3D Stutter on the PS3

Beretta007

Non-League
11 February 2003
Appealing to anyone else who has a 3d TV and has played on ps3 in 3D. The game frame rate drops and it seems to stutter. All of the replays etc look smooth. Can anyone else please post their experiences playing in 3D please.

My set is an LG 42LW650T with passive 3d. Please let me know if anybody else is experiencing the same problems its driving me mad

Yea mine doesnt stutter but the more 3d i make it it seems to be 3d but double image and blurry.

Now my hdmi cabe isnt nthe best so may get a new one and see.
But the more 3d i make it via the slider the mor double visioned it is with active shutter glasses on i have a 40PFL9705H/12.

Now i do realise that without glasses it shoyld be an overlayed double image but the furthest i can go is 1 bar into the 3d which is pointless really :(

mmm so strange, I have no overlay problems, in fact it looks great just cant play properly, the stutter effect or slow frame rate is worse on the wide camera angle which is the the I play on

Trying to figure out if this is a active vs passive problem, or the game.

I have no problems with my other 3D games, Killzove 3, Wipeout HD and GT5

Anyone else got any feedback

mmm so strange, I have no overlay problems, in fact it looks great just cant play properly, the stutter effect or slow frame rate is worse on the wide camera angle which is the the I play on
Same here on a Samsung LE46C750 (active shutter glasses).

Well glad its not just me, can all 3D users please post thier experiences, so I can lodge the issue with Konami

I noticed framerate issues in 3D, using a Samsung with active 3D. The game seemingly can't handle the stereoscopic 3D as well as other games, it's trying to process the game graphics twice compared to non 3D. This is why images in 3D games look low resolution, usually 480p. Consoles can't really handle processing 3D yet in hi res, and PESseems to struggle more than most, hence the stuttering frame rate.

The 3D is still fine, but it's an issue with resolutions for all games in 3D not just PES. It's still a decent effect though, and the framerate thing doesn't make the game worse IMO. If you get a TV with 2D-3D conversion you can just play the game in 2D then turn this on in your TV settings. Doesn't make it full on 3D but it gives a lovely sense of depth, while retaining the quality of the graphics. Samsung 3D TV's seem to have that function, or at least mine does anyways!

The 3D is still fine, but it's an issue with resolutions for all games in 3D not just PES. It's still a decent effect though, and the framerate thing doesn't make the game worse IMO. If you get a TV with 2D-3D conversion you can just play the game in 2D then turn this on in your TV settings. Doesn't make it full on 3D but it gives a lovely sense of depth, while retaining the quality of the graphics. Samsung 3D TV's seem to have that function, or at least mine does anyways!
What camera angle do you use? On wide, the game is unplayable for me if 3D is on. 2D to 3D conversion is alright but not something I'd recommend or buy a 3D TV for personally.

In the short time I had the game on PS3 I preferred the 3D on live broadcast cam, though that's pretty tough to play. I'd only recommend a 3D TV if you're gonna get other use out of it though. Killzone 3 is amazing in 3D.

Back
Top Bottom