Firewatch

I got it yesterday. I don't know how far in I am yet but the game is really good. Deep. Emotional. I love it. Been looking for something like this, without guns. Old school adventure games.

I miss the old Grim Fandango, Full Throttle type of games. More stories, less worries. More thinking, less action.

Alright, I just ended it. I stand by what I said: GREAT GAME.

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT KEEP READING!.
Full of little and big misteries that keep you glued to your seat. Music is great and it just adds to the immersion. Great story. The end left me gutted though, kind of sad. Although it's probably best this way, otherwise it could have gotten pretty cheesy. I wish there were more games like this, really. It is the closest I've experienced to getting that "LOST" (the tv show) feeling from the first and second season. Like you get all sorts of conspiracy ideas in your mind all the time.

I also love that 'real time' sensation of having to actually walk through the whole map all the time and not just be able to take shortcuts.

If anybody knows more games like this, please holla!

BIG Thanks to the topic starter, I probably would have never gotten this game otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not, for people who just want to rush through it.

Spot on!
If all you want is to add another game to your list of "completed" then this might not be the best for you. It's not a time-consuming game. But you can make it time consuming if instead of doing strictly as instructed you wander-off by your own from time to time to explore and discover different things. That's the beauty of it. Well, no... actually the beauty of it, it's the story and mistery that surrounds the whole environment, but the exploring part is just as good and it makes you want to get deeper and deeper into it.

Great game.

Played it last night and judging by the comments it'll be finished tonight :LOL:

Just started it on PC, stopped after 30 mins, that cursor that can't be disabled, so annoying, ruins the immersion, will wait for their to be a mod/update to disable it, think the game will be far more enjoyable.

Really? Does it bother you that much?
I forgot about it after 30mins, lol. Do you think anyone will care to make a mod for it? Just asking.

I hate to see people doing that to devs. Short game or not. If you pay for a product and successfully play through it from start to finish, I don't think refunds are fair to the devs who've spent a good chunk of their lives putting it together. Well, there's no "think" about it, it's definitely not fair. You may as well be downloading it off a torrent site somewhere.

Steam is pretty shitty, if you ask me.

I'm all for supporting indie devs, but if you've been led to believe a game lasts 5-6 hours and it actually only takes you 2 hours you have a very valid complaint.

http://www.onlysp.com/firewatch-take-around-5-6-hours-complete/

It’s pretty hard to say since there’s actually quite a lot of “off the beaten path” areas in the game that players won’t have to visit. On average, I’d say maybe 5-6 hours … ? When I play it, it feels comparable to the length of a trilogy of movies or a TV mini-series.

A trilogy of movies or a TV mini series is certainly more than 2 hours.

I agree Chris.

It's always the case with games though, even Witcher 3, surely that could be bypassed all the other stuff and you'd complete it with nowhere near the actual gameplay time involved.

It would still have taken 15 hours or so at a guess. £30 for 15 hours is £2 per hour. £15 for 2 hours is £7.50 per hour, big difference.

Plus you're an idiot if you play a game like Witcher/Fallout and only do the story :)

Maybe so, but i still think it isn't fair, if you cut corners or don't want to take in the whole world as such, then that's the players call, tough titties as we say up here.

I feel like I did most of the things I could, and still took around 4/5 hours to finish.

Happy to pay $3 an hour in this day and age though! The quality of most of the game is spectacular. For me the writing and story are fantastic for about 98% of the time. But that 2%...

Back
Top Bottom