Marvel's Spider-Man 2 [PS5] / PC in 2026

Game is getting some really good reviews, but that is fully expected given it is an exclusive title.

My preload is now complete and will hopefully have some time available next week to start playing the game.

There is no indication yet about the length of the game, but has been mentioned to be around 20-25 hours - Which for me is potentially too long for a game as repetitive as Spider-Man.

I recently started Spiderman 2018 on the PS5 for the first time and was blown away by how good it is. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but the production, story, combat and swinging is top tier, I could see why it was such a success. Really looking forward to the DLCs and then Miles Moralis before picking this one up down the line.

My only complaint about Spiderman 1 is the side missions and collectathon stuff gets repetitive fast but most of them are necessary for upgrades. I hope this all gets improved going into Miles and then Spiderman 2.

I recently started Spiderman 2018 on the PS5 for the first time and was blown away by how good it is. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but the production, story, combat and swinging is top tier, I could see why it was such a success. Really looking forward to the DLCs and then Miles Moralis before picking this one up down the line.

My only complaint about Spiderman 1 is the side missions and collectathon stuff gets repetitive fast but most of them are necessary for upgrades. I hope this all gets improved going into Miles and then Spiderman 2.

The side missions in Miles are the same and the story isn't as strong.
It is still a good game as it is more of the same and was just nice to play another Spidy game a couple of years ago.

The only massive problem with Miles, is when you get the a certain suit (Believe it is the Venom suit) about half way through the game, after that moment it seems you just been given a cheat code and the game becomes incredibly easy.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 105341.jpg
Not looking to shabby, eh.
Apparently there are virtually no load times when fast travelling. Truly the biggest jump from the generation before on consoles.

Day one for me, will probably platinum it as well.

Last edited:
Sounds promising now.
Main story is around 15 hours long and the actual game has around 40 hours of content to do 100%.

That perfectly suits me fine, as I was personally getting worried with the main story being around 25-30 hours long.

I enjoy Spider-Man but if the story was going to be 25 hours long then I probably would of been bored by 13-16 hours and probably would of quit and gone back to it in a couple of months.
Which is a massive no, with this game as when you leave it for a couple of weeks you completely forget the combat.

Last edited:
So far only completed the prologue as wanted to have a quick game of it.

The opening is pretty decent and reintroduces you to the combat.

Gameplay is identical to the previous instalments but going from the PC version to PS5, wow the graphics and smoothness are going to take some getting used to.

Quite a way through this now and starting to get tired of it.

It might be that I have been trying to binge play it over this weekend and had 3 days where played it quite solidly.

But starting to get bored of it, the story is pretty decent and nothing not seen in Spider-Man before.

However the missions are getting very repetitive and it is essentially the same game mission after mission, but they just put more enemies in the game.
So now it is just a mess of having to fight 20 guys at once and some robots, it is just pretty boring and repetitive.

It is still a pretty decent game, but not worth the massively high review scores it is receiving and Spider-Man is still the best of the lot.

Finished the game on 68% completion.

Story is decent and is definitely the strong point of the game.
The gameplay is the same as the previous games and doesn't change anything too much.
The downside is some of the boss battles are pretty boring and go on for 3/4 stages in some segments, so repeating the same thing 3/4 times is very repetitive especially if you die a few times.

The massive plus is the game is incredibly fun for the 15 mins you get to play as Venom

I'm about to give up on Alan Wake 2. The game really shines on presentation and music and that's it. Everything else is very questionable. This clues case wall feature is ridiculous and pointless. The FBI lady protagonist has no character at all. She's so calm all the time despite all the supernatural incidents happening, it doesn't make any sense. It's so anticlimactic. I really had enough with the investigation of clues/letters to move the story forward. If you miss a clue you're going back and forth, it's exhausting.
Future buyers be aware, don't go blindly trusting the reviews from content creators or major gaming websites. The game is good, the production levels are 100 times better than what Hollywood offers today (they were crap always anyway), but it's not a 10/10 game. It's a proper 7/10 game, music is 10/10.

Since I didn't buy this day one like I planned I'm going to hold out utill closer to Christmas, I have a dental appointment on the 27th and am planning to have this waiting for me to try when I get home. I should be finishing it around Christmas then which will make SM: Miles Morales (you know, the game that actually takes place during the Christmas season) be the only Spider-Man I didn't play at this time of year.

Playing this the now and have to say it's one of the best games I've played .

Loving the story, yeah the action can be samey, but some of the side missions are absolutely fab, some little sad/emotional ones too.

Brilliant ao far.

FD

Playing this the now and have to say it's one of the best games I've played .

Loving the story, yeah the action can be samey, but some of the side missions are absolutely fab, some little sad/emotional ones too.

Brilliant ao far.

FD
It's a great game for sure, I talked some about it in the "what have you been playing thread". What a gamechanger the wingsuit is. Has to be the most fun "flying" I have done in a game.

Back
Top Bottom