Advanced Tournaments

lothario

Dane
1 July 2010
Denmark
When a new Fifa is released, a friend and me always enjoy making a Dane Tournament, where all the teams in the tournament have danish football players. We usually play a 32 team group & knockout tournament, and switch between home and away teams. However, this means that we need to filter out a lot of teams, which also have danes in them. Fifa's tournament system is atm very simple, and does not allow for an odd number of teams.

So for Fifa 12, I decided to go all in, and create a tool, that would allow me to use all teams in Fifa with danish players, and arrange an advanced tournament, like the Champions League, using seeded teams. The tool is dynamic, and adapts to the amount of teams, always resulting in 32 teams in the end.

So here are some examples of the tool in use (bear in mind, the headers are in danish):

Team List
This is the list of teams added to the tournament. The teams in red are eliminated from the tournament. The teams are sorted by team rating, country-rank (based on UEFA's country coeffecient) and league rank (based on the teams placement last season).

Nq5S9.jpg

Round 1
The first round is between the weakest teams. The green teams are through to the next round, the red are eliminated.

sWz38.jpg

Round 2
The second round is the last knockout round in qualification. In the first and second round you need to draw each team, so they are randomly distributed. The tool takes country into account, so two teams from the same country most likely won't meet.

You use the yellow links to select the winner of the match.

vVS8P.jpg

Group Qualification
Pre-seeded teams and the winners from round 2 are divided into seed-pools. You then draw the teams from each seed-pool, which are randomly distributed into groups (again avoiding same countries in same group)

Zzm3B.jpg

Group Stage
Same as group qualification. You draw each team into the groups, and when the teams are in place, you have your 32 team tournament ready :)

IiKC9.jpg

SO, this is a tool I just created for my own pleasure, and shoefitted it to my needs. But I was wondering, if anyone else would be interested in this, so you can create your own advanced tournaments?

I'm just asking, because I would need to polish it a bit more, and make it more user friendly, and if there is no interest, there's no reason for me to do it.

Let me know, if you'd want it :)

Back
Top Bottom