Advice needed - cost-effective CPU/GPU for PES2014 and beyond.

jaboy

League 1
11 March 2007
Netherlands
I'm looking to build a desktop PC this year. Although I've fiddled before, I am really a dunce when it comes to choosing components.

My intention is to get a barebones system and insert a decent CPU/GPU combo for gaming - specifically PES2014. Not so interested in overclocking and intense graphics optimization. Rather, a system that will provide a good performance/resource/price ratio. PES is the only game I play and represents the most resource-intensive program I would ever use.

For reasons best known to myself :) I would prefer to get an AMD processor this time.

What are other people using? Would anyone recommend a particular CPU/GPU combo to get/avoid? Not high-end, but enough for rain :P

Any advice, tips or pointers greatly appreciated!

I'm looking to build a desktop PC this year. Although I've fiddled before, I am really a dunce when it comes to choosing components.

My intention is to get a barebones system and insert a decent CPU/GPU combo for gaming - specifically PES2014. Not so interested in overclocking and intense graphics optimization. Rather, a system that will provide a good performance/resource/price ratio. PES is the only game I play and represents the most resource-intensive program I would ever use.

For reasons best known to myself :) I would prefer to get an AMD processor this time.

What are other people using? Would anyone recommend a particular CPU/GPU combo to get/avoid? Not high-end, but enough for rain :P

Any advice, tips or pointers greatly appreciated!

If i am in your situation. Just build system around NG consoles.. and you will likely be set for next gen PES games.

GPU ~ Both NG consoles use AMD's as powerful as HD 7790 (Xbone) and 7870(PS4), so HD 7870 or better is good choice..

CPU ~ I heard that NG consoles use 8-core amd powered cpu, but it is not coming from high end one/flagship.. Their 6 core-AMD FX-6300/50 is one of best performance/ratio price for an AMD's cpu..

CPU_001.png

Either 69 or 79 fps will feel the same eventually in 60 fps cap of most monitor ;)

@Thespeedster84
Great info - thanks - I will explore.

@spektarm
I didn't see that other thread :COAT:

I've moved the discussion over there..

Back
Top Bottom