GRID Legends [All Platforms]

Isslander

Gordon's alive!
3 August 2003
Iceland
Liverpool
The trial went live recently and I am currently downloading. Took me a bit to find it though, (on PS5) I had to pick the deluxe version, then press the three dots and pick 'PS5' from the list and then the trial version was suddenly there.

I loved the Toca Touring Cars games from Codemasters back in the day, here's hoping for a bit of that magic back.

I wonder how you guys who don't play with steering wheels deal with gear shifting? I used to use L2 and R2 back when the pedals were on the face buttons. L1 and R1 never felt quite right for me, but maybe I just haven't given myself enough time to get used to it.

Last edited:
really annoying sound mixing, cut scenes are mono channel on my headset & very quiet on my sonos speaker.

other than that fun little game

I like that you can at any time run into a stopped or slowed down car that has made a mistake.

I got it free with EA Access or whatever that shit's called today and thought it was really, really good. Even if Codemasters are nobsacks.
I agree. I think this is the best GRID game since the original one. I wish though they brought back the TOCA series with full championships.

I agree. I think this is the best GRID game since the original one. I wish though they brought back the TOCA series with full championships.
Does this new game get chaotic like the original, one of the reasons i loved the first one, also does it give you an option to have a team mate

Does this new game get chaotic like the original, one of the reasons i loved the first one, also does it give you an option to have a team mate
Yes you have a teammate at least through the story I'm playing right now. It gets chaotic because the AI makes mistakes, maybe too many of them but it's an arcade racer and adds to the fun.

Yes you have a teammate at least through the story I'm playing right now. It gets chaotic because the AI makes mistakes, maybe too many of them but it's an arcade racer and adds to the fun.
thats awesome, thats why i like the first one, not a fan of the serious racing games.

I was in a mood for a little arcade racer but something that wasn't FH4/5 as I played them to death already.
I was looking at Project cars 3 (I know it has bad reviews but am intrigued by it as an arcade racer becuase I enjoyed PC2 but playing w a controller was good but not great and PC3 seems to have great controller support)

Have to say I was really surprised at how fun I had in the little time I played it. I'm trying to make it a bit more difficult but seems like a fun little racing game

Would anyone comment on this vs other arcade racers (just sit and play for a quick race):
Grid 2019
NFS Heat
Project Cars 3

I was in a mood for a little arcade racer but something that wasn't FH4/5 as I played them to death already.
I was looking at Project cars 3 (I know it has bad reviews but am intrigued by it as an arcade racer becuase I enjoyed PC2 but playing w a controller was good but not great and PC3 seems to have great controller support)

Have to say I was really surprised at how fun I had in the little time I played it. I'm trying to make it a bit more difficult but seems like a fun little racing game

Would anyone comment on this vs other arcade racers (just sit and play for a quick race):
Grid 2019
NFS Heat
Project Cars 3

GRID 2019 as the predecessor is essentially the same game.

NFS Heat is fun, but it's obviously a street racing game, so it's different. You need to invest some time in progressing with the story and upgrading your cars there.

I never played Project CARS 3, but it should be pretty similar to GRID. It has a lot more real race tracks and you can upgrade your cars.

Back
Top Bottom