× Sympathy for the Devil | Club Atlético Independiente (PES 2013) ×

Exciting times man! I applaud your commitment, playng all your ML stories with one team! Also, nice job recreating the detailed news reports and social media posts, gives it a more "modern" feel for sure! Hopefully Independiente will be able to climb out of B Nacional after their relegation, and regain their spot as one of the big South American teams, especially in Libertadores! :RSCARF: Also, good job in choosing PES 2013, I've wanted to go back to it for a long time. Love the detail and the realistic "news report" feel you give to your story! :TU:

Thank you!!! Sorry I've never posted before. I joined here in 2016, but at the time I was sharing stories with NBA videogames in other forums and I would just come here to download PES6 patches :D I've always wanted to post something similar to official sites and social media, this layout allows me to do it. I've been rooting for Independiente since I can remember, and that year was a nightmare. The club is fighting relegation right now too, I hope it doesn't happen again. In my opinion, PES 2013 is the best after 6, so it was an easy choice.

Nice! I also love the NBA, especially retro 80's and 90's. I've played a lot with the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2k14 (Won the Championship wth MJ and the 90's Bulls, also played with Hakeem's Rockets, Barkley's Suns, and am playing a Shawn Kemp led Supersonics revival), but I've never actually written a story about it, maybe one day I will! Hopefully in your story and in real life, Independiente will stave off relegation and become once again Libertadores classics! (I think last time I saw you guys was 2018, Millos-Indpendiente in Group Phase in Avellaneda and Bogotá). Hope you keep posting your story, bro, 2013 is a great game! :TU:

DHnoz2Q.png

uRTilqR.png

kDvplMq.png

aDOUtz1.png

Last edited:
Nice! I also love the NBA, especially retro 80's and 90's. I've played a lot with the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2k14 (Won the Championship wth MJ and the 90's Bulls, also played with Hakeem's Rockets, Barkley's Suns, and am playing a Shawn Kemp led Supersonics revival), but I've never actually written a story about it, maybe one day I will! Hopefully in your story and in real life, Independiente will stave off relegation and become once again Libertadores classics! (I think last time I saw you guys was 2018, Millos-Indpendiente in Group Phase in Avellaneda and Bogotá). Hope you keep posting your story, bro, 2013 is a great game! :TU:

YES! Used the UBR too, in almost every one of my stories. Dikembe's Hawks, Clyde's Blazers, Reggie's Pacers, but I was never able to capture a ring...

YES! Used the UBR too, in almost every one of my stories. Dikembe's Hawks, Clyde's Blazers, Reggie's Pacers, but I was never able to capture a ring...
Dikembe's Hawks! I used to love them, especially the 1995-96 version with
PF - Laettner
SF - Stacey Augmon
C - Dikembe
SG - Steve Smith
PG - Mookie Blaylock!

Might even play load up UBR and start a season with them! Haha, thanks for reminding me of the Mid 90's Hawks!

Ok, 90's NBA parenthesis over. :LOL:

Hey, this looks incredible, congratulations. Love the dedication. Feels like FMSite, the Spanish speaking Football Manager forum, where people would also recreate social media posts, news outlets and everything: looks really cool!

Hey, this looks incredible, congratulations. Love the dedication. Feels like FMSite, the Spanish speaking Football Manager forum, where people would also recreate social media posts, news outlets and everything: looks really cool!

Hey, thank you so much! My initial plan was to use Football Manager, but I didn't want to get too deep into the game. I don't have a lot of time to post here so I went with PES, although the 2013 ML is pretty deep itself; I'm only playing the first team matches (I have a second save for the Academy where I edited all the player names and their ratings, and I'm letting the CPU play).

Independiente and Racing on opposite sides of the table! Is an Avellaneda Derby in the books for the final? :TU:

Haha that would be nice! As you know, the Cups in PES2013 only have 32 teams, so I had to create everything from scratch. The right side of the bracket is mostly the same with those 32, but then I randomized everything, added some lower division teams and made sure Boca and River, and Independiente and Racing were on opposite sides of it.

To be honest with you, though, I wouldn't mind if we lose at some point. I need all players focused on the promotion to Primera! 🏆

I feel the same way bro, sometimes I like getting out of Cups, especially since, if I'm in first division, I am usually either trying to qualify for a cup or avoiding relegation, and at the same time, when I am in second division, I am completely focused on promotion, so sometimes Copas seem a little distracting, especially in our continent that for example, Copa Colombia and Copa Argentina are not that prestigious, at least not like in Brazil, so it is kind of a relief when I can focus solely on the league. :LOL:

Still, an Independiente-Racing final would be great! :TU:

Bro, can you remind me, what are the conditions for promotion in Segunda División? Is there a playoff? Seems like your Diablos Rojos are doing well! :RSCARF:

What happened in real life back then was: the top three teams (in points) reached Primera División, and the bottom four (in promedios) were relegated to the B Metropolitana. The third and fourth placed teams, Huracán and Independiente, were tied in points so they played a playoff match, which Independiente won and got promoted. Still a long way to go, but we are aiming for the trophy this time! 🏆

PS: I'm not the biggest Rolling Stones fan, but I thought that title fitted the story perfectly :D

Back
Top Bottom