GTA IV Freezes?

Joystick

Deep like Titanic
10 August 2004
London
The Arse
My GTA IV keeps freezing up :((

It's happened about five times now, all at random times and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I thought it might have been just after you complete a mission but it's happened twice in cut scenes :MAD:

Fortunately, thanks to GTA IV's bitesize mission structure it hasn't impeded my progress or enjoyment too much, as at worst I just have to restart the mission I was doing when it froze, but it's pretty annoying all the same. Anyone else have the same problem? I'm playing the 360 version and my box doesn't freeze on any other games.

Seems its happening to quite a few people, both on the 360 and ps3. Doesnt seem to be a solution just yet though.

Funnily enough my game wouldn't load at all for the first few days was totally gutted, know i havn't had a crash for a while at all, seems to be pretty random, seems like it will either crash alot for a bit or it will be smooth sailing for a while.

Rockstar and Sony plans to patch the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV today to improve the multiplayer experience.

Speaking to Eurogamer, a Sony source explained that the patch would help by "reducing the loads on the servers at GameSpy and hopefully the completely random hangs that some users have seen".

PS3 owners who bought GTA IV last week have had to endure problems connecting to the multiplayer service almost from day one.

What's more, some reported random crashes, for which Rockstar suggested that erasing game data and reinstalling as a possible solution.

No crashes for me, but quite a lot of slowdown at time :((.

Glad the patch is coming today!

Had to quote you Tim for the pic of Chrissy Powell... what a legend! Came to our Play-Off final and sat with the fans. True Southend legend!

GTA crashed for me today 4 times (ps3) - the final time when i tried to restart the disc is gave me an error code '80010514' - i tried rockband and the same code.

So the bloody thing has now destroyed my ps3 and im having to wait until sometime next monday for a replacement

bastard

No - ive had ridiculous pop up/rendering randomly once or twice - i looked behind me in a car - then as i released the button and the camera went back ahead of me there was nothing but white and grey buildings for a split second then everything faded into place

I've had slow down now and again when lots of things are happening and lots of explosions

and with the online mode being a complete fuck up not stat tracking and crashing while loading... the last crash was as it was sending back into the single player mode - and i guess as it was loading my save it crashed and that screwed up my HDD

And funnily enough - to make it worse - they're patching GTA today (if not today very soon) as well to fix this!

Has anyone with a 360 tried clearing the cache? It deletes the game updates (not your settings or game saves)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586

I'm not having problems (yet, but it did take a bit longer to load a few missions the other day), though people are suggesting this on the xbl forum.

Last edited:
Chris Powell will always be a Derby legend :))

I remember when he scored a goal in a testimonial and ran to a stand that was still being built celebrating pretending there were fans in it :LOL:

I used to clear the cache when i had 'Just Cause' and 'Oblivion' crashing as lot and it did help things along - the games would load faster and wouldnt have the bad pop in i was getting... but a few days would go by and it would start playing up again

Back
Top Bottom