MLB the Show 23

I am currently enjoying this very much. It gaves me feelings like old PES games since I discovered something new every time I play that game.

Maybe it's because I am not really a Baseball fan and with playing this game I am also learning the rules and discovering that baseball is actually pretty entertaining and interesting game.

I am really enjoying franchise mode with rebuilding team and trying to scout for best talents and play for the future. I would say that franchise mode is much more deeper than any other franchise mode in any other sport game I played (NHL, FIFA, PES, ...). Apart from management's games of course

I have played this series ever since the beginning. I play baseball myself since I was 7 years old. I'm 54 now so I dare to say I know the sport very well.

Mlb the show kept increasing and adding stuff every year.

At one point they had :

- year to year saves : you could continue a franchise of let's say mlb 19 on mlb 20.
- you could at sounds to the game, making or downloading your own stadium sounds, and walk up music for the batters
- it had season mode, where you could play a shorter season if you wanted (standard season length is 163 games)
- it had a roster transfer option, so you could load rosters from a previous version and play it on the latest one

All this has been deleted year by year. This means less classic rosters as the roster makers need to start from scratch every time.
Sounds of the show is gone on ps5, still there on ps4 though.

Gameplay is very good, but this game has more and more bugs at launch, which really was not the case in the past.
If you like baseball, just buy it!

But for me after buying it year after year, I don't do it anymore.

This game is the same as every other sports title : focus has shifted to the online card collecting ultimate teamish mode, and offline dinosaurs like me are being neglected....since we are not the target audience they make the game for.
They just go for the money.

End of rant.

I have played this series ever since the beginning. I play baseball myself since I was 7 years old. I'm 54 now so I dare to say I know the sport very well.

Mlb the show kept increasing and adding stuff every year.

At one point they had :

- year to year saves : you could continue a franchise of let's say mlb 19 on mlb 20.
- you could at sounds to the game, making or downloading your own stadium sounds, and walk up music for the batters
- it had season mode, where you could play a shorter season if you wanted (standard season length is 163 games)
- it had a roster transfer option, so you could load rosters from a previous version and play it on the latest one

All this has been deleted year by year. This means less classic rosters as the roster makers need to start from scratch every time.
Sounds of the show is gone on ps5, still there on ps4 though.

Gameplay is very good, but this game has more and more bugs at launch, which really was not the case in the past.
If you like baseball, just buy it!

But for me after buying it year after year, I don't do it anymore.

This game is the same as every other sports title : focus has shifted to the online card collecting ultimate teamish mode, and offline dinosaurs like me are being neglected....since we are not the target audience they make the game for.
They just go for the money.

End of rant.
At least the sport is represented well gameplay wise. I'm still on The Show 20 on PS4 whenever I want my baseball fix and still can use sounds of The Show. It's unacceptable having basic features removed year after year. It's like not trying to advance as a society and going back to medieval ages. Oh wait this is happening also. šŸ˜”

At least the sport is represented well gameplay wise. I'm still on The Show 20 on PS4 whenever I want my baseball fix and still can use sounds of The Show. It's unacceptable having basic features removed year after year. It's like not trying to advance as a society and going back to medieval ages. Oh wait this is happening also. šŸ˜”

Yeah I'm also still playing the show 20. That is also a great game, it has loads of classic rosters and sounds of the show.

But i agree, gameplay wise the show 23 is great, but not enough difference to keep buying it year afer year

I still have possibility to download stadiums in The Show 23 (XBOX series) and stadium editor is pretty complex. I think other sport games can be envy about that.

But as I said, I have no past expierience with The Show games and shift to the online gaming is sad to hear.

Back
Top Bottom