92-02 prem vs 03-12 prem?

saintric

Premiership
9 October 2007
I was just reading someones post about the liverpool united game saying how the premiership's standards dropped

It got me thinking if the best players faced off from each era what team would be strongest? I know everyone would choose diff players but here what I came up with

-------------schmeicel

------neville adams stam irwin

----beckham keane viera giggs

---------cantona shearer

-----------------Cech

------Lauren terry s.campbell a.cole

----ronaldo lampard scholes pires

----------henry van nistelroy

I know the 92-02 team is mostly man utd (no im not a utd fan) but its difficult to choose any other players since they dominated.I guess I only included the players that stopped Utd winning the title during that period like shearer

I think looking at the two teams the 03-12 is the better team overall and would beat the 92-02 side anyone agree the prem has improved and not declined ability wise?

i think ability has improved in premier league, not massively though, just a lil bit. the pace of the game is much quicker that's for sure.
and liverpool vs man united games aint normally great football games probably because of the rivalry and that, i think players get nervous and fuck up often in these type of games, especially liverpool forwards last sunday.

I'd play a 4-3-3 for the 03-12 team but, yea, I agree that I'd prefer the 03-12 team

My 03-12 team

--------------------Cech------------------

Neville*------Vidic-------Terry-------A. Cole

------Gerrard----Scholes----Lampard-------

-----C. Ronaldo---Drogba----Henry-------

*Dixon in a 92-002 team

Back
Top Bottom