A fun challenge :)

SnowThief

Non-League
1 October 2013
Hi.

First you pick the worst team in a league. Then you pick the 11 players on that team that you will be playing with. The rest of the players on your team, you may never use, except if your goalie gets a red card. In that case, you may put another goalie on.

Now you play the other teams in the league in random order as exhibition matches. Injuries and substitutions should be disabled and Form and Motivation should NOT be set to random. (I give everyone green Form arrows and disable Motivation.) That way you can play every match with the same 11 players.

After each win, you may swap one of your own players for one on the team you just beat (it doesn't matter if their player just played in the match against you or not), however that player's overall rating must be +1 or lower compared to yours.

After each loss, you have to swap one of your own 11 chosen players for one on the team you just lost to, however that player's overall rating must be -1 or lower compared to yours.

If the other team doesn't have a player that makes it possible to do the above swap (without doing something stupid like swapping a player for one who plays a different position or involuntarily swapping a player for one that's more than +1/-1), that +1/-1 is just transferred to the next match, so you can swap two players (or swap one for +2/-2) or they can cancel each other out if you win one and lose one.

The actual player switching is done as a club transfer, so make sure to backup your option file before you make any transfers. I play on PC so the entire process of swapping one player for another only takes about 15 seconds, but on consoles it will take a bit longer. To decide which player I want to swap, I usually start another match against the same opponent and then set my second controller to control the other team, so I can quickly compare my players to theirs in "Game Plan", without having to start the match, but do whatever works for you. :)

Example:

I pick Norwich City as my team as I feel that is one of the worst teams in Premier League in the game.

I paste the names of the other teams and randomize them here: http://www.random.org/lists/

The list ends up looking like this:

Sunderland
Cardiff City
Manchester United

Since Sunderland ended up on top, my first match will be against them. I lose the match and swap one of my CFs with a 82 rating for one of Sunderland's with a 81 rating.

My next match is against Cardiff City. I win the match and swap one of my CMFs with a 78 rating for one of Cardiff City's with a 79 rating.

And that's basically it.

You win when you get on average at least 2.5 points per match in a season. (For Premier League there's 20 teams and so 19 matches, as you only play each team once = 19 * 2.5 = 47.5 => 48 points needed to win.)

If you get less than 2.5 points on average per match in the season, you keep your team and just randomize the team list and start over until you're a good enough player + have a team that's good enough to get on average at least 2.5 points per match in a season.

You may of course at any time give up and start over if you've lost so many matches and so your players are now so bad that you feel you'll never be able to win.

Have fun. :)

TL;DR: See the bold parts.

Back
Top Bottom