PC PES2014 In-game lag fix (Monitor Hz frequency setting)

pesmonkey2013

** CAUTION - FLAMMABLE **
30 November 2013
A TUMBLEWEED
Ahmad Abousamra FC
Hi,

I have been playing pes on XP for some time and moved over to win7 64bit (same rig). And under 7 the game in-game playing camera has been poor with jitter and stammer and panning lag. Under XP it ran extremely smooth. I tried all manner of things and today i tried one last thing which completely fixed it.

I hope others running game on lower end rigs in windows7 may try this to FINALLY sort out the lag. NOTE: this wont fix complete lag in cut scenes or replay editor but will smooth gameplay and instant replays, also this based on latest nvidia drivers.

My monitor runs at 75hz or 85hz based on resolution 1600x1200 etc or 1400x900. I tried stepping down windowed/lowest res and up and up and every setting lagged. So under nvidia control panel I went to "Change resolution" - I then selected the "customise" button. From here I forced my standard res mhz refresh rate down to what I know worked under XP and my other monitor and that was "60hz". You can step it down and test (check monitor manual so you set it within range).

So once I forced the refresh rate to 60hz and left Vsync to "application controlled" under 3d settings all lag vanished once in game ! :BOP: SO my final settings were 1600x1200 60hz in windows at the desktop and then 1600x1200 16:9 letterboxed in the game settings.

So anyone that seems to have inescapable lag when playing a match no matter what you try (even when lowering all graphics settings and playing windowed and still experience it), check your monitor manual, and step through custom resolutions that your monitor can handle, and then set the lowest refresh rate 60hz for me seemed to be the solution. Then apply if its ok, and run the game, make sure game graphics settings are MATCHING the same screen res (16:9 letterbox also) and test, remember to set "vsync" to "application controlled" as well.

Seems this engine doesn't like certain refresh rate combinations and screen res sizes, once you hit a sweet spot custom res/hz I bet you will suddenly see the end to lag.

Also note I dont use injectors or any expanded settings tools, just normal pes setting.exe and nvidia control panel.

Give it a go, you may also find you get even more smooth play even if you get minor lag.

Last edited:
Re: PES2014 In-game lag (Possible fix)

Hi,

I have been playing pes on XP for some time and moved over to win7 64bit (same rig). And under 7 the game in-game playing camera has been poor with jitter and stammer and panning lag. Under XP it ran extremely smooth. I tried all manner of things and today i tried one last thing which completely fixed it.

I hope others running game on lower end rigs in windows7 may try this to FINALLY sort out the lag. NOTE: this wont fix complete lag in cut scenes or replay editor but will smooth gameplay and instant replays, also this based on latest nvidia drivers.

My monitor runs at 75hz or 85hz based on resolution 1600x1200 etc or 1400x900. I tried stepping down windowed/lowest res and up and up and every setting lagged. So under nvidia control panel I went to "Change resolution" - I then selected the "customise" button. From here I forced my standard res mhz refresh rate down to what I know worked under XP and my other monitor and that was "60hz". You can step it down and test (check monitor manual so you set it within range).

So once I forced the refresh rate to 60hz and left Vsync to "application controlled" under 3d settings all lag vanished once in game ! :BOP: SO my final settings were 1600x1200 60hz in windows at the desktop and then 1600x1200 16:9 letterboxed in the game settings.

So anyone that seems to have inescapable lag when playing a match no matter what you try (even when lowering all graphics settings and playing windowed and still experience it), check your monitor manual, and step through custom resolutions that your monitor can handle, and then set the lowest refresh rate 60hz for me seemed to be the solution. Then apply if its ok, and run the game, make sure game graphics settings are MATCHING the same screen res (16:9 letterbox also) and test, remember to set "vsync" to "application controlled" as well.

Seems this engine doesn't like certain refresh rate combinations and screen res sizes, once you hit a sweet spot custom res/hz I bet you will suddenly see the end to lag.

Also note I dont use injectors or any expanded settings tools, just normal pes setting.exe and nvidia control panel.

Give it a go, you may also find you get even more smooth play even if you get minor lag.

I can give you my modded exe too (no gameplay or other stuff touched).

No modded EXE's for me, apart from fileloader im trying to stay away from too many exe edits to be honest.

As an update I have found its also smoother at 1600x900 for both at 60hz, I still find odd things. For example under XP cut scenes were pretty smooth, gameplay was smooth but instant replays were very laggy, replay playback mode was smooth with minor lag. Under 7 gameplay is smooth, instant replays are smooth cut scenes & replay playback are far more laggy than XP.

I guess with older systems you just cant win, but at least gameplay and instant replays are fine and I can settle for that seeing as thats be basis of most your time playing.

I'm glad that you have found at least medium ground you're happy with. Maybe with Windows 7 you could squeeze some more juice from your older rig if you disable visual themes and desktop composition for pes2014.exe specifically?

Man thank you so much !! You're a genius, I love you !!!!

8iizb.jpg

^^ LOL :)

Not sure If I helped or that was just a comedy post? If it does help please post back your settings and end results just incase others see it.

I finaly smoothed out replays/cut scenes (with minor jitter that I think comes with konami anyway on most rigs) to the point its actually now better and smoother than under XP finally.

1. Set a manual resolution to 1600x900 at 60 hz.
2. Nvidia control panel everything to default or game settings and no overrides apart from Vsync set to "on". No tripple buffering or AA set (just set to game settings only).
3. Overclocked CPU to 15% that it can do (this was just optional mainly it was smooth before but it all helps).
4. Set game settings for PES to 1600x900 16:9 no letterbox.
5. Set your pes2014.exe process under task manager to "high" (use this tool to make it permanent:
http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

So now rather than in escapable camera pan lag and stutter and cut scenes that would jump and slllloooooooowwww dooooooown and then be normal and slow again, plus jumpy jolty playback in the replay playback mode ... all has been quashed.

So yeh, if you are one of those people having this issue and nothing seems to work, setting custom resolution and down setting monitors hz seemed to work well on this engine.

Last edited:
I solved every lag and stuttering problems just putting HIGH PRIORITY to PES2014 exe after lunch it...just go to TASK MANAGER/SHOW ALL USER APPLICATIONS/MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON on PES EXE/HIGH PRIORITY...
ENJOY IT

I actually forgot to say to do this, my lag issue would not budge setting process high, even running 800x600 windowed mode low graphics setting! Thats how bad it was, nothing would shift the lag which was the same amount and the same places despite any setting. Soon as I forced hz of monitor things changed different results for many but this is for anyone that had tried everything and still gets lag.

So yes, also set priority of your process to high.

To expand on that people should try "prio" windows tool:

This integrates with windows task manager so you can force a process to high or low and its remembers, also the CPU load and on what core etc. Very useful for lots of processes that you want to prioritise and have the sytem remember the settings (like for pes etc).

http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

1372796843prio4.gif

Back
Top Bottom