Scoring Fullbacks AKA Stats Affecting CPU Sim

viktoristus

WE9LE
1 January 2009
I have a weird situation in WE9LE. Every league season I set up, there is always one or 2 fullbacks amongst the top scorers.

It's strange to see guys like Arbeloa or Ashley Cole with many goals.

And how to make CPU sim matches to make Ronaldo and Messi score? They end up the best Assist takers, but not scorers - and they don't have *Passing or *Playmaking, but *Scoring and *1-on-1 Scoring, neither are set up as corner kick takers.

I have a weird situation in WE9LE. Every league season I set up, there is always one or 2 fullbacks amongst the top scorers.

It's strange to see guys like Arbeloa or Ashley Cole with many goals.

And how to make CPU sim matches to make Ronaldo and Messi score? They end up the best Assist takers, but not scorers - and they don't have *Passing or *Playmaking, but *Scoring and *1-on-1 Scoring, neither are set up as corner kick takers.

Hmm.. interesting one regarding Messi and Ronaldo. What position does the CPU play them in?

When i edited PES5 i would do automatic sort for each team to see what position each player would automatically be picked to play in. If they were picked out of position i would take that position away from them, for example if Ronaldo was being picked as SMF then i would edit him so that he could no longer play in that position.

Or change theirs and other player's stats so that the correct team was picked.

Ronaldo is playing SS on the left, it's his registered position and only he and Callejon have this position available in Real Madrid - and the difference between their stats is obiously big, so CPU picks Cristiano. My RM formation doesn't have SMF (two DMF and one AMF) and then 3 strikers - SS (Ronaldo), WF (Di Maria) and CF (Higuain/Benzema).

Barcelona has 4-3-3 too, but with three SS in front.

So I don't think it's because of the position - Ashley Cole and the other scoring fullbacks have only SB (and sometimes WB) playable. And not many fullbacks score that often (especially not Ashley Cole).

I thought it wass probably more because of the "special stars" (maybe *Reaction?), but I couldn't be so sure about it, because some scoring SBs do not have it - and the same reason is for Attack/Response/Aggression above 70. Neither one of them (of those who scored in the tested seasons) has Shot Accuracy over 65. They also don't have any "high attack/low defense" set up in the formations (not any arrows).

Ronaldo is playing SS on the left, it's his registered position and only he and Callejon have this position available in Real Madrid - and the difference between their stats is obiously big, so CPU picks Cristiano. My RM formation doesn't have SMF (two DMF and one AMF) and then 3 strikers - SS (Ronaldo), WF (Di Maria) and CF (Higuain/Benzema).

Barcelona has 4-3-3 too, but with three SS in front.

So I don't think it's because of the position - Ashley Cole and the other scoring fullbacks have only SB (and sometimes WB) playable. And not many fullbacks score that often (especially not Ashley Cole).

I thought it wass probably more because of the "special stars" (maybe *Reaction?), but I couldn't be so sure about it, because some scoring SBs do not have it - and the same reason is for Attack/Response/Aggression above 70. Neither one of them (of those who scored in the tested seasons) has Shot Accuracy over 65. They also don't have any "high attack/low defense" set up in the formations (not any arrows).

I haven't tested a whole season yet as i am still editing. But when i have completed a team, i start a new ML (i don't play it, just start it) to check that all the team's players will appear in it.

After i have done that i select 'DATA/RECORDS/TOTAL GOALS AND ASSISTS' to check who has scored in their early games and a few times Ronaldo has been leading the goalscorers with about 9 goals, Messi was a bit lower with about 4. This isn't always the case but Ronaldo is always in the TOP RANKINGS page.

I hope you understand (i confuse myself sometimes :P), i don't play a full season, i just start a new ML and some games have already been played. So it is working ok when i check though they don't completely dominate.

I have Ronaldo as a left sided SS in a 2 man attack, and i have Messi as a CF behind two SS SS either side, though i might move him up a bit to see if he scores more.

I think with the SB's scoring, it may have something to do with the Aggression, maybe lower it a bit.

A question for you, is there a way to make a player free roaming? Would Side star and Center star do that or do you think they would cancel each other out?

Last edited:
Here is a link to my OF that i am working on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7497r69z3vm97g4

It is only an OF and not a patch.

The players in CAPITALS are the ones that have the correct stats.

I have converted it to WE9LE for you as i think that's what you normally use. If you want you could check or compare stats to see if they are similar.

You will be able to compare it very soon, when our patch from WEplayWE will be released. :)

I'll take a look at your OF.

And thanks for the tip about ML. Now I don't have to start a few matches with CPU vs CPU 5 min double speed. :D

@free roaming:
I don't really know to be honest.

Update:
Looked at your OF. What do you use as a base for your stats?

I wonder what exactly determines the "player talent" like Dogfighter, Play Maker, Ace Striker, etc. when you search in ML. Of course I have some tips and it's clear that to be Stronghold Guardian you need to have both *1on1 stopper and *Penalty stopper, but it would be nice to have it all clear.

Last edited:
I was playing WE9LE league on your website but i stopped because of the lagging I was getting. My user name with you is neba12. Ive been checking your site eagerly awaiting your patch. I wouldn't mind joining again once it is all up and running if that's ok?

I use pesstatsdatabase as a base but make some changes so that the CPU plays better in single player games. Here is a link to the changes I make http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66169, check out post 11.

I am also doing the formation for each team to try to add some realism.

I know you guys prefer WE9LE, but I am still siding (just) with PES5 on ps2 because I prefer the strictness of the ref.

Regarding the talent search I'm not too sure if I'm honest.

Back
Top Bottom