Winning Eleven and how offline modes in it are most fun to play for me nowadays... P.S. It's not ML/BAL (PES2018/PES2021)

MKC

Garra! Força! Tradição!
16 May 2019
Curitiba, Brazil
Coritiba F.C.
Hi! I know this might seem like quite a random post, but I've figured it'd be fun to make a new thread to talk about our beloved football video games, most specifically the one franchise most here seem to hold the most dear: Winning Eleven... or Pro Evolution Soccer/PES as most of us know it nowadays, before eFootball came along at least. I feel that any time offline is mentioned, especially when mentioning the direction football video games have gone in, with the differences between offline and online players, ML or BAL seem to be the main mode mentioned when talking about offline, especially ML, or FIFA's Career Mode, and for a reason, those are the main offline modes, the classics that offline players are into and want to play... however there are other kinds of players, some prefer to just play friendlies, as I did at one point, others prefer to play a season without transfers or anything like that, like my dad... and in recent years I've taken a liking to something else, one of the most basic modes in any football video game: Cup.

Now, it's not really Cup alone that gets the magic done, though it is the main part of it all, there's something else I find crucial, a classic mode that we all know and love: Edit.

In PES2012 and PES2015 I'd often play with national teams, to really get that nostalgic vibe of when I was a kid, not only because Winning Eleven and other football video games were more focused on national teams... but because football itself seemed to treat it differently from today, though people still value it, clubs now are way more of a bigger deal even for the general public. Anyways, I'd especially love it when a team was unlicensed, I'd make the kits I want, change the stadium how I wanted, the manager on PES2015, with some comical choices for the fun of it, the banners... everything until it was how I wanted it to be, it was fun! Adding a personal touch to the experience is always a fun time when you're feeling creative, and I loved doing it here, I recall winning the Asia-Oceania Cup with North Korea, South Korea and Japan, even winning the World Cup with Japan eventually, and getting 3rd place with North Korea on another run, always with new kits to make every run feel more unique and special, good times...

Ever since PES2018 came along things changed, it was now possible to add custom kits to licensed teams, including the club I supported... it was time for the Konami Cup.

Nowadays how I've been playing is very simple, but also very fun, and I made the thread mostly to recommend it to people who may be feeling a bit tired from the same ML and/or BAL runs, especially now that Winning Eleven ended on PES2021 and we don't have anything new to look forward to, it's easier to get bored. I always go for a single cup specifically, Konami Cup, because I can edit this one as I please, number of teams, groups or knockouts, how yellow cards work, etc. I then decide what competition I'll play within the lore, am I playing a Brazilian Cup? I might feel like reviving an old club competition from Brazil like the Torneio do Povo or the Copa Sul-Minas, the Rio-SP or others... and I can. I then make a logo for the competition, add it in the editor through my flash drive, and change the Konami Cup logo and name. After that it's just a matter of choosing who I'll play as and editing them to my liking, especially the kits. I lately revived the Copa Sul-Minas and gave it a run of Professional/10min/FUMA... it was fun!

I don't know if others will find any fun to be had in this way of playing or not, but I feel it could be fun for some to avoid getting tired of ML/BAL thanks to it being a new thing.

I definitely like the Konami Cup option! 🏆 🎆

The fact that you can customize teams, create logos, uniforms, and a whole backstory to the competition is great fun. I especially like creating some alternative universe scenarios, like for example this one or this one (one of them is a competition where 3-Star Rated Teams from different confederations face off against each other, the other one is an Afro-Asian Cup of Nations! It's definitely really entertaining to wrap your head around invented scenarios, recreate your favorite tournaments from the past, and create "what-if" stories that may never happen if it weren't for our footballing imagination!

I think that's definitely the appeal of the Konami Cup/League, it's endless customization. I found it to be a source of endless fun. :TU: :BSCARF:

Reactions: MKC
I definitely like the Konami Cup option! 🏆 🎆

The fact that you can customize teams, create logos, uniforms, and a whole backstory to the competition is great fun. I especially like creating some alternative universe scenarios, like for example this one or this one (one of them is a competition where 3-Star Teams (maximum strength 3 stars) from different confederations face off against each other, the other one is an Afro-Asian Cup of Nations! It's definitely really entertaining to wrap your head around invented scenarios, recreate your favorite tournaments from the past, and create "what-if" stories!

I think that's definitely the appeal of the Konami Cup/League, it's endless customization. I found it to be a source of endless fun. :TU: :BSCARF:
I had never seen these threads of yours before, they're exactly what I'm talking about, good stuff! It really opens up endless possibilities for fun, for those that love the sport, both the Konami League and Konami Cup, with their customization options, alongside PES' editor, have the potential to turn a single PES disc into a football playground, a toy box, for football lovers, where we can build our own world of football and create football stories in our heads, either based on things that've happened, that could've happened, or something unique. I'm glad to see other people here have been enjoying this way of playing, so cheers!

