1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

A Game Of Two Eras

Discussion in 'Football' started by Plan M, 17 December 2007.

1. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    Did anyone see this on BBC Four?

A Game of Two Eras: Time Shift

1957 vs 2007

This Time Shift special uses the latest football technology to conduct a unique experiment into how English football has really changed in the past 50 years.

Through computerised analysis it directly compares every aspect of the FA Cup Finals of 2007 and 1957, the year of the dramatic and controversial Wembley encounter between Manchester United and Aston Villa, when the United goalkeeper played on with a broken cheekbone.

How did the players pass the ball, how skilful were they and how hard did they tackle? The results uncover a lost era of English football through interviews with the surviving members of the 1957 final and contributors including Sir Tom Finney and former England manager Graham Taylor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/listin...&filename=20071213/20071213_2100_4544_5273_60

Fantastic programme I thought, especially the way it was made. I can't believe how much the game has changed.

2. Hello

Hello Drop D, Not Bombs

4 August 2006
    Err umm i dont know to be honest
    Arsenal
    My dad recorded that I'll probably watch it later. And Plan M your new avatar is disturbing

3. Blue4life

Blue4life Banned

23 December 2006
    Ireland
    The Mighty Everton f.c.
    yeh watched it last night and thought it was very interesting , thought the final score of the 57 game even more interesting, overall the game has moved on so much but its not all for the better, too many prima donna`s now.

4. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Plan M, that must have been a fascinating program by the BEEB...but if i'm not mistaken wasn't that goalkeeper Bernt Trautmann and ddn't he play for Manchester City????

5. Plan M

Plan M Banned

27 September 2007
    Manchester United
    No it was definately the Man United 'Keeper Gerd. :)