Some quick questions!

mozipthanzab

Non-League
15 June 2003
Hey guys

I've sworn by Pro Evo ever since the good old days on Winning Eleven 5, but I'm now considering doing the unthinkable and passing up PES 2009 (I couldn't stand the 360 demo) and going for FIFA 09 instead.

So I can rest easy knowing that I've sold by soul to EA for the right reasons, can I get some help with the following FIFA 09 questions? Thanks in advance guys!

1. EDITING

What are the editing options like in FIFA? I've read that they're not as comprehensive as PES, but can you edit players appearances (faces, hairstyles, etc), stats and move them around between club teams with ease? Also, is it true that you can't fiddle with shirt numbers (e.g. if the game allocates David Villa with the number 3 jersey, there's nothing you can do about it)?

Can you also create clubs, players and club badges from scratch like in PES?

2. MANAGER MODE (MASTER LEAGUE)

Does the Manager Mode have FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup? Also, do promotions and relegations work as they do in real life (e.g. Championship teams are promoted to the EPL and EPL teams are relegated to the Championship)? One of my gripes with PES 2008 was that after a few seasons in Master League, my version of the EPL would be flooded with second division teams like Sparta Prague and Dynamo Kiev.

Thanks guys!

1. EDITING

What are the editing options like in FIFA? I've read that they're not as comprehensive as PES, but can you edit players appearances (faces, hairstyles, etc), stats and move them around between club teams with ease? Also, is it true that you can't fiddle with shirt numbers (e.g. if the game allocates David Villa with the number 3 jersey, there's nothing you can do about it)?
I don't think you can edit players appearances, that will need to be confirmed, same with stats. The shirt number thing is true and it's in Manager Mode, so if you buy David Villa for your team and the game gives him a number 3 shirt, he's stuck with it, yes.

Can you also create clubs, players and club badges from scratch like in PES?
I don't think so.

2. MANAGER MODE (MASTER LEAGUE)

Does the Manager Mode have FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup? Also, do promotions and relegations work as they do in real life (e.g. Championship teams are promoted to the EPL and EPL teams are relegated to the Championship)? One of my gripes with PES 2008 was that after a few seasons in Master League, my version of the EPL would be flooded with second division teams like Sparta Prague and Dynamo Kiev.
Manager Mode does have all the competitions you listed there. Promotions and relegations do work as in real life, though I believe the playoff system is only supported in England. But all those competitions do run, albeit sometimes on the same day, so you might have 2 matches on 1 day, thus leaving your players completely fatigued.

you can create players and sign them for your team. no clubs or badges though, maybe next year who knows.

the only thing you really need to know is that fifa is a far better game as far as gameplay goes and if you havent played it before the manager mode is pretty good. it has a few flaws of course but the only real big complaint that i have is that its the exact same as last year which wont be a problem for you.

Back
Top Bottom