Best FIFA 16 gameplay simulation settings are here. Best football game ever!

Spot on. The lack of sliders is the biggest issues. The lack of referee strictness / foul slider is not unforgivable... it's absolutely braindead. I'm sure it'd be quite easily implemented to the menus.

I haven't played the recent NBA 2k titles. I think the last one I had was 2k10.
2k unfortunately has also gone the microtransactions way but their NBA game is still enjoyable offline with a lot of options to customise your experience. As long as you stay away from the online part of the game you're fine. I'm not an online gamer though, I don't like the toxicity, the only games I play online are Rocket League, Fall Guys and the recently released Headbangers rhythm game. I just want to have some fun and laugh rather than facing toxic people. Time and life is short to deal with idiots and get frustrated.

Just installed the World Cup 2022 patch.

Very impressed, so well done. Can't even imagine what kind of work hours they have put together to get this masterpiece done.

I will implement these settings to that patch and play a tournament. FIFA 16 was just as good as I remembered. There is just something in that "game flow" and atmosphere... you can't really put your finger on it. PES5 had the same vibe. PES6 was way more popular but it was worse in many ways. Less fouls, stupid cards, etc.

Has anyone tried to run gameplayzer on the Classic Patch? For me it doesn't seem to work as it should - team tactics get the new values, but player stats seem to remain unchanged.

EDIT: I realised this is probably caused by me not being able to reset squads in game menu, since that button is disabled by patch creators. Therefore the correct question would be: is here a way to do this squad reseting any other way? Or any way to circumvent this step?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to run gameplayzer on the Classic Patch? For me it doesn't seem to work as it should - team tactics get the new values, but player stats seem to remain unchanged.

EDIT: I realised this is probably caused by me not being able to reset squads in game menu, since that button is disabled by patch creators. Therefore the correct question would be: is here a way to do this squad reseting any other way? Or any way to circumvent this step?
When you replaced fifa ng db with your gameplayzed db you can open creation master 16 and check squads. And save it. For me the main problem of this new gameplay, that AI doing too many stupid long passes. I mean TOO MANY. I do not know how to fix it.

That didn't work - players have new stats in CM16, but still default ones in game..

Regarding long passes, not sure I can relate to this. There is much more variety for sure and more misplaced passes, but to me that's a big positive. Default AI relies on tiki taka too much, even though 1.0 exe does a better job than 1.07 in this regard.

I noticed many smaller teams are set up to play aggressive long ball tactics - you might want to check this out, maybe some tweaking would help?

That didn't work - players have new stats in CM16, but still default ones in game..

Regarding long passes, not sure I can relate to this. There is much more variety for sure and more misplaced passes, but to me that's a big positive. Default AI relies on tiki taka too much, even though 1.0 exe does a better job than 1.07 in this regard.

I noticed many smaller teams are set up to play aggressive long ball tactics - you might want to check this out, maybe some tweaking would help?
It should work. Create new in game profile, if you haven't done so yet.

since i won t overpay for fifa 16 on pc, does fifa 14 offer the same gameplay as fifa 16 ? i heard before that fifa 14 old gen and next gen differs, so the fifa 14 on ps4 is better than the pc version??? i need a football fix , a decent career mode , i can t get back to pes 5 and 6, so i need a newer game that offers that decent randomness in gameplay as in fifa 16, does fifa 14 offer that? and the pc version?? or ps4 version?

since i won t overpay for fifa 16 on pc, does fifa 14 offer the same gameplay as fifa 16 ? i heard before that fifa 14 old gen and next gen differs, so the fifa 14 on ps4 is better than the pc version??? i need a football fix , a decent career mode , i can t get back to pes 5 and 6, so i need a newer game that offers that decent randomness in gameplay as in fifa 16, does fifa 14 offer that? and the pc version?? or ps4 version?
I would just pay the £58 for FIFA 16. Do not expect any new decent football game soon. I was also told that 2K dropped any ideas/plans to get involved into football. EA will also go the KONAMI way.

In my opinion fifa14 on PS4 is a very good game and maybe the best fifa after 16.
What i like more on 16 is first touch and ball physics in general, but expecially A.i... FIFA 16 is maybe the only FIFA where trough ball are not overpower cause the defense and midfield positioning Is soooo good.
Oh and one last thing: on fifa 14 headers are a lil overpower too.

A few people have asked what kind of settings I use to play FIFA 16 (which is my preferred football game). The only modern title that (with correct settings) play even remotely like real football. Yes it has its flaws but it's the only football game since PES5/WE9 that really captured the "genuine feel of football". It's not necessarily something that "you can put your finger on"... it's just the "atmosphere" you get when you play this game with these settings... I always watch patiently all cutscenes and replays and enjoy the "slower pace"... and ability to DEFEND is very important factor to me.

It's the only modern football game that has FOULS and free kicks and doesn't have crazy, unfair AI comeback logic and idiotic scripted goals (in some newer PES titles you KNEW that the AI is going to score if it got a last minute corner, etc). In FIFA 16 you can actually play cynical, defensive football and trying to defend your lead. I don't even recall EVER playing a 0-0 game in any modern PES. Those games happen in modded FIFA occasionally.

There's also no way you can make endless crazy long distance goals all the time. A lot of those shots go wide (just like they do in real football). You even get disastrous failed shots occasionally (as in real football). You really have to work hard for your goals and victories. If you're looking for fast arcade action and "superhuman moves", stay away from these settings.

Example of one (a bit rough) game stats (15 min. halfs, legendary)

pqcbcbR.jpg

I use the following settings by Ciais, EXE version 1.01 (with Origin set "offline") and of course legendary skill level.

DOWNLOAD FIFA 1.0 EXE (demo gameplay) file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvfmgha8n7ehay3/fifa16.zip/file

Download Gameplayzer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/im1igwvove90pci/FIFA+16+-+DB+Gameplayzer.zip/file

After implementing these settings I will decrease injuries quite a lot and make some individual increases to every team star players' abilities (so their skills will shine more).

I also use slow gamespeed and increase both user and CPU sprint speed a bit (but that's a taste thing).

When you play a tournament there will be variation how the referee works. In some matches you get as much as 20 fouls, sometimes only 6-7. But the main thing is... you will get good free kick opportunities, a LOT of realistic holding and obstruction in the midfield (which result to fouls), attacking player fouls in the opposite penalty area (when fighting for the headers), and if you use "grabbing the shirt" button you'll get even more fouls. Most of the time refs won't notice it but occasionally you'll get yellows. Just consider that in real football there's going to be 20-40 fouls in every game. Modern FIFA and PES have 0-2 fouls per game and the good free kick opportunities simply won't happen. That's like removing penalties from hockey or Grand Slams from baseball. I think it's pretty decent to get 8-20 fouls in modded FIFA 16 (since we're playing 15 min. halfs).

This ai has penalties, cards and very "genuine feel" in it. Well better than any other football game I've played.

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Go to your \FIFA 16\data\db folder and copy fifa_ng_db.db file to your gameplayzer folder.
2. Open Gameplayzer.exe
3. Open matrix file
4. Open fifa_ng_db.db file
5. Save it with different filename like 1_fifa_ng_db.db (the program starts "gameplayzing" it. Wait for a few minutes.
6. Copy that gameplayzed db file to your \FIFA 16\data\db and overwrite the old fifa_ng_db.db (i.e rename it accordingly)
7. Copy-paste the text of the cl.ini (from the end of this post) and replace it with the original cl.ini file and overwrite. Do the same with cmsettings.ini.
8. Go to the Edit Squads screen in-game and select "Reset squads," then you will be able to see the db changes
9. Enjoy

PS: Nothing is perfect. If you have more ideas and observations, please do share. I just want to have the best and most realistically playing football game possible.

Gameplay (testing) version 2019-04-27

Thanks to }_Oasis_{, AlexFaz89, andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, Ariel, Azami_Nene, bangus, beta990, Chris Davies, Chuny, dissectionalone, El Pajaro, Exocyst, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, final lap, FredHor, frisgon, Hess, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miguelfcp, miketheslummy, Nisoley, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, Redhat, regularcat, rsl1, shawminator, slamsoze, Supernova, Tinker and anybody I surely forgot :))

To fully enjoy it you need:

• DB Gameplayzer: https://mega.nz/#!Pl1nFSIJ!3h3uurRkowJiLRbIsBLf4p73nPdka_E4OmvsVJVWbes
    • Instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...A-oMTHcCR2gPNPLo_sm772oTB1E5POaRWXlUnu0ka/pub
      • Changes to the players:
      • Changes to the teams:
      • Changes to the rest of the DB:
    • Edits since last version:
      • Recalculated Agility, Sprint Speed, Acceleration and Vision
      • Slightly increased Aggression for more physicality and fouls
      • Reduced Short Passing to contain CPU laser passing
      • Increased Crossing to balance higher CPU Pass Error slider
      • Reduced Reactions increase to counter some god-like defending
      • Reduced Penalties so players should both blast them and miss more
      • Recalculated GK Handling and GK Diving
      • Removed Selfish trait from GKs to prevent them from stupidly dribbling around their area

• Sliders:
      • Increased Pass Error
      • Decreased GK Ability
      • Decreased Marking
      • Decreased Fullbacks Positioning
      • Probably others, I stupidly deleted the old sliders so I couldn't compare all the values

• cl.ini:
    • Create/replace the file in your FIFA 16 folder
      • If you have ModdingWay Mod installed, after that simply reopen FIFA 16 MWM Selector.exe and then close it, without doing anything else
      • Removed unused or redundant strings
      • Added strings decreasing shot and pass accuracy
      • Added strings removing precision in player moves (dribbling, trapping...)
      • Rebalanced referee strings to have more fouls but less cards

****************************************************************************************

• cmsettings.ini:
    • If you already have this file in FIFA 16\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data\, replace these lines:
    • If not, extract this in your FIFA 16 folder and launch ModdingWayInstaller.exe: https://mega.nz/#!3gl1gSBD!h2v8CzUYlm43AAEkCiwAW62I3YPflhCDq6-mgdYMKDs
      • Changes: Re-balanced fatigue recovery due to significantly reduced Stamina
      • Recalculated fatigue recovery so now players are 75%+ fitness ready after 3 days, as in real life
Cheers :))

Some gameplay footage.
i got fifa 16 from fitgirl, but it doesn t have db folder. wtf.......

Back
Top Bottom