360* movement issue

Valmighty

Conference
16 September 2007
konami brought 360* movement on this PES 2010. but to me, it is unfinished programming.
why?

1. you can't run (with R1 pressed) 360* while defending. it is still 8-direction
2. computer AI still attacks in 8-direction
3. can't trap the ball while running (R1 pressed) in 360* (still 8 direction)
4. the passes is still in 8-direction (can't choose to pass someone between 2-3 players that are near)

hope konami release a patch to fix this. it is annoying especially point 1 coz it makes the defender lose speed/acceleration when he change direction 45*

I think the inclusion of 360 degree movement was a last minute knee-jerk reaction to Fifa 10 by Konami, and it's clear to see that it was not properly thought out or implemented. It is in the game but it's far too subtle and doesn't work in all situations, so in my opinion it may as well not be there at all. Also, I think the game will need a more advanced set of animations (see Fifa) in order to do 360 movement justice.

Disagree with the idea that it may as well not be there. This game is much less rigid than last year. I like the new movement, think it adds a lot to the game.

Disagree with the idea that it may as well not be there. This game is much less rigid than last year. I like the new movement, think it adds a lot to the game.

Then, when they add actual 360 degree movement in a future PES as opposed to the shoddy farce in this one, you're going to be utterly over the moon.

I agree it's less rigid, but I don't think the 360 degree movement is the reason for that, rather the better animations in the game this year. Remember, Fifa 08 and 09 were both 8 directional but still move more realistically and naturally than PES 2010 due to the animations.

There are more degrees of movement in PES 2010, although certainly no where near 360 degrees, but it really doesn't seem to make much difference to the feel of the gameplay. The game still feels like PES always has, though that's a good thing.

I agree it's less rigid, but I don't think the 360 degree movement is the reason for that, rather the better animations in the game this year. Remember, Fifa 08 and 09 were both 8 directional but still move more realistically and naturally than PES 2010 due to the animations.

There are more degrees of movement in PES 2010, although certainly no where near 360 degrees, but it really doesn't seem to make much difference to the feel of the gameplay. The game still feels like PES always has, though that's a good thing.

I don't think it is at all. Its the same rigid, frustrating play that hampered 2009. V poor.

I think the inclusion of 360 degree movement was a last minute knee-jerk reaction to Fifa 10 by Konami, and it's clear to see that it was not properly thought out or implemented. It is in the game but it's far too subtle and doesn't work in all situations, so in my opinion it may as well not be there at all. Also, I think the game will need a more advanced set of animations (see Fifa) in order to do 360 movement justice.
i agree, it does seem like last-minute feature they added there,

but i don't think i'd say it's better they didn't put it there coz i love 360* movement in PES2010, but i just hate the idea that they put it unfinished.

and to think about it, the feints/tricks is IMO impossible to do with left analog stick (like step over: forward then 90*)

Back
Top Bottom