FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

TV size makes more of a difference to me this year than ever before.

I play this at a friend's house on a 46" TV, and on "slow", it feels slow (and stays slow). On my 55" TV, it doesn't ever feel as slow.

Either that or the fact that he's got a clean install / slider settings etc. and rarely plays offline has done something special to his game...

Patch notes:-

V8J6tvm.jpg

Right probably going to get slated but ps4 just updated ..ive got back to default sliders felt fantastic, slower pace..let the placebo comments begin

I agree and i can actually tackle again. Bezt this games felt to me.
Legendary default sliders slow pace.
Im normally a pes player but that game is so basic now. It looks terrible on my pro on 4k monitor compared to fifa,

I play on legendary with no sliders and love it every game feels slightly different especially dependent on the teams current form and league position wether it’s me creating chance after chance against poor opposition or really having to defend Carefully and take my chance when they come along vrs tonight opposition especially in the cups.

My point is the ppl obsessed with sliders are trying to capture a constant movable object and even if you change somthing and play a game thinking finally I’ve fixed it the next few games could play out completely different and vice versa I really think they have created the beginning of a magnificent AI team and player uniqueness mechanic this year that you guys will never capture the perfect sliders. Default is great

Also regarding the difficulty debate with legendary vs world class it reminds me of the top player vs superstar debate on pes during the PS2 days ppl loved top player because the AI would defend well but they wouldn’t attack either and it was just you playing to win 1-0 2-0 etc.

But like superstar in pes (my choice) in legendary on fifa the AI actually attacks you which leaves space for passing, movement and counter attacks etc therefor making it more fun and much fairer

What passing assistance (if any) are people using?
I'm on assisted - love the mechanics of semi, but your AI teammates ruin it by just not being able to predict where your pass is going to go, IMO. You end up with players moving forwards (away from the ball) and by the time they're under your control and moving backwards (towards the ball), the AI's got it.

Which is great, occasionally, but it happens to me constantly throughout every match (probably because I'm not great at semi passing)...

I play on Semi Assisted on everything..

I don't like Auto as the game is all ping pong instant one touch passing, and shooting is too accurate.
I also don't like manual as passing just goes off everywhere too randomly.

I am on default sliders, legendary and assisted and really enjoying the game.

At the moment I am mainly playing FUT offline battles and online leagues.

Most of the time it is fun, only crappy when you come up against teams with Ronaldo, Messi and other crazy players really don't understand how people get the coins to buy all of these players??!!). But most of the time they have good teams with the odd star in it which is fine.

Online can drive me crazy, but for some reason I am a glutton for punishment. I usually lose online, but when I win it is great :-)

Also offline with legendary I fight for every win which makes it so much more enjoyable.

SAY WHAT?!
FIFA 19: We may not be seeing a new game next year

EA CEO Andrew Wilson says the publisher may be moving away from a traditional cycle

By Talal Musa
14th November 2017, 11:35 am

but that could soon be about to change.

In a recent interview with Bloomberg, EA’s CEO, Andrew Wilson, hinted the publisher could move away from an annual release cycle and towards an update and subscriptions model.

Full article:
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming/357638/fifa-19-release-date/

SAY WHAT?!
FIFA 19: We may not be seeing a new game next year

EA CEO Andrew Wilson says the publisher may be moving away from a traditional cycle

By Talal Musa
14th November 2017, 11:35 am

but that could soon be about to change.

In a recent interview with Bloomberg, EA’s CEO, Andrew Wilson, hinted the publisher could move away from an annual release cycle and towards an update and subscriptions model.

Full article:
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming/357638/fifa-19-release-date/

Read about that a while ago, but won't happen anytime soon.

Personally I would rather have a game which is constantly updated and worked on, for a say a monthly fee to play the game.

I would rather see a game evolve over time, than have a new FIFA every year where the gameplay is better/worse, then they patch the game for 3 months, and you stuck with the end product in January.

Wouldn't most people prefer a game where there was a new gameplay patch every month?

Wouldn't most people prefer a game where there was a new gameplay patch every month?
If every patch meant a universally-accepted "better game", I'd agree.

For me, there are two big fanbases - FUT guys (including kids), and the rest of us. The former are getting their desires, the latter are dragged along for the ride with whatever changes are made for them.

It'd make more sense to me to separate FUT and everything else into separate games or subscription models - something people have said for years now.

Read about that a while ago, but won't happen anytime soon.

Personally I would rather have a game which is constantly updated and worked on, for a say a monthly fee to play the game.

I would rather see a game evolve over time, than have a new FIFA every year where the gameplay is better/worse, then they patch the game for 3 months, and you stuck with the end product in January.

Sure. I'd want that too (if properly implemented). Downside is they can hold you hostage anytime they want though.

