African Nations Cup 2021 [PES 6/Firebird]

BlackMaster

League 2
10 November 2012
Hi guys, for the first time I want to carry out a tournament simulation, in this case the African Cup '22. I use the Firebird patch (of which I am editor) on PES 6. The competition will take place in a single stadium in Cameroon, furnished with HD adboards by Alex Jovis.

Immagine 2022-01-15 192913.png

Very nice! I like the idea of simulated matches and will be keeping an eye out on the results!

Looks like Morocco dominated the first match but Ghana was able to take advantage of their opportunities.

Plus the ANC has always been interesting to me, let the best team win! :TU:

I'll be rooting for Morocco! :RSCARF:

2nd match played. It's a tough competition. Two quick annotations:
- After few minutes I uploaded the result, highlights are available in spoiler. Click to watch them (you will be redirected to facebook)
- Special mention for El Shenawy, who saved 2 great occasion apart from penalty kick. This time MOTM is divided 50%-50% between them.

Group Stage 1.Matchday

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 16_01_2022 19_52_09.pngNigeria Egypt.jpg

Highlights

Attachments

• Immagine 2022-01-16 195400.png
    Immagine 2022-01-16 195400.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Group Stage 1.Matchday
A couple of notes:
- you can find now the highlights visible outside the spoiler, click on them to watch;
- the man of the match is Adama Traoré, the Ferencváros winger with the shirt # 14. I specify this because in the Mali attack there's another Adama Traoré.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 17_01_2022 21_29_46.pngTunisia Mali.jpg

Highlights

Attachments

• Pro Evolution Soccer 6 17_01_2022 21_30_11.png
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6 17_01_2022 21_30_11.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Very nicely done with the highlights as well! Do you think you could post the group stage positions and fixtures too? :TU:
Yes, of course. Once the group stage is over, and I have only one match left to simulate, I will publish the fixtures of the 3 qualifying rounds to the final stage plus the top scorers.

Great idea! How did you add the teams in this tournament that aren’t in the patch? Also, how did you add the afcon ball (if you did)?

Thanks!

Great idea! How did you add the teams in this tournament that aren’t in the patch? Also, how did you add the afcon ball (if you did)?

Thanks!

That's a good question. In fact, I haven't added any other African teams to the Firebird patch, except replacing South Africa with Mali. This is because despite many interesting teams, on my part there was lackness of time, faces, kits, etc.

For this reason, as you can see, the matches that I can simulate in the group stages are "few".
On the other hand, I am very happy that in the knockout stage, I will finally be able to play great nations like Cameroon and Senegal.

EDIT: About the official CAF 2022 ball, I found it in International PES 6 Sharing page on facebook.

Last edited:
Fixtures and standings - PARTIAL
A couple of notes as usual:
- Here you will find the complete results for Round 1 and Round 2, while for Round 3 only 50% of the matches have been played so far.
The matches with blue bells are the ones I simulated, and therefore have different results from reality;
- In addition, I have attached the final ranking of the first 3 groups. Since I will start the next stage directly from the quarter-finals, not all groups will have two qualifiers, as you can see from the assigned "green lights". I am happy to finally embrace Cameroon and Senegal, while unfortunately the path of Ghana stops despite the draw with Morocco;

Immagine 2022-01-18 144149.png

Immagine 2022-01-19 102335.png

Immagine 2022-01-19 105040.png

Last edited:
That's a good question. In fact, I haven't added any other African teams to the Firebird patch, except replacing South Africa with Mali. This is because despite many interesting teams, on my part there was lackness of time, faces, kits, etc.

For this reason, as you can see, the matches that I can simulate in the group stages are "few".
On the other hand, I am very happy that in the knockout stage, I will finally be able to play great nations like Cameroon and Senegal.

EDIT: About the official CAF 2022 ball, I found it in International PES 6 Sharing page on facebook.

Thanks for the info! How did you add Mali 👀

I simply replaced South Africa slot, changing name players etc. I'm an editor at the end of the day
What are the chances we get Mali (and some of the other Afcon teams) in the next Firebird update (if there is one)? It’s just an amazing patch all around

What are the chances we get Mali (and some of the other Afcon teams) in the next Firebird update (if there is one)? It’s just an amazing patch all around
I think Mali will replace South Africa and stop, no others AFCON teams are going to be added because there aren't slots for that.

Group Stage 3.Matchday
A couple of notes:
- This was the last simulated match of group stages. A match fought to the end despite a clear dominion of Ivory Coast, who reach the lead only in last fifteen minutes with a Penalty Kick;
- Extraordinary performance of Algeria's GK, M'Bohli, who avoided a huge loss for Algeria. Unfortunately, Algeria closes the group in last place as in reality, while the Ivory Coast advance to the next round;

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 20_01_2022 19_46_41.pngIvory Coast Algeria.jpg

Highlights

Last edited:
FIXTURES - QUARTER FINALS

playoof.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 21_01_2022 10_35_12.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_36_15.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_42_20.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_40_36.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_37_28.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_41_24.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_38_27.pngScreenshot 21_01_2022 10_39_42.png

Before showing the result of the first semifinal, a few notes:
- captain Salah was missing due to the suspense received in the previous round;
- It was not an easy game: a lot of tactics and Mali is an important team with great physical qualities;
- the opposite happened than in reality: El Shenawy had to make up for the red card of Gabaski, whom I had chosen as the owner because of his (apparent) better form. This forced Egypt into a game of great defensive strongness;

Gabaski Red Card

El Shenawy subs an injured El Solia

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 10_02_2022 21_10_17.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 10_02_2022 21_10_51.png

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 10_02_2022 21_10_39.png

Highlights

Back
Top Bottom