Exactly bro! We think alike in this manner. Konami League/Cup is definitely a breath of fresh air, with all the customization optons! For example in your particular case, Brazil has soo many regional cups, Paulistao, Paraibano, Campeonato Carioca, Campeonato Gaucho, you name it! Just like you mentioned, you can create or recreate endless possibilities with it. A Southern Brazilian Cup or a Northern one? You got it An inter-nations club competition? It's all possible. And with the logos and kit creations, they make it even better. I'm glad to see you discovered my stories thread as well and are enjoying them! :BSCARF: :TU:

Exactly bro! We think alike in this manner. Konami League/Cup is definitely a breath of fresh air, with all the customization optons! For example in your particular case, Brazil has soo many regional cups, Paulistao, Paraibano, Campeonato Carioca, Campeonato Gaucho, you name it! Just like you mentioned, you can create or recreate endless possibilities with it. A Southern Brazilian Cup or a Northern one? You got it An inter-nations club competition? It's all possible. And with the logos and kit creations, they make it even better. I'm glad to see you discovered my stories thread as well and are ejoying them! :BSCARF: :TU:
I'm reading through your threads right now... your writing is really good! It reminds me of newspaper chronicles we used to have on printed newspapers, and still do online, where the writing about a match or tournament that happened is written in a new that doesn't feel like news, it feels like a book, a novel, and it gives the story so much more appeal! I love it when I read about a club's run or title in a league or cup and it goes like this, makes you feel like you're there a lot more than just reading the technical stuff, I almost feel like doing a thread myself to see how it goes, though I'm not much of a writer at all, so I'm not sure.

Indeed, Brazil's a paradise for football fans, of course there are tons of problems, the calendar's usually a disaster and a lot of competitions used to be quite confusing and poorly organized, especially in the 20th century, but a lot of them were fun too and it's a shame to see them die out, state championships are getting less and less interest from fans, and regional cups are pretty much dead besides the Copa Verde and Copa do Nordeste, I miss the Sul-Minas and I miss the Rio-São Paulo, I even went ahead and made a 2nd division cup since I always preferred knockouts over a league format, like it was in the 80s/90s.

Thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words! I've put a lot of effort over the years in my stories, and try to make them creative.. I really enjoy writing them as I'm playing the different PES editions, and I'm glad to see that you like them! Coincidentally, right now I'm playing with an invented team, Estrela Azul Paulista, in Brasileirao B under the legendary Sócrates, which I hope you'll enjoy! You can read about it here :BSCARF: :TU:

Brazil is definitely crazy when it comes to footballing schedules!! I'm a big fan of your leagues and cups, I like the fact that there are so many regional Cups + Copa Do Brasil + Brasileirao (not to mention Libertadores and Sudamericana) it is very unique in South America and in the world! I understand that it is for historical reasons, the huge size of the country meant that regional cups in the past were even more important, as the regional rivalries were (and still are!) really intense! I think the different competitions in your country have a lot of personality!!

Thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words! I've put a lot of effort over the years in my stories, and try to make them creative.. I really enjoy writing them as I'm playing the different PES editions, and I'm glad to see that you like them! Coincidentally, right now I'm playing with an invented team, Estrela Azul Paulista, in Brasileirao B under the legendary Sócrates, which I hope you'll enjoy! You can read about it here :BSCARF: :TU:

Brazil is definitely crazy when it comes to footballing schedules!! I'm a big fan of your leagues and cups, I like the fact that there are so many regional Cups + Copa Do Brasil + Brasileirao (not to mention Libertadores and Sudamericana) it is very unique in South America and in the world! I understand that it is for historical reasons, the huge size of the country meant that regional cups in the past were even more important, as the regional rivalries were (and still are!) really intense! I think the different competitions in your country have a lot of personality!!
Indeed, Brazil's football history is huge! Way beyond the national team, it's a shame that the media outside of our continent doesn't seem to know or care at all about how huge clubs like Santos, São Paulo or Flamengo are in world football... as if our continent was 2nd rate, even though Argentina has just won a World Cup. In Brazil it's fun how there are loads of competitions, which have spanned various formats, though nowadays it's more tame, we have the league, the cup, the state championship, national super cup, and the Comnebol competitions, pretty standard. As for how our competitions came to be, it really was due to the huge size, I see a lot of Brazilians, mostly young ones, act as if our older league/cup formats, where the state championships were a big part of it, was this backwards thing, even though it was completely impossible for Brazilian clubs back then to function how they do now, in a nation wide setting. One more thing that's always bothered me is when fans take the state championships for granted, our 1st national league was in 1959, we had won a World Cup by then, without a national league... for over 50 years they were the most desired glory in Brazilian football and now they're often disrespected by fans...

I'd say the peak was in the late 90's and early 2000's, we had the league with a stable format for the 1st time in ages, instead of changing the format every year, 24 clubs play in 23 fixtures, the top 8 go to the QFs and we get a final to decide the Brazilian champion, then we had the cup, where Libertadores clubs didn't play! So we had loads of quite alternative champions... we also had more regional cups, like the Rio-São Paulo and the Sul-Minas, it was just a good time to be a Brazilian... oh, and we won our 5th World Cup at around that same time, 3 finals in a row... man, I was born way too late (1999), what a shame.

Way beyond the national team, it's a shame that the media outside of our continent doesn't seem to know or care at all about how huge clubs like Santos, São Paulo or Flamengo are in world football...
:APPLAUD: :APPLAUD: Well said bro.. South America is a footballing world all of its own!! I see it as a completely separate and independent entity, with our own history and culture! Undoubtedly we can fully understand what this feels like :TU: :BSCARF: :

Hi! I know this might seem like quite a random post, but I've figured it'd be fun to make a new thread to talk about our beloved football video games, most specifically the one franchise most here seem to hold the most dear: Winning Eleven... or Pro Evolution Soccer/PES as most of us know it nowadays, before eFootball came along at least. I feel that any time offline is mentioned, especially when mentioning the direction football video games have gone in, with the differences between offline and online players, ML or BAL seem to be the main mode mentioned when talking about offline, especially ML, or FIFA's Career Mode, and for a reason, those are the main offline modes, the classics that offline players are into and want to play... however there are other kinds of players, some prefer to just play friendlies, as I did at one point, others prefer to play a season without transfers or anything like that, like my dad... and in recent years I've taken a liking to something else, one of the most basic modes in any football video game: Cup.

Now, it's not really Cup alone that gets the magic done, though it is the main part of it all, there's something else I find crucial, a classic mode that we all know and love: Edit.

In PES2012 and PES2015 I'd often play with national teams, to really get that nostalgic vibe of when I was a kid, not only because Winning Eleven and other football video games were more focused on national teams... but because football itself seemed to treat it differently from today, though people still value it, clubs now are way more of a bigger deal even for the general public. Anyways, I'd especially love it when a team was unlicensed, I'd make the kits I want, change the stadium how I wanted, the manager on PES2015, with some comical choices for the fun of it, the banners... everything until it was how I wanted it to be, it was fun! Adding a personal touch to the experience is always a fun time when you're feeling creative, and I loved doing it here, I recall winning the Asia-Oceania Cup with North Korea, South Korea and Japan, even winning the World Cup with Japan eventually, and getting 3rd place with North Korea on another run, always with new kits to make every run feel more unique and special, good times...

Ever since PES2018 came along things changed, it was now possible to add custom kits to licensed teams, including the club I supported... it was time for the Konami Cup.

Nowadays how I've been playing is very simple, but also very fun, and I made the thread mostly to recommend it to people who may be feeling a bit tired from the same ML and/or BAL runs, especially now that Winning Eleven ended on PES2021 and we don't have anything new to look forward to, it's easier to get bored. I always go for a single cup specifically, Konami Cup, because I can edit this one as I please, number of teams, groups or knockouts, how yellow cards work, etc. I then decide what competition I'll play within the lore, am I playing a Brazilian Cup? I might feel like reviving an old club competition from Brazil like the Torneio do Povo or the Copa Sul-Minas, the Rio-SP or others... and I can. I then make a logo for the competition, add it in the editor through my flash drive, and change the Konami Cup logo and name. After that it's just a matter of choosing who I'll play as and editing them to my liking, especially the kits. I lately revived the Copa Sul-Minas and gave it a run of Professional/10min/FUMA... it was fun!

I don't know if others will find any fun to be had in this way of playing or not, but I feel it could be fun for some to avoid getting tired of ML/BAL thanks to it being a new thing.

Hello Guys
I need help, i haven't been able to play eFootball PES2021, So i was hoping you could help me on how to use sider and CPY Offline Crack
I have already downloaded Ketubanjiwa CPY eFootball Version 1.04 and 1.07(Offline Crack) but both failing to proceed to play match when using sider 7.2.0

Hello Guys
I need help, i haven't been able to play eFootball PES2021, So i was hoping you could help me on how to use sider and CPY Offline Crack
I have already downloaded Ketubanjiwa CPY eFootball Version 1.04 and 1.07(Offline Crack) but both failing to proceed to play match when using sider 7.2.0

Wrong place to ask use random question thread and you cant discuss cpy here, it's banned.

if you dont have the game get football life by smokepatch instead

Nowadays how I've been playing is very simple, but also very fun, and I made the thread mostly to recommend it to people who may be feeling a bit tired from the same ML and/or BAL runs, especially now that Winning Eleven ended on PES2021 and we don't have anything new to look forward to, it's easier to get bored.
Well, I have different methods and it make me really enjoy playing PES 2021. I became a "journey man". So I play ML on worst team on the games (Rayong FC). Then I don't do any transfer, in or out then play just for 1 season. At the end of season, I always accept offer from different league (unknow team is my main priority). I also set transfer to high to make each clubs as random as possible (with their players list). With this method I play on many unknow teams and leagues, its make me not bored until now. Of course it more difficult to get title, because most of offer that I choose is from mid-low teams.

I use Top Player difficulty, 10 minutes match, auto subs and random gameplay mod.

Back
Top Bottom