Because if you are not happy with the updates they are giving you (kids will complain if their starthead doesn't have a 3D scanned face, I will complain if night lighting sucks, someone else will complain if players positioning isn't properly implemented) and you decide to cancel your monthly fee, you'll probably not be able to play anymore. So you would never "own" the product.

We all have different criteria of what FIFA or PES need in order to become the perfect football game. So if I was paying a monthly suscription and they won't fix what I want in, say, the next 6 months I would cancel it. EA wouldn't even care. But in the process, I won't be able to play the game anymore-

A different model for each would be the best outcome..

I only play the game single player - Use to play online but didn't find it very fun, everyone playing on Auto doing ping pong passing and shooting and scoring from 40 yards.

I would love the game to have better AI, in lots of departments and a career mode that doesn't have to match FM, but least had some options - Maybe like making the career mode a bit like Ultimate Soccer Manager (if anyone remembers this from the Amiga days).

Career mode could be massively improved with just a few tweaks IMO, which I have posted previously, so won't go over again - And a small dedicated team making these changes would work.

Sure. I'd want that too (if properly implemented). Downside is they can hold you hostage anytime they want though.

Because if you are not happy with the updates they are giving you (kids will complain if their starthead doesn't have a 3D scanned face, I will complain if night lighting sucks, someone else will complain if players positioning isn't properly implemented) and you decide to cancel your monthly fee, you'll probably not be able to play anymore. So you would never "own" the product.

We all have different criteria of what FIFA or PES need in order to become the perfect football game. So if I was paying a monthly suscription and they won't fix what I want in, say, the next 6 months I would cancel it. EA wouldn't even care. But in the process, I won't be able to play the game anymore-

Myself personally, I don't have an issue with the graphics..

I just really want basic things added and changed to the Career Mode, which would massively improve the experience for me - Instead I got a really crap managers office to negotiate transfers which after doing 2 transfers then becomes such a rubbish part of the game - but you can't delegate as then the players don't that often sign.

Myself personally, I don't have an issue with the graphics.. I think on PC 4K it looks pretty good.

I just really want basic things added and changed to the Career Mode, which would massively improve the experience for me - Instead I got a really crap managers office to negotiate transfers which after doing 2 transfers then becomes such a rubbish part of the game - but you can't delegate as then the players don't that often sign.

I said graphics ("night lighting" actually) just to say something. I think graphics are fine too, specillay on a 4K.
I could have said "more fouls" or "more human AI specially defensively) or "better dribbling".

For example, FIFA 18 is pretty close to being a very enjoyable representation of football, but I CAN'T GET PAST AN AI PLAYER! Not even with the best dribblers of the game. You have to either stop, turn around and go some other direction, or pass the ball. But you just can't fool the AI. What would happen if this happened in a monthly paid game? Wouldn't I want that fixed ASAP? I'd want that fix within two months or I would cancel their asses. But what would I get by cancelling the suscription? I wouldn't be able to play anymore.

At least this way we are able to mod the game ourselves and start fixing thing by thing whatever's annoying to us.

For example I've downloaded an edited Database which slows the game down. It has Sprinting, Acceleration, Agility and Reaction values globally decreased for every player. Great! Now all I need is to figure out a way to make the AI not perfect at dispossessing me every single time I try to dribble/wrong foot them.

Now all I need is to figure out a way to make the AI not perfect at dispossessing me every single time I try to dribble/wrong foot them.
Yeah I have to agree.

I never dribble - I can't get used to the "trick stick" for a start - so I prefer to pass it around. But playing with a friend who loves to dribble, it's easy to see why he thinks this is the worst FIFA for years. The AI (which, by the way, it was claimed is "more human" this year) wins the ball off him every time.

if you are struggling with dribbling and passing the AI increase the acceleration by 1 for user, it helps but doesnt make it too easy. For me it makes the reaction time slightly faster so you can shift the ball a bit quicker then have a better chance of passing. That said the right stick is very useful and not just a "trick button". Judging the the defender movement and using the feint to wrong foot the defender is very useful

Legendary is definitely more fun than world class. However, the scripting is still there. Just played as Arsenal against Huddersfield at the Emirates and they won every header and finished with 63% possession. No matter what I tried they had me covered and won 1-0. Infuriating!

Career Mode on this is still far too easy, even on Legendary.

I filled in the EA feedback form earlier stating that they really need to work on the AI still.

Game looks so weird as well, too many dodgy lighting matches, sepia/too dark most of the time.

On legendary pre patch I was doing ok , full manual, finished 10th in season. Since patch I've lost 4-0 , 4-1 ..the AI seems ruthless in front of goal and semi passing feels like manual

I'll try that ..last night I saw some simple square passes roll out of touch because the slight correcton on semi just wasnt there

Back
Top Bottom