PC Window mode FPS/stuttering problem

lukas_rod

Championship
25 October 2007
Brazil
São Paulo FC
I have this problem since i started playing pes on PC, with pes 2012, 2011 and now PES 2013.

It's unplayable in window mode, it only gets 30fps and a lot of stuttering.

Is anyone able to get fluid PES on window mode?

It's virtually impossible to run any current game in window mode. Bunch of technical reasons that are not easy to explain but yeah.

The reason you have the FPS locked to 30 is because your desktop's refresh rate.

I am running PES 2013 on windowed mode without problems.

To be honest I even prefer it to full screen as it allows me to record better (no lag/stutter in game). Plus V-Sync only works in Full Screen mode ;).

Disable Frame Skipping in settings :P.

It's virtually impossible to run any current game in window mode. Bunch of technical reasons that are not easy to explain but yeah.

The reason you have the FPS locked to 30 is because your desktop's refresh rate.
So its Bill Gates fault not Seabass? That's a surprise :P
I am running PES 2013 on windowed mode without problems.

To be honest I even prefer it to full screen as it allows me to record better (no lag/stutter in game). Plus V-Sync only works in Full Screen mode ;).

Disable Frame Skipping in settings :P.
What about your fps, only 30?
Frame skipping is off but it does not changes much, the game runs horribly, I got stutter and inconstant game speed, some times slower and then suddenly like 2x faster for a moment.

Nope. Just default Nvidia drivers (latest). Running adaptive v-sync and triple buffering on.

As for specs they would be laughed off :P.

(E7200, 8800GT, 4GB Ram)

Runs smooth as butter tho. :)

WIN 7, but as working with Windows is my job, disabled hell lot of services and stuff I don't use. Maybe that's what cut it ;).

(get SMARTv2 and chose Moderate Tweaks).

Last edited:
info0, have you got a link for limiter mate ? Is it actually called limiter or fps limiter ?

Whats the point of it on pes. You can just use vsync which eliminates screen tearing as well.
Only useful in first person shooters games where vsync gives input lag on your mouse.

Hi guys dont want to hijack this thread but i bought pc lately for pes 2013.

AMD4100
MSI Motherboard
HD 6850 (AMD) graphics card with 8gb ram.

I can play game at 60FPS but on replay or when player entrance it drops to 24 to 30 fps.

I know there is problem with AMD/ATI cards. Does any body has a guide to show me how to fix stutter on AMD 6850 card?

Another question what recording software do u use to video pes 13. I am using fraps it records it HD but for only 30 secs and file size is always over 1gb.

I dont have a ATI Catlyst control panel so i dont know how to disable powerplay using control panel. I have AMD vision engine control centre.

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
Hi guys dont want to hijack this thread but i bought pc lately for pes 2013.

AMD4100
MSI Motherboard
HD 6850 (AMD) graphics card with 8gb ram.

I dont have a ATI Catlyst control panel so i dont know how to disable powerplay using control panel. I have AMD vision engine control centre.

Thanks in advanced

You should find your AMD vision control center by right clicking on your desktop screen.
In power settings you will find powerplay and disable.

You cannot disable ati powerplay within catalyst control centre or vision engine control center ( they are the same thing BTW,the only difference is branding...if you have AMD CPU & AMD/ATI GPU = vision engine control center...intel or other non AMD CPU + AMD/ATI GPU = catalyst control centre ).

The only way to disable powerplay is ...
1.With Afterburner...see & read here -> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906
2.Bios mod..upping the 2 clocks & voltage Not for the faint hearted & will void your warranty...so i won't explain how as i won't take responsibility, search google.
3.Upping the 2d clocks via the driver profiles config ... Tutorial here -> http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117633

The problem with a lot of ATI/AMD cards is that because the PES series is not very demanding on the GPU the card slips in & out of 2D/3D clocks causing a stutter... if you run GPU-Z whilst playing you'll see that the clocks are all over the place,..jumping in & out of 2D/3D clocks..& at the most your card will only be running at about 30% usage.See the screen-shot below...this is while i was playing the demo earlier...see the clocks graph & GPU usage & notice in the first screen how its slipped to video clocks 500/1200( whilst in gameplay ) & then back to 3D clocks 850/1200 in the second screen .. even the voltage has dropped to 1.1v & then back to 1.2v,all this combined is what causes the stutter.All my other games Assassins Creed series/Battlefield etc play fine...it's only ever Pes that gives me this problem.

The only way i have ever solved this since pes 2011 was with a bios mod setting all the clocks to 3D clocks & voltage,.. but as i have said "search google" for this as it can brick your card if done incorrectly.

Last edited:
The only way to disable powerplay is ...
1.With Afterburner...see & read here -> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906
Thanks for your explanation and the links. I already have msi afterburner but didn't know about that function, i will give it a try.

update: nothing changed. This 5770 is horrible when it comes to dated technologic games. I'm not being able to get constant 100 fps in a damn old game like counter strike 1.6, but Max Payne 3 was ok :RANT:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom