Am I cheating myself ?

badbob

Non-League
17 March 2007
I've been playing PES for a little while now and i never bothered to change the player level from regular difficulty. I have played some online games and had not too many victories, what level do you guys play at (offline). I only ask because i would like to be at a similar level to my opponents when playing online as losing 5-0 is'nt very uplifting for the spirit. I know this may sound like a silly question but out of curiosity i would be interested to find out

You should never bother playing on any level other than the hardest difficulty. You will improve quicker, and also you won't pick up as many bad habits from playing in poor standard games against bad computer sides. From what I hear, it is far too easy to score on the lower levels(although this can be said of top player too but that's another issue).

Why would you be cheating yourself???
After all it is only a game..if you enjoy it more on regular than on professional, then play it on regular...
I enjoy it as long as i got the feeling i can get better and i can get much, much better...
People who havge done it all, seen it all and won it all...well they could always play it with the television off...that would be a challenge...
To be fair, i've never played online, i'm pants...

I was going to say something similar...

Every PES I ever played, in-fact every game I ever played, I put on the top difficulty setting because I've had it drilled into me for years that "there is no point" in playing a game on "easy".

Lately, with so many good games coming out on the Xbox 360, I put some games on easy so that I could complete them all before the next good game was released, and I've had so much more fun than having to start again over and over and over and over just because the CPU cheats and scores in the last minute / my character dives into the water without me even pointing that way / my character dies from a slash that barely touched me and I have to do half an hour's work all over again.

I'm finding games a lot more fun now than I used to.

I was going to say something similar...

Every PES I ever played, in-fact every game I ever played, I put on the top difficulty setting because I've had it drilled into me for years that "there is no point" in playing a game on "easy".

Lately, with so many good games coming out on the Xbox 360, I put some games on easy so that I could complete them all before the next good game was released, and I've had so much more fun than having to start again over and over and over and over just because the CPU cheats and scores in the last minute / my character dives into the water without me even pointing that way / my character dies from a slash that barely touched me and I have to do half an hour's work all over again.

I'm finding games a lot more fun now than I used to.

Totally totally agree - play pes on either 3 or 4 stars now (been playing since pes1) and so much more fun (play to make great passing moves not to win anyway) - less cpu cheating equals more fun.

It's not possible to compare ON-LINE Match with OFF-LINE, it's too different...I always used to play at regular level(off-line) and on-line I win the 70% of matches...When you play against an Human player the game is unforeseeable (so more funny)...The best way to improve your network playing is to face the greater number of human players (also at home with some friends...) learning more playing styles...When you play off-line (at the hardest level too ) the CPU moves are always the same, so you can learn to win only against that kind of intelligence but not against human intelligence, do you understand what I mean ???
The only thing you have to do OFF-LINE is to learn all the moves (feints, one-two pass etc...) in order to have an huge technique baggage ;)

i think online has akso to do with luck, because sometimes the rectiontime of shoots and tacklings dont work correct, i play various levels offline, and also i think myself a good pes player, but online sometimes i loos with high score like 3-0! in 2 player offline mathes with very good players i win or draw matches! Also offline i use Panathinaikos and again big teams like barca or Inter, using counter attaking tactic and i win, online i didnt work, someone choose barca so:
you have to choose barca or bayern to stop this crazy team sometims valencia and milan works also! But seeing the speed of barca players it makes me angry!

thats why online gets boring for me!

Back
Top Bottom