2011 vs 2013

Fabio2598

WXI Classic Editor
19 August 2010
United Kingdom
I was trying just now the older pes versions on my PC (2009, 2010, 2011)
And now my question is, what the hell was konami thinking?
PES 2009 was pretty good, players looked a bit stiff sometimes, but it's a 2009 game, so it's acceptable.
2010 has been one of my favorite PES games for ages (don't ask me why) graphics are alot better than 2013, maybe kit models could be improved and it's a bit laggy on my system (dunno why), but anyway, could only get better from there right?
Yes, finally we get to 2011, graphics are almost as good as PES10 (i think the sun effects looked better on PES10, just my opinion), you can still see rain in-game, kit models WERE improved from PES10, gameplay was also better (better dribbling and passing for starters, GK's also seem improved).And from there.. well, we know the rest, PES12 & 13 seem a lot worse than PES11 imo, the colours are dull and unappealing, gameplay seemed to get worse with 2012, and got a little better with 2013, mainly the shooting, but it's like team playing styles and stats don't matter anymore, i've seen countless situations of C. Ronaldo being caught by a much slower player.
Anyway, this is not a thread ranting about the latest konami games, don't get me wrong, i'm just checking if anyone might have the same opinion as me, and i know it's a bit late with PES 2014 just around the corner, but it's always good to check our older games, we might always find something we didn't even notice before. :)

2011 demo > 2013 full > 2011 full

and if i had to choose the order by my own personal prefference, current gen pes games top 3 would look like this:

1. pes 2011 demo
2. pes 2010 demo
3. pes 2010 full

2011 demo > 2013 full > 2011 full

and if i had to choose the order by my own personal prefference, current gen pes games top 3 would look like this:

1. pes 2011 demo
2. pes 2010 demo
3. pes 2010 full

The only demo i played was 2013's, i didn't play any of the other demos so i can't quite comment on them, but i wonder why does konami always does that? I remember the 2013 demo was loads better than the full game.
But i'm glad to see that someone else still likes PES 2010 :)

I'm still playing 2011. I'm not gonna say pes 2011 is the best, imo none of them deserve to be called the best. Each one is flawed in a uniquely retarded way. PES 2013 has no speed difference whatsoever, no acceleration so all players lose individuality, everyone dribbles like a god... players skate around the pitch like they are on ice. Mostly the same problems on 2012, overpowerd attacking players. PES 2011 has retarded catch up bug and confrontation physics, but teams maintain their shape well (both good and bad) and since defending is overpowered in this game, it comes down to pure skill player vs player. Beating a man is actually hard to do in 2011, so when you beat back to back players you feel like you've accomplished something. PES 2010 would be the most realistic, if it wasn't so overpowered in BB and the most bug ridden of all pes's. It's so bad that matches are often decided purely by who gets fucked over more by bugs or poor programming.

All of them have so many problems. Pes 2013 just feels like I'm playing a dumbed down pes for retarded kids, so I stick with 11. Matches are challenging, but very frustrating due to the shitty catch up and BB confrontations and then the whole ACC/ST/AGR gives players so much more individualism, which has always been one of pes's main selling points. Players actually felt different before 2012/13.

Last edited:
I'm still playing 2011. I'm not gonna say pes 2011 is the best, imo none of them deserve to be called the best. Each one is flawed in a uniquely retarded way. PES 2013 has no speed difference whatsoever, no acceleration so all players lose individuality, everyone dribbles like a god... players skate around the pitch like they are on ice. Mostly the same problems on 2012, overpowerd attacking players. PES 2011 has retarded catch up bug and confrontation physics, but teams maintain their shape well (both good and bad) and since defending is overpowered in this game, it comes down to pure skill player vs player. Beating a man is actually hard to do in 2011, so when you beat back to back players you feel like you've accomplished something. PES 2010 would be the most realistic, if it wasn't so overpowered in BB and the most bug ridden of all pes's. It's so bad that matches are often decided purely by who gets fucked over more by bugs or poor programming.

All of them have so many problems. Pes 2013 just feels like I'm playing a dumbed down pes for retarded kids, so I stick with 11. Matches are challenging, but very frustrating due to the shitty catch up and BB confrontations and then the whole ACC/ST/AGR gives players so much more individualism, which has always been one of pes's main selling points. Players actually felt different before 2012/13.

IMO the catch up bug is alot worse in 2012/2013 than 2011, and i agree with you on what you said about PES 10, is probably one of the best, maybe a bit too fast, but that's fine by me, I'm trying 2011 right now with jenkey's gameplay tool, looks a bit better to me, do you also use it or you're playing with default gameplay?

I stick with 11. Matches are challenging, but very frustrating due to the shitty catch up and BB confrontations and then the whole ACC/ST/AGR gives players so much more individualism, which has always been one of pes's main selling points. Players actually felt different before 2012/13.
Well, that's exactly what I felt.
Here are my 2 cents (especially, my friends' 2 cents): quite every mate of mine still plays PES 2011 as none of them got really impressed either by the 2012 demo or by the 2013 one.

I had the chance to play some matches last night at a friend of mine and, well, I was actually impressed at how it played. I didn't remember 2011 playing that good honestly (and that's probably why I'm still on PES6).
Of course it has its flaws (crosses being overhit, keepers being a little unresponsive at times, players tending to perform kamikaze-style auto-tackles in dangerous areas and to perform scissor kicks way too much, the infamous catch-up bug) but all in all I really enjoyed it (probably because we played it human vs. human so we tried not to exploit its flaws).

Still, it's better than 2012 and 2013 for me (although I only tried demos of both).

Back
Top Bottom