My humble opinion about PES 2016

ramgamer

La Liga
22 July 2013
fc barcelona
me what is killing the game is the cpu 1 type of goal scored against me plus the inexistence of shot variation,dribbling past the whole pitch,defensive awareness, no fouls detected etc.. this game is too limited and half baked if i might say, ive been playing it since it's release, whatever i did to it, even yairgameplay patch cannot fix these things. in my humble opinion although i never liked fifa, is that fifa 16 is the game to play as PES 2016 is a very limited narrowed down football game because konami didnt develop it the way it should, but its good that ur enjoying the game, me i couldnt still play this game with all these basic faults..i feel disappointed and kind of eager to do something myself to fix the game, but can't do anything about it, its all in the hands of konami, i am playing fifa 16 but in the back of my mind, i have this despair and sadness of leaving pes behind for a reason of the other, if you know what i mean..

me what is killing the game is the cpu 1 type of goal scored against me plus the inexistence of shot variation,dribbling past the whole pitch,defensive awareness, no fouls detected etc.. this game is too limited and half baked if i might say, ive been playing it since it's release, whatever i did to it, even yairgameplay patch cannot fix these things. in my humble opinion although i never liked fifa, is that fifa 16 is the game to play as PES 2016 is a very limited narrowed down football game because konami didnt develop it the way it should, but its good that ur enjoying the game, me i couldnt still play this game with all these basic faults..i feel disappointed and kind of eager to do something myself to fix the game, but can't do anything about it, its all in the hands of konami, i am playing fifa 16 but in the back of my mind, i have this despair and sadness of leaving pes behind for a reason of the other, if you know what i mean..

I agree with everything you say. It's good that you have given FIFA 16 a chance. It has it's faults but is still far better than PES 2016 and is much more of a simulation. If only more people would give it a chance. I could not stand FIFA before but cannot put it down at the moment. I've not seen 2 goals the same yet either from me or the CPU. Even the goal kicks and throw ins have more variation than PES 2016.

It is sad that I'm not enjoying PES and what's worse is I really cannot see it improving unless they give it an overhaul.

I'm pleased ramgamer that you are, like myself, humbly enjoying FIFA. Hopefully next year there will be 2 good games for us to enjoy. :)

I agree with everything you say. It's good that you have given FIFA 16

It is sad that I'm not enjoying PES and what's worse is I really cannot see it improving unless they give it an overhaul.

I'm pleased ramgamer that you are, like myself, humbly enjoying FIFA. Hopefully next year there will be 2 good games for us to enjoy. :)
I dont think pes needs an overhaul it just needs someone to sit down assess the bads and the faults in the game and address them, it is in 2 words a half baked product nothng else to say, if only fifa has the animations that the fox engine can produce.

All football games AI never fouls. Its just something you have to deal with.

Thats strange because CPU player got second yellow only today and subsequent red card.That is something You will have to deal with.

I hear you. The game is very repetitive all the way. Every player pass the same way, shoot the same way, trap the ball with the same technique, First time pass and shoot with same technique and etc etc. PES/WE was all about individuality and now this feeling is lost. The game dont need to be too complicated to play, with button combinations and stuff. Its just must have some depth. If you miss a long pass, its because the player you tried that pass dont have the skills to do so, something like that you know what i mean?

Well, Fifa 16 is good game indeed. Its not as good has PES 5, but it is The PES 5 of all Fifas.

Sorry for the bad english. I hope you guys understand what i mean.

Cheers.

All football games AI never fouls. Its just something you have to deal with.
what?pes 2016 has a ridicolous foul sistem if you compare with either pes 5 or pes 6.Actually i have gone back in the past playing the past pes series(pes 6, pes 2012, a very underrated game but to my my opinion sooo good, and also pes 2015,despite lack of fouls too but less than pes 2016)....i would like to give pes 2016 a go again but unfortunately i agree with all its game breaking issues....its was so promising when it came out...and now it only reveals such a frustrating arcade,...everything the same, no fouls, super speed, no individual skills(messi and vitale just the same for istance), many goals and so on...just like fifa used to be.i did no give fifa 2016 a go just because fifa is not for me(i appreciated little bit fifa 2014)..i'd rather wait for pes to come back....hopefully.

