Tottenham Thread

You still think this?

No, he's improved a lot and credit goes to the manager and player for adapting (unlike Townsend).

He's still doesn't move the ball quickly enough but he's a key figure now.

He's still the most frustrating player though, if only he'd paid attention sooner.

Pocchetino is the best manager Spurs have had as long as i can remember.
Loosing him would be a major blow...
Agree with you that Dembele could move the ball more quickly.

On the other hand is the ideal anchor point to goive the ball to when the other players don't find an obvious solution. Then he can bring rest because he rarely looses the ball.

But like i already said: i'm not objective, i love him...

To me Alderweireld makes a major difference. Vertonghen and he have played CB together at Ajax and they know each other well.

On top of that he has this fantastic long pass...

And now something conrtoversial, i would have liked to see another striker. I don't really like Kane (i know, insane)...imo he's often too selfish...but admit that if yo usee his scoring abilities he has the right to be selfish...

I'm with you on the selfish part, it's very annoying, I hope he grows out of it.

[Alli through taking it around Given]
Martin Tyler "He's a great finisher..."
[misses open net from 3 yards]

haha

Spurs look good. Not sure it will be quite good enough in the end, tho it could come down to GD. Vardy likely to miss the Utd game as well.
Gonna be a very low points total if Spurs do win it.

I hope some Leicester players have seen this match. This must have made them doubt, because yesterday Spurs were very good.
Both Alii and Eriksen missed sitters. It could easilly have been 0-7. And Stoke isn't even a bad team. The team spirit is exceptional. It seems Pocchetino attaches much importante to team spirit. Not sure if Berahino is the right player for team spirit.

Anyway, what a great season for Spurs fans. There is a big chance they will not win it, and that is rather infuriating. On the other hand I love underdogs and Leicester are the ultimate underdogs....weird situation.

if Spurs keep their superstars like Alli, Kane and Eriksen, they could aim much higher than Berahino with all respect to him.

Spurs were superb last night. One of the best performances of any team this season. Hope they all stay together next season, and have a chance to really grow.

But Levy might get greedy...

Spurs were superb last night. One of the best performances of any team this season. Hope they all stay together next season, and have a chance to really grow.

But Levy might get greedy...

I also think that was a hell of a performance by the whole team...
If they can't keep together the team, Pocchetino will leave (he has had an offer for a renewed contract, but he don't want to talk about it for now, he wants to see if Levy can keep the squad toghter).

As a Spurs fan i might well be biased, but i'm more impressed with Spurs than with Leicester. However, if Leicester win it, they will have deserved it. After all Spurs only had 1 point out of 6 against Leicester...

Must be a great day for you as an Arsenal fan, now that your team is doing splendid but being barred by big spenders like Leicester and Spurs...

You must have a field day, being able to show schadenfreude just at the moment when your clubs rivals fans have the most disappointed day in their football fan life. Very wel ltimed postbebo, you should be very proud about yourself. Class!

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the above post, and now a more rational one.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that the team have missed.

I'm pretty sure this very young team (the youngest starting eleven of EPL) will progress and certainly if they can keep hold of the best manager of the division (according to Alex Ferguson).

Older Spurs fan are pointing out that the double team narrowly missed out being champions the season before the double. But i don't believe in that. i don't believe in those sentimental parallels and (more importantly) since then football has completely changed.

What happened this season teams like Leicester, Spurs and (don't forget them) West Ham United had an outstanding season. Why had they an outstanding season? Because they were very, very good themselves, but also (and more importantly) because clubs like Chelsea, Machester United and Manchester City failed for various reasons (if Kevin De Bruyne wouldn't have been injured, City would have won the league for example).

I'm pretty sure that City and Chelsea will massively invest and will have much better squads next season. If United have the good sense to get rid of LVG, they will also be much stronger next year.

Both Spurs and West Ham have imo considerable progression possibilities, but they will never progress as much as those big clubs. It might well be that clubs like Chelsea, City or United will have a slow start because they have a new team and new managers, and that Spurs or other clubs will have a good start. But in the end, the big clubs will overtake the good starters.

I'm pretty convinced that in my lifetime i will never see Spurs win the league. We should aim for cups (let's start modestly and go for the league cup). Hopefully we'll end in a CL place and can attract some quality players...

It was a fun season and the team massively overachieved, but in the end this is still a huge deception. I know that it's only football, but i would have been nice.

Nevertheless: all credit to Leicester...they deserved it. Hope they can keep the likes of Kanté and Mahrez (still not sure about Vardy). Maybe i underestimate them, but next season i don't see them ending in th top half of the table.

PS: i forgot Liverpool, they will also be a force to reckon with next season. In fact at the moment they ar probably the best team in the league with their best eleven.

Last edited:
Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Leicester, Liverpool, Utd, Spurs, West Ham will probably all be in the top 8 next season, with everyone barring West Ham having a shot at winning the league.

Spurs are a young side and a side well balanced. Along with Arsenal and Leicester they'll probably be the least changed first XI's after the summer.

Out of them all, I reckon Spurs are one of the likeliest teams to be back in the top 4 this time next season. They need to bulk up their squad rather than overhaul their team. A Kane backup is probably the most important bit of business

I agree about the need to bulk up the squad (players like Son and Chadli are decent EPL players, but not good enough for what Spurs aspire at the moment, i still have my doubts about Eriksen and Lamela too...at times they were great, they have been less good at other times, perhaps Spurs should buy players that can compete with them. And of course we need one or two forwards.

I think both Chelsea and City will fight for the title next season. I see West Ham as a possible dark horse. The new stadium may have the same effect it had on City and might attract rich owners and very good players... but i could be wrong...

Liverpool might also be considerably stronger if Klopp can attract good players and can have a pre-season with the squad.

after this season, i think any team will be again up for it to do a Leicester, even Leicester if the keep the core :) every team will buy new players,... West Ham will be strong in new stadium with new signings, and there will be again 10 teams very competitive imo... or even more.

Alli wins award on Sunday and loses the plot on Monday , he punches a unprovoked player...I think the pressure was too much :COOL: such a brilliant player and Spurs did well to lock`em down on 5yrs £50k a wk. He must have his grandma as his agent though.

Delle Alli will Always be a victim of his temper, he could have had several sendings off for things like revenge (never serious, but nevertheless).

I can see Real Madrid make their regular annual call to Levy and commence transfer talks for Kane and Alli as the top targets for them in the summer.

I hope Spurs keep hold of this squad but for sure, Levy will reap huge financial profit if either player are to move on.

For me it's not a given that Chelsea and United will be back as normal next season. Yes, they've got the money, but I don't think they can sign a lot of players who will instantly improve the team. And for all we know, players who DO look like they will be great won't fit like Di Maria.

City I'm more confident of because at the moment I believe they are more attractive to a player because of Guardiola, and they've also shown how good they can be this season if everyone's fit.

Must be a great day for you as an Arsenal fan, now that your team is doing splendid but being barred by big spenders like Leicester and Spurs...

You must have a field day, being able to show schadenfreude just at the moment when your clubs rivals fans have the most disappointed day in their football fan life. Very wel ltimed postbebo, you should be very proud about yourself. Class!
Lol who peed you off?

Anyways fuck arsenal. I hope we don't make top so Wenger goes. Could not care if your lot won the title or not.

Spurs are going forward while arsenal are stuck on a limbo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Things could be worse jonney...since september last year we have a litle bit of an unlucky period: my son got heavy psychotic problems (he's better now thanks to the medication), my father has cancer and can't be cured and in a couple of months my daughter will have surgery to her cheekbone, she will not be able to open her mouth for 6 to 8 weeks... The house we bought a year and a half ago needs a new roof...

Despite all this we laugh a lot, so things could have been worse...i'm doing ok all things considered...

How are you Jonney? You are one of the nicest persons on this forums...

Mauricio Pochettino to PSG: Tottenham manager admits it would be a 'dream' to join Paris club
The Argentine has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane following an impressive season

“I’ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG” Pochettino told French radio station RMC. “Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It’s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...uld-be-dream-to-join-paris-club-a7002461.html

I had heard this right after the match against WBA, that would be a huge loss.
Pocchetino once played for PSG, i can understand him, he has ties with that club...hope he stays a couple of seasons with Spurs.
I'm most impressed by the way he has worked with individual players and made them much better, Mousa Dembele is the best example.

That is the fate of a club like Spurs.

Well that is a serious anti-climax.
What a disgusting match. Spurs could have had at least 2 sending-offs.
3 quality goals in a battle.

Hazard made the difference. Oh and Arsenal will end before Spurs.

Lack of experience really. Could still have won the game but instead started lashing out.

Still, a very good team which will be there or there abouts next year

Back
Top Bottom