SIFU [PC/PS5]

Yeah I have been eyeing it I have that $10 coupon on the Epic store but I am waiting to see if it is worth jumping into the game now.

This is the only game I've platinum'd so far.
This is how much I've loved it.

Although I suck at fighting games, this one felt so intuitive for me. It has a steep learning curve but it is so satisfactory once you learn the controls and slowly add new moves to your fighting game.

Visually it is immaculate, level design is amazing and character models are very well done. Although there are not many enemy types, they don't look the same and they will punish you mercilessly if you are not focused.

It might seem like it's a short game (only 5 levels) but it has a lot of replayability value. It took me a good 45 hours to 100% the game, and I have restarted it to challenge myself taking different paths and fighting in a different way.

Every hit feels powerful and the sound matches with it, and the soundtrack/original score fits perfectly.

This game is an absolute jewel, and I can't get enough from it.
The developers have been tweaking it to be even better and balanced, and it seems there is a roadmap in place to bring more content in the near future.

Give it a try, I totally recommend it.

Looks awesome. It's like a Souls like without weapons, and more technical in terms of movements.

I had seen this thread getting bumped up so decided to have a peek, It looks really interesting and not what I was expecting!

It looks like it has that Arkham Knight/sleeping Dogs combat system, but a brutally unforgiving learning curve, Am I correct?

I had seen this thread getting bumped up so decided to have a peek, It looks really interesting and not what I was expecting!

It looks like it has that Arkham Knight/sleeping Dogs combat system, but a brutally unforgiving learning curve, Am I correct?
That's correct, hope you have already played and enjoyed it by now

No I haven't actually, the problem is these days we're so spoiled for choice with games old and new, I got distracted and started playing several other games.

I'll check it out during the week though, the general setting looks interesting.
On PC, there are some cool mods, afaik.
Like a John Wick mod…

edit:

Last edited:
I am tempted to try this, now that it has easier difficulty options.

This is the most rage inducing, gamepad shattering, miserable feeling, suicide considering (just kidding) game I've played in a LONG time.

I generally ABHOR (with a passion) "roguelite" (or "roguelike", whatever) games like this. Although I have to admit that the aging process look kinda cool. But I don't think the upgrades make much of a difference in the long run, and both them and the XP progressing system are very badly implemented and even worse explained ingame (just my opinion, though).

I just hope that this new "easy mode" you mentioned makes something like the parrying windows to be more than half-a-frame button press, and not just more "generous" life / structure bar(s). I totally don't feel like returning to it, though.

Back
Top Bottom