iGreedyFekkerHD

Drenkie Je Fong
19 February 2021
Newcastle United
hello good people,
again i'm bothering y'all with some Questions, this time about building a modern PC.
what i have in mind, considering the Use / Purpose of the "Thing" :

+ video editing, some foto editing, maybe some music recording from my e-guitar
+ play some games, but demanding ones, like MS Flight Simulator or Assetto Corsa Competizione
+ some older games as well, Pro Evo 2019 and Fifa 13 and such, creating some OFs and mod them as much as possible
+ maybe a podcast, if there's any other idiots like myself lol, that wanna chat and hang out and such
+ maybe some Emulation of old systems if possible, to play older games (PS2, Dreamcast etc are on my Mind)

i was considering either an AM4 Platform Build, which would be more "Budget Friendly" as the CPU, GPU, RAM etc would not be so expensive.
or, i could save some more Shmonney and make an AM5 Build, trying to make it "Future Proof" to last without major (expensive) upgrades, for maybe 3-4 years ?

i did some research on best rated components but i'm still undecided.
last time i build a PC it had a Intel Pentium III in it, i think, like 2 GB of RAM and was able to run Fifa 08 with Creation Master (ah, the memories...).
so yeah, it's been a while since i've done something like that

an example here:

Alternate PC Build Example AM5

looking forward to some helpful advice or tips from more experienced builders

also, i remember some "Misconceptions" ?
that i heard years ago, such as

"Intel CPUs and Radeon GPUs don't work well together - go Intel + Nvidia , or AMD + Radeon"
"the CL timings are important / are not important because you can overclock most CPU and GPU components nowadays"
"Nvidia GPUs are always better than Radeon because of compatibility with Windows etc"

those seem to be a load of Bullcr@p to me, or is there a point to some of these ?

laterz ;)

Building a PC is completely depending really on budget.

I would probably move this to the PC Gaming thread as the PC Building thread and Gaming threads were merged some time ago.

I would probably recommend the AM5, as it is something which will last a few more years - AM4 you are stuck forever on what you buy now.

"Intel CPUs and Radeon GPUs don't work well together - go Intel + Nvidia , or AMD + Radeon"
This is a myth.
Components seem to work just as well with any component.

"the CL timings are important / are not important because you can overclock most CPU and GPU components nowadays"
CL Timings on RAM are pretty much nonsense, they benchmark better but in real world environment are very similar.

"Nvidia GPUs are always better than Radeon because of compatibility with Windows etc"
Again pretty much bullshit, yes personally Nvidia drivers and software are much better than AMD.
However AMD cards offer much better bang per buck than Nvidia.

Back
Top Bottom