Amazing new PES 2011 - full gameplay preview code HD

I should point out that i'm talking about the xbox 360 version here but i think baring some response issues it's pretty similar to old-gen versions.
Are you talking about offline or online multiplayer?
Offline multiplayer, PS2 and, to a lesser extent, PC (so both old-gen).

To be honest i played better than him too. As you'd expect his goals came from counters/cutbacks.
This also happens in the PS2 version. You HAVE to play way better than your opponent if you want to keep it tight when you're using an underdog. Despite this, when I lose with Valenciennes to the likes of Chelsea I'm still angry because, no matter what, I managed to lose.

In addition to this flaw you can't score with a shot that goes along the floor because the goalkeeper always uses his body to block the ball.
Not very similar to the PS2 version. Keepers use to block (sometimes leaving me wondering how) a lot more mid-heigth shots compared to low ones..

cutbacks are often a problem especially against people that muscle past you and then pass into the box like Adriano.
Same here. Adriano is unstoppable and cutbacks sometimes ruin it.. But still not as much as the 360 version I guess (many of them are misplaced)..

Still, I'm still playing it on PC (I really don't like much the next-gen iterations).. Now I'm waiting for the PES2011 demo though, from the clips it looks promising ;)

Actually upon reflection keepers do kind of just block mid height shots with their body.

Cutbacks are the bane of this game for me. You can't defend them because your players don't automatically try to defend if the ball goes right next to them and as i said before on the 360 version there's response issues which mean that you can't react with a player straight away after switching.

I should mention though that online you have to play with regular AI and it's a hell of a lot worse than playing offline multiplayer with top player AI. I think reaction issues stem from this.

These are my last 4 games just to show i wasn't exaggerating about taking more shots than my opponent but having more getting saved. Most of my shots are pretty much 1 v 1s.

Back
Top Bottom