The banner saga

drekkard

International
23 March 2005
Barcelona
Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
I definitely advise you to play (and pay) this game created by an independent studio.

The gameplay It's a mix of conversation adventures, RPG, turn-based combat and strategy games, but with a lot of focus in the story and the character development. At certain points in the story, that features lots of choices and branching, you will fear the death of any character as it happens in "Game of thrones".

The experience is beautiful, engaging and deserving a try, and your money as well if you like it.

YouTube - The Banner Saga -- Launch Trailer

http://stoicstudio.com/

Thanks for the heads up, got this today and I'm currently playing Chapter 3.

I have to say I'm loving it to bits at the moment, can't believe how the game creates a connection between the player and the characters. The art design and the soundtrack are beautiful, the story is truly compelling (from what I've experienced until now), and the whole idea which the game was built around is great.

You have to play it, it's brilliant!

Last edited:
I will donwload it in a couple of weeks (too busy), i've been reading raving reviews about it and if drekkard recommends it, i know what to do...

Hope you all like it! It's a bit short but highly replayable. Hope you all like it.

PS: It's done in Flash, which is a really cheap technology, designed and programmed by a very small team, so kudos for them!

In one of the reviews i read the reviewer said that there will be sequels...if i remember well, it would be a trilogy...

Yes, it will. Mainly because this first part was done via crowfunding and had limited budget (the reason why it's a bit short and the end can feel a bit rushed).

I'm already eager to play the second part!

I'm definitely interested but waiting for a Steam sale, I think. Got too many other games and this should come up in the sale anyway.

33% off on Steam, time to buy.

SteamTrades is excellent, cost me £6.68 rather than £12.72 from Steam :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy the story parts of the game, but I can't really get my head around the combat. It's downright stupid and bad in my opinion. Best is to put it on easy and breeze through those silly combats and get on with the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom