Who will win the UEFA Cup Final 07/08 ?

Who will win the UEFA Cup Final 07/08 ?

• Glasgow Rangers FC

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • FC Zenit St. Petersburg

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
I hope to see a good match.
I would prefer Zenith to win, because they play better football IMHO.

But on the other hand, it would be a good for Scottish football if Rangers win and it would be good for football in general if the toy team of Poetin and Gazprom gets beaten by a club with a much smaller budget...

And since i like both Scottish football and football in general...i'm not so sure...maybe it's better if Rangers win it.

feck me its getting messy in town now with all them sweaty socks...

i saw them drinking when i went to work this morning and they'll still be at it when i'm on my way home...

if rangers lose will they go home straight away??

if so come on zenith!!!

gerd Gazprom in Zenit since 1997 years, this team life for 5000000 city, Putin never it was interested in football or Zenit, you said the stupidity.

glasgow rangers football is AWFUL. Absolutely disgusting. Thats not Football... you stay 90min in your own half, only st.petersburg is playn

Last edited:
Been a little dissapointed with the Rangers fans tonight, considering the numbers they have there.
St Petersburg fans have been top drawer.

Well in terms of football I want Zenit to win because they play better but living in Manchester and seeing the Rangers fans today has made me want them to get something from it. The atmosphere was insane today.

CMS124051415_1024x768.jpg

i do not have the words

All adequates and good russian football fans were for Zenit today! Doesn't matter what team they support in RPL. Only pigs are against their country's team in european competitions.
Питер и Россию с победоЙ!

All adequates and good russian football fans were for Zenit today! Doesn't matter what team they support in RPL. Only pigs are against their country's team in european competitions.
Питер и Россию с победоЙ!

You should have been in the east end of Glasgow tonight my friend. You would have seen the worlds BIGGEST piggery:BY:

congrats to zenith..watch out for them in next years champions league if they can hold on to the same players on there squad..as for rangers blahhhh boring non attacking football they will never win anything in european competitions..they were lucky with fiorentina but there luck ran out tonight..they dont even belong on the same pitch as zenith

gerd Gazprom in Zenit since 1997 years, this team life for 5000000 city, Putin never it was interested in football or Zenit, you said the stupidity.

Here in Belgium all the media are saying that Zenith is THE team of Putin. I was supposing that was the truth...nothing more or less...

Beside that i withold my argument: look at the difference in budget look also at the ridiculous high fee the Zenith players will get for winning (450.000 euro against 75.000 euro if Rangers had won, i don't know what that is in Roebels...).

I saw the final and Zenith fully deserved to win, i like their attacking football, they scored to beautiful goals and with Lombaerts they eve nhave a Belgian player i like a lot. But the fact that money gets more and more important in modern football is not a good thing.

Rangers rode their luck the entire campaign but Zenit fully derserved to win.

It's just a shame a minority of Rangers fan have yet again tainted what should have been a great day for Rangers and Zenit fans alike.

Rangers rode their luck the entire campaign but Zenit fully derserved to win.

It's just a shame a minority of Rangers fan have yet again tainted what should have been a great day for Rangers and Zenit fans alike.

Embarrassed, one percent of a hundred thousand is one thousand. That percent be it more or less are shameful, scum. Congrats Zenit also also lot of respected to see the guard of honour.

Thought Rangers were pretty poor last night, hardly showed any attacking threat and Zenit looked far superior.

Poor game really :(

gerd is right, do you know that derby spent more this year then rangers.... and rangers had the chance to win 4 trophies... now possibly three, pretty amazing run by rangers

gerd is right, do you know that derby spent more this year then rangers...
:LOL: nice argument.
Zenit bought only Shirokov (he was attacking midfielder in his former club and now he is defender :DD), Faizulin (talanted player from small club but not outstanding) and Hubocan (he was unable to play in uefa cup) before this season.

Here in Belgium all the media are saying that Zenith is THE team of Putin. I was supposing that was the truth...nothing more or less...

Beside that i withold my argument: look at the difference in budget look also at the ridiculous high fee the Zenith players will get for winning (450.000 euro against 75.000 euro if Rangers had won, i don't know what that is in Roebels...).

I saw the final and Zenith fully deserved to win, i like their attacking football, they scored to beautiful goals and with Lombaerts they eve nhave a Belgian player i like a lot. But the fact that money gets more and more important in modern football is not a good thing.

Zenit actually lost 2 of their best defenders this season. Erik Hagen went to Wigan and Martin Skrtel went to Liverpool, both in January. They were also going to sell Pavel Mares (Czech) to Bolton, but in the end they sold him to Sparta. They sold Kerzakhov to Sevilla last year, and they sold Bystrov to Spartak.

The money from these sales was about £6.5m (Skrtel) and £5m (Kerzakhov), so they used this money to buy other players, like Tymoschuk and Tekke.

Denisov, born in Leningrad only played for Zenit
Arshavin, born in Leningrad only played for Zenit
Malafeev, born in Leningrad only played for Zenit
Pogrebnyak, signed from Tom Tomsk (small team)
Anyukov, signed from small club Sv. Samara...

I wanted Zenit to win because they played very attractive football. They were the best team to watch in terms of excitment this season in the whole of Europe, they were on a par with a South American team in terms of skill, passing ability and speed.

:LOL: nice argument.
Zenit bought only Shirokov (he was attacking midfielder in his former club and now he is defender :DD), Faizulin (talanted player from small club but not outstanding) and Hubocan (he was unable to play in uefa cup) before this season.

for one the zenit players get paid a lot more then rangers but the point was compared to bayern, spurs, and alot of other rich clubs, rangers did amazing in this toruney, zenit is not exactly a poor club.. cmon man..

I thought Tekke was quite poor last night. He constantly lost the ball and seemed to be on his own a lot. I'm a huge fan of Tymoshuck and hope he stays at Zenit, along with many of their other stars.

Back
Top Bottom