Sony Bravia + XBOX 360 Motion Blur/Ghosting

issarajevo

PES6 > PES2014 + FIFA14
25 February 2007
Sarajevo
FK Sarajevo
Posted my problem all over the web, with not much of a help at the end...

So, recently I have bought an XBOX 360, and already I'm experiencing problems playing my favourite type of video games.

TV is HD Ready Sony Bravia KDL-32R420A, connected via HDMI. Games running on a 1360x768 @60hz. I can't change it, though it supports up to 100Hz.
Also, I can't select Game mode (When I'm trying to select Game mode, it automatically switches me to Graphics (HDMI 2, using it for XBOX 360). I can select Game mode before powering the XBOX on, after it boots, it switches me back to Graphics).

Ghosting/motion blur occure when playing long passes, and during fast counter-attacks, when lead the ball, or running with it, there are none. I see this is common problem, but I don't know how to sort it out.
From what I see, this is the place to ask for help. :)

What are the options? I'm sure many of you experienced this same annoying problem... How did you solve it?

Please help this ancient forum member. :)

Game mode exists to automatically switch off all "enhancements" to image, I have no idea why the TV defaults to Graphics when you power up your Xbox, but your choice may have to be to manually switch off all the enhancements yourself.

That being said, check your HDMI cable. Try out a different cable and see if ghosting remains an issue.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that Games are supposed to be played via cinches (I've got cinches with console, HDMI cable is an extra). But I can't get to cinch ports because of a hanging TV holder (it has huge block at back side), and I'm too lazy to take it off. Saying that, I've tried to put cinches in scart, and the pic was HORRIBLE, like PS2 graphics, but what's important - ghosting remained.

I've already tried the different HDMI cable, same. With this cable I'm currently using, I've tried with TV in living room, and it was all OK. The settings on that TV was 720p. I've tried 720p with my TV, same.

I don't want to conclude that it's just the way it is, it gotta be some way to sort this out. It really is good TV, but not for football games it seems.

How is the picture with normal TV programs? Is there any ghosting then?

If you can't change picture enchancements and if you can't use game mode, then try to rename the HDMI port to PC ( you know on some TVs you can change the name of the source ) and see if there are any differences.

Try this:

In your 360, go to settings > system > console settings > display > hdtv settings > then you'll see a ton of resolution options.

Hope this fixes it for you :)

If you can't change picture enchancements and if you can't use game mode, then try to rename the HDMI port to PC ( you know on some TVs you can change the name of the source ) and see if there are any differences.

Pretty much boils down to this, if you have ghosting on regular TV channels then it's an issue with the TV itself.
If ghosting only occurs with the Xbox, and specifically with PES, then it's something else that can probably be fixed.

No ghosting at all when watch TV programs. Watched WC2014 in HD, 100% smooth.
Don't have the option to rename. :BORED:

Have you tried fiddling with the settings in your 360?

Try this:

In your 360, go to settings > system > console settings > display > hdtv settings > then you'll see a ton of resolution options.

Hope this fixes it for you :)
Already tried. :)
Tried with 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1024x768 & 1360x768... the last one works the best, it runs @60Hz, all others @50Hz, don't know why... and it's 100Hz TV.
Tried with cinches, same problem.

Pretty much boils down to this, if you have ghosting on regular TV channels then it's an issue with the TV itself.
If ghosting only occurs with the Xbox, and specifically with PES, then it's something else that can probably be fixed.
Exactly like that. All other games I've tried (GTA, Forza, Top Spin...) had no motion blur/ghosting at all.
To make myself clear, it is playable, but every time I do pass or goal kick, it start to annoy slowly.

I would pay to have this fixed, but I'm losing hope. :)
One thing I know for sure, when I'm about to buy new TV, I'll take my Xbox with me, and start to play PES @market. :)

Thank you guys for your attempts to help me... hope we'll manage to sort this out somehow, I'm out of the options. :)

As i am a maniac on the topic "Best TV for my XBOX", I feel your pain somehow.. Are you 100% sure that you can't change picture settings? And you can't switch to another mode, like "Cinema".. ( i know you can't to Game mode only, because of the auto returning to Graphic )?

Also firstly TV with 768p native, is not so good for the native 720p xbox resolution. At least you have a 16:9 TV, so you don't have black lines, or overscan and not correct proportion.

Another thing can be, that on the normal TV, the motion correction futures to be working, but not on the XBOX. You may say - why then other games = no problems.. I think goal kicks are really fast paced action..so it is normal to have a slight black, or light trail. : )

Also you can think of updating your TV firmware ( but you can exactly be sure how to do it, because it is kinda risky ). May be it will help a bit for the ghosting issue, but may be not. Its actually rare for manufactures to write exactly what their updates fixes/changes.

The other thing is to wait for a better TV + next gen console, but first you have to research for a low input lag + fast matrix panel response time for your TV, to be sure it is best for gaming. : )

And the tactic with testing with the console when buying is great by the way! : D

PS. See if your TV is in HOME mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom