Winning 11 9 Liveware Evolution is the best PES? (I'm also having problems finding and installing).

MysticReverie

Non-League
30 July 2021
Hi
I've been trying to find the ulitmate retro PES game.
It seems Winning 11 9 Liveware Evolution is highly praised.
I'm having problems finding it online.
Does anyone have any recommendations or pointers?
Thanks

I have been playing WE9LE a lot recently having long considered PES 5 the greatest footy game ever made.

WE9LE is indeed a tweaked PES 5. Less fouls, maybe slightly more attacking AI and a few different animations. I wrote on the epic Retro PES thread about how it possibly even surpasses PES 5.

Now, having played it extensively for a few more weeks, I'm here to tell you that PES 5 is STILL the best footy game ever made. WE9LE is great but I gradually found the certain aspects is not as good as PES 5.

The shooting is not as varied. Shots tend to go centrally a lot, making it easier for the keeper save. Maybe to balance this, I started to notice that the keepers are very vulnerable at their near-post.

Also the fatigue system, in Master League especially, is toned down compared to PES 5.

And I know some people hate them, but I actually missed all the fouls and how those harsh refs make you have to consider each and every challenge.

PES 5 - THE greatest footy game from the greatest era of footy games. We will never see the likes again.

I have been playing WE9LE a lot recently having long considered PES 5 the greatest footy game ever made.

WE9LE is indeed a tweaked PES 5. Less fouls, maybe slightly more attacking AI and a few different animations. I wrote on the epic Retro PES thread about how it possibly even surpasses PES 5.

Now, having played it extensively for a few more weeks, I'm here to tell you that PES 5 is STILL the best footy game ever made. WE9LE is great but I gradually found the certain aspects is not as good as PES 5.

The shooting is not as varied. Shots tend to go centrally a lot, making it easier for the keeper save. Maybe to balance this, I started to notice that the keepers are very vulnerable at their near-post.

Also the fatigue system, in Master League especially, is toned down compared to PES 5.

And I know some people hate them, but I actually missed all the fouls and how those harsh refs make you have to consider each and every challenge.

PES 5 - THE greatest footy game from the greatest era of footy games. We will never see the likes again.
Ive not really played the games yet..
Just been reading the threads and installing the most recommended ones.

Do you play the game on standard speed or slowed down slightly?
If I slow mine down I get more stuttering so that option is not an option for me.
If a veteran like yourself plays it on normal speed, then maybe im not missing out.

I have both installed.
If PES5 turns out to be the 'better' game I'm ok with that.
I think it has better presentation & of course fully English texts and commentaries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom