preseason football

preseason football

• i despise summer football and i'd rather let the coaches free to plan their training schedule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't really look foward to it, but hey, it's still better than nothing

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • i enjoy those friendlies and i'm glad i can watch some football in the offseason aswell

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

lo zio

International
24 October 2005
Palermo
i've been thinking about this lately... we all know a busy schedule is everything but good for a football team in summer.
ideally each club should plan just a few friendlies, against weaker teams, near the end of the preseason period, just to prepare the players to the rhythm of a football match. at least that's what professional coaches tell us.

and yet, the clubs usually don't give a damn about coaches's needs and plan an awful lot of friendlies and international mini tournaments all across the globe, wich are extremely profitables.

besides thsis also gives us a chance to watch some match ups between european big guns in a period (summer) with no major football tournaments running.

but since football fans are the real driving force of the whole thing, i was thinking to myself.... "do football fans really look foward theese matches?"

i'm not asking u if u think those matches are useful or not, from a financial or a technical point of view. i'd just like to know if u are happy to get some football action in summer or if u really couldn't care less.
:)

Last edited:
For the reasons you ask I don't really look forward to it. The games are rarely exciting, they are just a glorified training session. I think I could count one hand the amount of pre season games that I enjoyed. They are as you put it "still better than nothing", for that reason I still watch them. Its like sleeping with a female your not attracted to.

Out of all the Milan games this summer I only watched the one against Bayern. Will probably also watch the Berlusconi trophy tonight as I don't have anything else scheduled unless something pops up.

My opinion is, well, I watch them when I have free time. Good for new players to try some games before new season kicks off.

I love watchong the summer matches of my team, Barcelona. You can see the youngsters in action mixed up with the first team, you see the new players for the first time and all this against exotic teams all around the world. I like them alot, and I end up watching other teams too!

This year I've watched Barcelona, Madrid, Espanyol, Liverpool, Milan, Sevilla and some Inter matches. It's nice to know the other teams a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom