A Game Of Two Eras

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
Did anyone see this on BBC Four?

A Game of Two Eras: Time Shift

1957 vs 2007

This Time Shift special uses the latest football technology to conduct a unique experiment into how English football has really changed in the past 50 years.

Through computerised analysis it directly compares every aspect of the FA Cup Finals of 2007 and 1957, the year of the dramatic and controversial Wembley encounter between Manchester United and Aston Villa, when the United goalkeeper played on with a broken cheekbone.

How did the players pass the ball, how skilful were they and how hard did they tackle? The results uncover a lost era of English football through interviews with the surviving members of the 1957 final and contributors including Sir Tom Finney and former England manager Graham Taylor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/listin...&filename=20071213/20071213_2100_4544_5273_60

Fantastic programme I thought, especially the way it was made. I can't believe how much the game has changed.

yeh watched it last night and thought it was very interesting , thought the final score of the 57 game even more interesting, overall the game has moved on so much but its not all for the better, too many prima donna`s now.

Plan M, that must have been a fascinating program by the BEEB...but if i'm not mistaken wasn't that goalkeeper Bernt Trautmann and ddn't he play for Manchester City????

Back
Top Bottom