How would you know fifa is not for you if you haven't given it a go..if you like pes 5 , 6 then trust me you are missing out

what?pes 2016 has a ridicolous foul sistem if you compare with either pes 5 or pes 6.Actually i have gone back in the past playing the past pes series(pes 6, pes 2012, a very underrated game but to my my opinion sooo good, and also pes 2015,despite lack of fouls too but less than pes 2016)....i would like to give pes 2016 a go again but unfortunately i agree with all its game breaking issues....its was so promising when it came out...and now it only reveals such a frustrating arcade,...everything the same, no fouls, super speed, no individual skills(messi and vitale just the same for istance), many goals and so on...just like fifa used to be.i did no give fifa 2016 a go just because fifa is not for me(i appreciated little bit fifa 2014)..i'd rather wait for pes to come back....hopefully.

Dude I was never into Fifa either but giving Fifa 16 properly ago and not being fixated by its faults in the past, it's old Skool PES, even better, prior to Fifa 16 I never enjoyed fifa over the past 15 years could only play for a few minutes and that was it. Things that do need to be fixed tho is definately the tactics

For me FIFA 14 is better than 16. I actually liked the fifa 16 demo, but after getting the full game and a few patches the game is like 15 (not as bad as 15 though).

The best footie game for me is still PES 2013. Really wish we could get a game with PES 2013's gameplay with new animations.

Dude I was never into Fifa either but giving Fifa 16 properly ago and not being fixated by its faults in the past, it's old Skool PES, even better, prior to Fifa 16 I never enjoyed fifa over the past 15 years could only play for a few minutes and that was it. Things that do need to be fixed tho is definately the tactics
i really would like to give fifa 16 a go but as a matter of fact my pc(dual core 2ghz, nvidia grafic 120M i giga, ram 4 Giga)is too low spec for it. i tried with the demo but unfortunately i could not even run it.If you say so,i believe it but i cannot for now, not until i buy a new laptop(sorry for off topic)..also because i am really done with this pes 2016...i rather enjoy more pes 2015 instead(i like pes 2015 a lot), a lot more simulative despite the lack of good foul sistem too.

i really would like to give fifa 16 demo but unfortunately i could not even run it.If you say so,i believe it but i cannot for now, not until i buy a new laptop(sorry for off topic)..also because i am really done with this pes 2016...i rather enjoy more pes 2015 instead(i like pes 2015 a lot), a lot more simulative despite the lack of good foul sistem too.
U need a quad core and a gtx 650 ti as a minimum requirement to play fifa 16 decently.
Pes 2015 is good but on pc its marred with responsivness issues i had to deal with it a whole year.it just isnt stable game. Some games were responsive and some were too unresponsive.

U need a quad core and a gtx 650 ti as a minimum requirement to play fifa 16 decently.
Pes 2015 is good but on pc its marred with responsivness issues i had to deal with it a whole year.it just isnt stable game. Some games were responsive and some were too unresponsive.
i encounter no problems at all with pes 2015 responsivness and i only have a low spec laptop,only if i downsample to 4k, the game scatters a little bit but with normal sampling i can run the game totally fluid.The issues about pes 2015 are the low levels of details and referee(not perfect but better that pes 2016 though)..the rest, i really enjoy this game, way way more than pes 2016, randomness and simulation feeling(from the old classic pes series) are back there and that is what i am looking for from a footy game.Yet for me no chance to give fifa 2016 a try...not until i buy a new laptop.

Last edited:
I agree PES 2015 is a better game than 2016. Maybe add a little bit of responsiveness so it's more fluid like 2016 would be awesome. But overall for me this year's game is a step back from last year.

I agree PES 2015 is a better game than 2016. Maybe add a little bit of responsiveness so it's more fluid like 2016 would be awesome. But overall for me this year's game is a step back from last year.
Totally agree, and also a big step back.Seem like pes series are taking all the bad from fifa in order to increase sales and on the other hand fifa is trying to take all the good from pes series.When i first downloaded the pes 2016 demo and tried it, i thought..oh my God, this is the real thing, so smooth movements from the players ando so close to reality, i am obssessed with real life like gameplay so i wont care anymore about fifa level and quantity of details(way far better than last pes series except for the players faces). I could not believe myself i was so wrong...all the same scripted arcade gameplay, the ai only find space with scripted through pass and low shot and ..goal!...and player ai so scripted too!...what they gonna do next?implement sliders?so can be even closer to fifa releases....well..i hope for pes 2017 they get back to pes 2014 or 15 and start back from there only for good gameplay sake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom