AirPort by Apple

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
I want to play my music from iTunes through to my hifi without having to plug any leads/cables in.

Can someone explain exactly what I need to buy?

My setup at home is:

Laptop ---- Wireless Connection ---- Router ---- Modem

Thanks in advance :)

Re: AirTunes (Playing music wirelessly)

I imagine it's the same as an FM transmitter you can buy for your car (I just bought the Kensington one from Amazon for £15). It basically connects to the headphone socket of your MP3 player and sends a signal out on the FM frequency set on the transmitter. You then tune your car stereo to that frequency and out comes your MP3's :)

I imagine this AirTunes is the same thing, only more expensive just because it's made by Apple :)

Cheers Dags :)

I have been researching this and it has great reviews. Also, it is very simple to set up (as most Apple products are). Think I'll buy this with my Xmas money as I am constantly listening to iTunes. :)

Does AirTunes work with Vista? Has anybody here got it?

I'm really confused about this, I've never heard of it but it looks like it could be something I'd like for Christmas.

Where do you put the Airport Express plug though? Do you put it at the source (e.g. my TV) or do you put it at the destination (e.g. the stereo)?

I'm really confused about this, I've never heard of it but it looks like it could be something I'd like for Christmas.

Where do you put the Airport Express plug though? Do you put it at the source (e.g. my TV) or do you put it at the destination (e.g. the stereo)?

You plug it into the wall and an audio lead (junior jack to a/v) connects to the hifi/amp/speakers from the Apple device (the airport). Your wireless pc talks to it. Apple products are always amazing and always work simply.

I just bought it BRAND NEW on Ebay £40!

cc3c_2.JPG

I was thinking if something like this would work through bluetooth on my phone

Received this today - took roughly 10 minutes to set up (Apple product so it set itself up for you, you just keep clicking "Yes", "Yes", "OK" etc.) Doddle. I have to say, it is the most impressive piece of kit I have ever bought - it is tiny for a start and simply plugs into the wall. I am now listening to music sitting at my laptop in my living room with NO WIRES. The quality of the music doesn't change either.

Best £45 I have EVER spent. :)

Guys if you don't own this by now YOU NEED IT. It is amazing - I am streaming music from wherever I am at home! NO CABLES.

Get it if you don't already own one. :)

Back
Top Bottom