PES 2014 VS 15 VS 16

This is a tough question, but after thinking about it for a bit, I'd have to go:

1. 2014
2. 2016
3. 2015

The reasoning is quite simple: I think PES 2014 has the best gameplay out of all three installments. It has some glaring flaws (lack of rain or even cloudy weather especially stands out, as well as barebones ML and an "unfinished overall feel"), but the gameplay itself is quite enjoyable, with a lot of heaviness and emphasis on physicality., with a nice pacing to the matches. I've had some great matches in this edition, and I also quite enjoy one-bar passing here, an intermediate pass assistance of sorts, similar to Semi passing in FIFA.

PES 2016 comes next for me. A solid title, accessible and quite fun to play but with one noteworthy weakness: Goalkeepers. Increasing some stats and tweaks seems to improve the GK's, but not to the point where they are realistic (seems like you have to make the GK's 90+ to see a major difference, and this messes up the salaries in ML). Thankfully, the GK issue was resolved in PES 2017. Still, under the right conditions, it can be a very enjoyable title if you accept the flawed GK's as part of the game, and just go with the flow. I also love the fact that a fully licensed Copa Sudamericana (actually two of them, 2014 and 2015 Suda!) is available in this edition.

And lastly, PES 2015: This is a good title as well, gameplay wise. But it has one flaw that to me ruins the game: The Master League/Cup simulated CPU scores in anything over 10 minutes (which I personally find too short a duration) are WAY too high. For example, if you play 15 minutes, you will get simulated scores of 5-3, 6-4 etc.. And this to me is a gamebreaker. It's quite a shame because the game is quite solid in terms of playability on the field, but unfortunately this CPU simulated high scores glitch pretty much ruins the immersion for me. To date, it's the only PES I have uninstalled.

So there you go, that's my personal ranking of these three editions. :)

Last edited:
2014 needs a rain mod, I think if this is ever released it would add tons to the game! Unfortunately, PES 2014 is not a popular title, so the chances of this happening are pretty slim. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom