on Stadia this weekend to see what the improvements are but I am quite surprised with the pc version as well. It's gonna be pc for mods and NG for the improvements this year for me. Never thought I would end up buying two versions of FIFA in the same year hahaha
Exactly what I’ll do haha. Except I’ll have to get a ps5 due to no stadia in Australia. Now to find one!

• Love

Semi passing/shooting
Manual lob/crossing

View attachment 124362
You must be a great player if your putting thr cpu players acceleration quicker than yours lol the ai striker outpace my defenders every single time

You must be a great player if your putting thr cpu players acceleration quicker than yours lol the ai striker outpace my defenders every single time
I’m really not haha. It’s there to balance certain things out and prevent easy bursting.

If anyone's wanting to test, could you try -

Speed: 8/10 speed and 48/51
Acceleration: 48/51
Run Frequency: 30/30

It's the same discrepancy, just higher values. I'm feeling like a touch more fluidity needs to be brought back in possibly. I'm wondering if we can bump up the runs to create some more movement also. Current gen just doesn't have enough overall team movement, so I think with the congested shape, a higher run frequency could be possible to try to make things more 'alive'. The test will be to see if it pulls team shape a part too much and things become too end to end (the high marking value might not help here, but we'll see)...

Once we can access gameplay files I really want to try and work on slowing down turning speed and add some more inertia to players movement. Hopefully it will help with animations too. I have a decent idea of where to look so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I played a few more games with the above potential changes and I really enjoyed the matches. Close games, a little more fluid. The game can naturally open up a little more at times but I think it's a good thing, it doesn't feel cheap. The last game I played, the CPU ended up with 75% pass completion on World Class. It was Villareal and that's the lowest I've seen so far. I've noticed with Acceleration at 51 for the CPU they're a little more aggressive at driving into empty space. On 50 I felt they'd stop their runs, where now they'll punish you. I need to keep testing though, so for now I'll keep the original values.

I tried using a Cheat Engine Speed Hack value of 0.98 just to slow animations down a touch and I thought it had a good impact on overall game speed. It also adds a little bit more weight to players which is welcomed. Could be worth a go if you're interested.

Last edited:
Great to see you back @Anth James !! I subscribe to this thread definitely.

I'll have my first FIFA 22 PC game this afternoon. Looking forward to testing your sliders!

Big modding season this year in FIFA 22 PC and this awesome Evo-web community.

EA admitted it for oldgen animations system...and we should make the animations longer. We might lose a little bit of responsiveness....but we will win a realistic animations.

https://www.polygon.com/22675796/fifa-22-hypermotion-motion-capture-new-realism

HyperMotion, as it is called — because, yes, marketers gonna market these animations, too — allows Rivera and his development colleagues a have-it-both-ways proposition when it comes to player movement and interaction, he said. “In the past, we used to prioritize short animations, so the game is responsive,” he explained. “If you are in a long animation, the game looks good, right? But if the situation changes [in the middle of the animation], there’s a defender coming, you’re stuck, you’re probably going to get tackled, and that doesn’t feel good.

“With access to HyperMotion, we’re able to put in there longer animations, longer ball control animations,” Rivera said, “but the technology allows us to transition in the middle of the animation to a different type of animation, if the situation changes.”

PD: I've already tested Stadia version but I was dissapointed with it. Too blurry. It seems to be a resolution issue that happens in Xbox Series S as well. So I payed it back after 2h...

Last edited:
Great to see you back @Anth James !! I subscribe to this thread definitely.

I'll have my first FIFA 22 PC game this afternoon. Looking forward to testing your sliders!

Big modding season this year in FIFA 22 PC and this awesome Evo-web community.

EA admitted it for oldgen animations system...and we should make the animations longer. We might lose a little bit of responsiveness....but we will win a realistic animations.

https://www.polygon.com/22675796/fifa-22-hypermotion-motion-capture-new-realism

PD: I've already tested Stadia version but I was dissapointed with it. Too blurry. It seems to be a resolution issue that happens in Xbox Series S as well. So I payed it back after 2h...
Hey man, I hope you’re well! Let me know how you find the gameplay with the sliders. It won’t compare to next gen that’s for sure, but hopefully you’ll enjoy!

If anyone's wanting to test, could you try -

Speed: 8/10 speed and 48/51
Acceleration: 48/51
Run Frequency: 30/30

It's the same discrepancy, just higher values. I'm feeling like a touch more fluidity needs to be brought back in possibly. I'm wondering if we can bump up the runs to create some more movement also. Current gen just doesn't have enough overall team movement, so I think with the congested shape, a higher run frequency could be possible to try to make things more 'alive'. The test will be to see if it pulls team shape a part too much and things become too end to end (the high marking value might not help here, but we'll see)...

Once we can access gameplay files I really want to try and work on slowing down turning speed and add some more inertia to players movement. Hopefully it will help with animations too. I have a decent idea of where to look so we'll see how it goes.

Edit: After a little bit of playing time, it doesn't seem to have broken anything.

I haven't had the time to test these values today since I spent all my free time with the NG game :) But I plan to keep an eye on this version still and maybe grab a copy if I find a good deal somewhere. Can't wait to see how far we can go with mods and gameplay editing!

Yeah, 1080p is not that great there for some reason. I wonder if they are going to work on that in the future or if there is any trick to put some sharpness on it. I read that forcing VP9 codec in the browser itself makes it look better. Need to try that.

I haven't had the time to test these values today since I spent all my free time with the NG game :) But I plan to keep an eye on this version still and maybe grab a copy if I find a good deal somewhere. Can't wait to see how far we can go with mods and gameplay editing!
Enjoy NG my friend! I'm not quite sure about those changes anyway at the moment...

Hey Anth, thank you for sharing your sliders.

They differ a lot to others I've seen around in the net. I mean, really, a lot. I think you are spot on to provide the most possible realistic sim.
After arround 15 matches and having tried out other sliders, I'd like to share my thoughts with you. Maybe you can also help me with some questions.

Sprint Speed: 4/6 - Still feels a bit to fast to me. I'm thinking on going even further down to 2/3.
Acceleration: 47/50 - I guess I'll have to lower this to be consistent with the latter. Will try 46/49.
Shot Error: 70/70 - I think you are spot on.
Pass Error: 70/70 - Here too. Both pass and shoot error provide quite some randomness we are looking for. Probably, I'll actually try out 75/75 on both.
Shot Speed: 49/49 - I think this will have to be lowered down to be consistent. Even with your setting, I sometimes feel shots to be too fast.
Pass Speed: 38/38 - Spot on in my opinion.
Injury Frequency: 50/50 - I'm already using 80/80 and still feels insufficient.
Injury Severity: 50/50 - The few injuries I get take usually 5 days with 40/40.
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45 - I get some huge Goalkeeper erros (Too many goals just by shooting straight to the keeper). Using 50/50 now and still feel I should go up. Maybe going down with Shot Speed may help.
Marking: 77/77 - Yeah, 75/75 might be better as you say. I believe it could depend also on the rival team.
Run Frequency: 20/20 - I'm also fine with 30/30 as you suggested.
Line Height: 15/93 - I read in the FIFA 22 OS Forum that this dos nothing, at least yet. Do you know if this is so? It may make sense because otherwise, your current values would be unfair? I mean, why not use same Line Height for User and CPU and let Team Management decide?
Line Length: 0/0 - This is so clever. Of course! It's a pitty we can't go even a bit further down. I guess it's possible to manage these values through team management in the game?
Line Width: 18/18 - Here again. Spot on! So important. How can others possibly recommend values over 20/20? I've seen 45/45 50/50...
Fullback: 45/45 - I believe these values are correct. They should probably not be higher due to Line Lenght values being low?
First Touch Error: 95/95 - I like to see we are alligned :)

After having get used to your sliders, I've tried the FIFA 22 OS Community sliders from Matt10 and I felt like playing standard sliders. Looks now ridicolously arcade to me. But some how it was obvius this was going to happen when comparing settings.

Many thanks again, Anth. I've discovered a totally new game with your sliders. It's so fun now.
Have been playing FIFA all these years without knowing about the sliders. LOL. So sad.

Cheers

PS: Of course I play on Slow

Last edited:
thanks for starting this excellent thread. You seem to be suggesting that playing on Slow doesn't 'break' CPU defending (like it did in 21, etc.), by causing it to jockey in what looked like slow motion.

would you say game speed had any impact on difficulty?

thanks for starting this excellent thread. You seem to be suggesting that playing on Slow doesn't 'break' CPU defending (like it did in 21, etc.), by causing it to jockey in what looked like slow motion.

would you say game speed had any impact on difficulty?
Hey man. I haven't really noticed much impact on difficulty so far in relation to game speed.

As much as I like 18/18 width, I'm finding the middle of the pitch isn't really a viable option to build attacks anymore. I've been testing with different values slightly higher and I'm enjoying 22/22 at the moment. It's creating much more variety and I'm also finding that it's drawing more fouls into the middle of the pitch (as there's a little extra room to play in there compared to before). The CPU got a red card before, which is the first I've seen. The update seems to have slightly helped with some more tracking, so I'm hoping opening things up a little doesn't have a negative impact. If anyone wants to try, let me know what you think. I'll keep testing in the meantime...

Last edited:
Nice man. Let me know what you think.
I'm really liking your sliders. In previous versions I've never really been able to stick with a set before going back to the defaults.

the only thing i would say is that my attacking players don't want to get forward at times, I wondered if it was because of the run frequency set to 20 but I haven't really messed with the tactics so it could just be that

Other than that, really good work - I will stick with these

Glad to see you kept the 4/6 sprint value there :) The 10/15 one used by Matt unbalances the game too much in favour of the CPU in my opinion.

About the passing at 52: Although it brings variety, I'm just worried it could make the cpu do the usual rushed perfect passing around and inside the box too much. Is this not happening in practice?

Last edited:
Glad to see you kept the 4/6 sprint value there :) The 10/15 one used by Matt unbalances the game too much in favour of the CPU in my opinion.

About the passing at 52: Although it brings variety, I'm just worried it could make the cpu do the usual rushed perfect passing around and inside the box too much. It this not happening in practice?
That’s a good point actually on the 52/52. Might need more testing on this, as you’re right, they are a little more ‘hyper’ in attack. I’d imagine the best value might be somewhere in between...

I am still cranking up the pass error to 65 sometimes 70 to try and tone it down. But yeah, it might cut the variety a bit.

When are you getting your PS5 delivered? Can't wait to read your NG opinion :)

I am still cranking up the pass error to 65 sometimes 70 to try and tone it down. But yeah, it might cut the variety a bit.

When are you getting your PS5 delivered? Can't wait to read your NG opinion :)
I’m hanging out waiting for it to arrive! Hoping it’s this week. I got the 22 disc yesterday.

I played a few more games with the above potential changes and I really enjoyed the matches. Close games, a little more fluid. The game can naturally open up a little more at times but I think it's a good thing, it doesn't feel cheap. The last game I played, the CPU ended up with 75% pass completion on World Class. It was Villareal and that's the lowest I've seen so far. I've noticed with Acceleration at 51 for the CPU they're a little more aggressive at driving into empty space. On 50 I felt they'd stop their runs, where now they'll punish you. I need to keep testing though, so for now I'll keep the original values.

I tried using a Cheat Engine Speed Hack value of 0.98 just to slow animations down a touch and I thought it had a good impact on overall game speed. It also adds a little bit more weight to players which is welcomed. Could be worth a go if you're interested.
is there a link to a video on how to do this? I'm interested in trying this 'speed hack' As much as I'm enjoying the PC version it's gutting to watch videos of the NG version with its better animations with HM

Back
Top Bottom