Can anyone fix this game no- cd patch exe not working on windows 10?

DiPika24

Non-League
10 August 2022
Brian Lara International cricket 2007(blc 2007) is published by CodeMaster studios. The main problem with this game is the StarForce DRM.

For this type of disk game released for windows 7 we use some no-cd patch or compatible disk iso like for Brian Lara cricket 99 which still can be played with the disk mounted.
But for this blc 2007 game the no-cd patch has the application error 0x0000007b on windows 10. But its predecessor blc 2005 no-cd patch has no problem. Even the blc 2007 demo runs perfectly on windows 10.
So, I have tried some way to make it work on windows 10 but they did not work out. Does anyone know how to fix these problems mentioned below.

1. As the StarForce DRM work in windows 7, I setup windows 7 64 bit on oracle virtual box and VMware. In this both case when I start the no cd version, I get the generic application error. But if I start the main game exe, it is telling me DVD iso is not matching. I have applied the disk check patched released by CodeMaster due to this issue but then why it is asking for disk in first place I don't know. In VMware if I start the demo instead, I get the error i.e., pc emulation has been detected close all pc emulation then tries again.

2. Back in windows 10, I changed the protected exe, drv and dll file which is the associated file of StarForce DRM with the demo files of blc 2007. In this case, the no cd patch has same 0x000007b error but the main game exe did not ask if the drm is installed or not but it also showed no rsponse. In task manager it was running as background process but not as active application on the desktop.

3. Lastly, I tried to change the exe structure to bypass the DRM but in x32dbg the game exe is not captured. Another exe like cricket 2002,2004 and ashes cricket 2009 can be edited in x32/x64 dbg.

So please if anyone can help.

Back
Top Bottom