FIFA 09 Dribbling for PES Addicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozipthanzab

Non-League
15 June 2003
Hi guys

I've finally got myself a copy of FIFA 09! Thanks to everyone who replied to my queries about editing and manager mode in the other thread.

I'm settling into FIFA quite nicely, although I'm finding it's quite different to the PES series I've been used to for years. I'm playing on Professional difficulty and so far I've been winning matches 1-0 fairly comfortably (never in real danger of going behind just yet).

One of the things that I'm finding quite difficult is holding up the ball with my midfield players. In PES 2008, with proper timing and simply presses with the L-stick, I found it easy for my midfielders (like Fabregas and Xavi) to trap the ball safely (away from a defender), make a few quick turns and pass the ball off to another player all the while keeping opposition players well away from the ball. In FIFA, it seems that trying to do the same thing with the L-stick results in much heavier touches, meaning that my midfielders will lose the ball quite often unless they pass it if almost soon as they get it.

Is there any way to hold up the ball effectively in FIFA? Is it just a case of holding down the L2 (dribble control) button or do players need to resort to tricks (with both L2 and the R-stick)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So that we don't get shitty, pointless individual threads cluttering up the place simply because people take 5 months to decide to buy the new Fifa :)

Because there are at least 5 substantive, useful, informative threads which serve separate purposes to a greater number of people.

The problem is when lazy tossers come along and post trivial questions as new threads when 1. they should search the main thread and find the answer or 2. they should post the question as a reply to the main thread rather than starting another shite, trivial thread.

Because there are at least 5 substantive, useful, informative threads which serve separate purposes to a greater number of people.

The problem is when lazy tossers come along and post trivial questions as new threads when 1. they should search the main thread and find the answer or 2. they should post the question as a reply to the main thread rather than starting another shite, trivial thread.

I really can't see the point of this in a _forum_. Obviously you disagree but I really think each question should have it's own thread as at least I don't go through every page in the big thread each day to see if I find any interesting posts in there. Also I would like to believe that many problems gets overlooked simply because people (at least, me) don't check every post and can help like the case would be if I saw a thread title asking for help about "how to find opponents that uses lesser teams", for example. Yeah, sure, as a discussion thread it's great but when asking for help or like this, something that is more likely to be interesting for a pes-reader that doesn't read every single post in this forum.

And, also, it's a pain to search for most questions except for the most obvious ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom