1 vs 100 (360)

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Anyone gonna be on this later?

I defo will be, really looking forward to it - hopefully the servers work better than EA's BF1943!

Live show at 19:30 - which means it is 'hosted' by a real live person. Cannot remember who is doing the UK one though, some dude from the Lottery I think.

Didn't know this was tonight - looks good, looking forward to it.

Is there anything you have to do beforehand to be able to play it?

Didn't know this was tonight - looks good, looking forward to it.

Is there anything you have to do beforehand to be able to play it?

Dont think so - will obviously have to download the software when it is released (should be tweeted by Mjr Nelson, so will let you know) and its only open to gold members.

It's just not going to be much fun from the previews I've read. You've got hardly any chance of being the one answering questions so then you're just in the audience waiting around.

The "live show" tonight will likely be filled within seconds as well :(

It's like the lottery though, you've got to be in it to win it. ;)

(There's a thought, I bet they charge you for entering when it's not a beta...)

If you dont get to be "the one" or in the rest of the 100 mob, you play in the crowd and playing along this way boosts your stats - which increases your chances of being selected for one of the roles in the next game - so its (apparantly) worth joining in...

Getting an error when trying to join :(

Edit: Got in on my fourth attempt, only to be taken to the lobby, wait a moment for "a seat" and then be told "Thank you for playing". Didn't expect this to work great anyway so there you go :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished now, at 7:25pm they let you start downloading it. Weird though, on mine I pressed the "Primetime" icon and the game loaded up without needing to download anything (apart from a small hidden update when you were in the channel) - dad had a go (which was hilarious, he was the only one in our 100 to get the "2009 Premier League Champions" question wrong because he pressed the wrong button in a panic)... But he required a lengthy download first!

It was a bit of a balls-up, the commentator only came on once here, and there were lots of stoppages. And in the end there was over 70,000 people trying to get in, so I can't imagine your chances of being the one are very high. But fun nonetheless!

Thought it was brilliant fun, really well done and I said to the missus, I bet the "Money|Mob" decision can be quite tense when there are a few points up for grabs, but imagine if its for a car or something!!

I wouldnt mind if they kept the ad breaks in (I guess they will use real ads when it launches for real?) if it keeps the game free. They weren't too obtrusive and it felt more like a real TV show having a break.

I was always in the Crowd, but I was very close to the top 10 scores at times and finished top by some way of my 4 group

Cannot wait for the footie quiz next week :)

Hope it has some sort of leaderboards too...

What do you have to do to play it? Just have your xbox turned on at the scheduled time?

Tried 4 times to get in now and I keep getting an error and having to go back to the dash to retry :BRICK:

Was in this earlier, its alright, would be good if you could get a party of friends and all go into the Mob together. I got booted once and had to go back into it again, missing two questions and having to start from zero again, which was rubbish.

I dont think its that great anyhow, never seen so many bloody random questions about Norwegian skiers in all my life. It'll be a gimmick I think. Fun with friends, but shite otherwise. You aint missing much Dags.

Was in this earlier, its alright, would be good if you could get a party of friends and all go into the Mob together. I got booted once and had to go back into it again, missing two questions and having to start from zero again, which was rubbish.

I dont think its that great anyhow, never seen so many bloody random questions about Norwegian skiers in all my life. It'll be a gimmick I think. Fun with friends, but shite otherwise. You aint missing much Dags.

Dont forget tonights round was "Super Hard" so the questions were always going to be... well, Super Hard.

Footy quiz later this week :))

Meh, a bit pointless really.

The next proper game is on the 30th, the rest of the time it's just "Extended play" where you just answer the questions, with no prizes or anything and it's not even "1 vs 100"... It's just thousands of people answering questions with no sort of format.

haha! it also seems to have a mild obsession with the coastline of the adriatic sea too!

btw Holio, last night it asked a question which country had stormont as it's governement building! :o)

I enjoyed the half an hour or so i had on it

All 4 of us in our group were pretty good and you had to be quick with the answers to get your bonuses and extra points

Disappointed with the quiz tonight, the questions were basically...

"Who won the UEFA cup in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 1999, 2004"

"Who won the champions cup (league) in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 1999, 2004"

"Who won european footballer of the year in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 1999, 2004"

And then a few other random world football questions.

Started off ok, then went into meltdown and Coopz who missed the first 4 q's eventually overtook me and I finished 3rd in our group :((

Hope they can do something more regional for the full version - like UK Football for us (with some world q's), La Liga for Spain etc etc.

I only took over you with about 3 questions to go and most of my right answers were guesses :LOL:

And as you said the variety in the questions was none existent

I have enjoyed the few games i have had on this though and its even better when you have someone in the group you know to battle against :)

I only took over you with about 3 questions to go and most of my right answers were guesses :LOL:

And as you said the variety in the questions was none existent

I have enjoyed the few games i have had on this though and its even better when you have someone in the group you know to battle against :)

Was dying to get that last q right as you were only about 40pts in front going into it. Think we both got it wrong (Fairs Cup one).

Yeah it was very close, the guy who won seemed to know his stuff but we will never know if it was just pot luck with his answers

We will have to get in a general knowledge one next time, that has alot more variety to the questions :)

Back
Top Bottom