A stats tweaking sub forum

Anis

League 1
12 December 2007
Algeria
Chelsea
I suggest to transfer all the threads of stat makers to a sub forum in the editing section. Including the old ones (PLF's and Delperio's threads).

This would ease things for both users and stat makers and improve the accessibility. We have a lot of active threads and the editing section is crowded. I think it's better if the main section was left for graphical editing. :))

Anything with tweaking in it gets my vote. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Well I never go in the Editing Forum since I retired. But, how many stats tweaking threads are there?!

I'm also just tempted to say yes as I know how much CW hates stat tweaking :LOL:.

Stat tweaking, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Mart you are thinking of nipple tweaking, that is a good thing whereas stat tweaking is not

3 of the first 5 threads there havent been active for ages but what do I know...

Basically, this sounds like a good idea, but there's one thing which keeps me from granting it.

If statmakers get their own subforum, it won't take long unil kitmakers want theirs and then those guys who make boots and so on and so on. Finally, we'll have a subforum in the Editing section which is full of subforums itself.

I'm for it, i think the stat thread gets lost sometimes in the world of people making kits faces and balls.

I think it would be a good idea.

Personally I am subscribed to all the stat forum, when I come in here i click on User CP and it tells me of any new posts in those forums

I'm pretty new to evo-web and I know my say doesn't mean much...but I don't see the harm in seperating the stats threads so they will be easier to locate. And even though Del & PLF aren't active statsmakers...their threads are like the "stats makers encyclopedia". You can always open it up and learn something.

I'm guessing "Stats Tweaking" is another name for "Stats Editing"? If it is, I can't see how anyone would be against it. Konami did a lousy job:P

I told you my concerns, especially considering that the number of statmakers can be counted on one hand.

Even though, statmaking helps improve the game most, I see problems with other editor groups coming up if this rather small group gets their own subforum.

I'm all for it. I think it will attract even more interest to the threads as it will be easier for people to find.

Also Red I understand your concerns but we can just say they fall into the "visual" category of editing.

I've got to be honest, I agree with Red on this one. It's not really condusive to have a stats tweaking sub-forum on here when, in actuality, there are so few threads. All other departments of editing (Faces, Chants, Stadiums, Kits etc.) dwarf the stats-making scene by a country mile, and a simple glance at the Editing Forum will show you that we are a minority group. And like all centralist politicians, the forum will go with the majority's consensus and not that of the minority.

Just do what I do. Subscribe to the stats threads you really follow, or bookmark all the Stats threads. That internet has got some fantastic technology y'know, I'm telling you...it's the future! ;)

It doesn't matter how perfect you make the stats, the game will still be shit!

Even though the ML is an unrealistic piece of garbage, my advice to you guys is if you choose to play the ML with all the tweaked stats, remember to turn the player growth off.

When you talk over PES Editing, I think we have to divide our work in two blocks, first the block for the editing matters that you can do with the internal editor and the second block for other editing things (all the kits, boots, balls...) that need some external programs.
We are on the first block, 'cause everyone can tweak his game with our stats.
Like lfc 4 eva says it will be more easy to find, 'cause sometimes it's hard to navigate in the editing forum. I think if we can coordinate us, we can make an optimal sub-forum, an accurate index, one thread for overall requested players, another thread for compare players...
IMO it will be nice to have our sub-forum, but if we have to share this forum with other editers following the reason that I said before, I don't have any problem.

I think if we can coordinate us, we can make an optimal sub-forum, an accurate index, one thread for overall requested players, another thread for compare players...

No chance! I will never be part of such shit and I'm 99% sure none of the other renowned statmakers will. We all have our own threads and that's where we present our updates.

A request threads would be the biggest bullshit in the world as people would quickly start flaming when their requested player is not posted or if they don't like the stats etc.

Stat comparison between stats of two diferent statmakers only makes sense if they follow the same standards. As soon as this is not the case, it's completely senseless.

When you talk over PES Editing, I think we have to divide our work in two blocks, first the block for the editing matters that you can do with the internal editor and the second block for other editing things (all the kits, boots, balls...) that need some external programs.

As much as I don't agree at all with putting us all together that Red so graceully replied to, I do think the idea of having a 2 way split between In Game and External editing, is a really go idea.

Not a bad idea, this would help people on the forum understand how important it is to not only have authentic kits boots and faces, but also having players represent their real selves in the game abilities vise. On the other hand this would make legal for kitmakers, bootmakers and other editors on the forum to request their own sub forum, which could create chaos.

Overall, I support this idea, but if only Mart and Tom are ready to listen to tons of requests from other editors (it may not happen though).

Not a bad idea, this would help people on the forum understand how important it is to not only have authentic kits boots and faces, but also having players represent their real selves in the game abilities vise. On the other hand this would make legal for kitmakers, bootmakers and other editors on the forum to request their own sub forum, which could create chaos.

Overall, I support this idea, but if only Mart and Tom are ready to listen to tons of requests from other editors (it may not happen though).

Alright stranger, where you been hiding

Personally, I think that the sub-forum thing could go the other way. There should probably me a sub-forum for the most popular editing subject (I don't know what this is, is it kits or faces?) in order for the main Editing forum to become smaller and thus easier to find the stats threads to start off with.

And even then, it might be easier to have a thread within the Editing forum itself that provides links to all the stats thread, like a directory.

And as Gibs has pointed out, where have you been? :)

I think this could be brought up again. The stats scene is near dead on here and I feel an extra section would be good for the whole editing squad. As sauce has said most general editors won't have an issue with it.

Back
Top Bottom